14 H.Simon

15 T.Burman

16 D.Khomitsevich

Total:

1. Nikolai Krasnikov 124

2. Khomitsevich mit 120 Punkten

3. I.Ivanov mit 105 Punkten

4. Bulankin mit 98 Punkten

Managed to drag myself out of my sick bed to make it on Saturday and although i wasn't really up for it,was a fantastic meeting.Were only a few races with no excitement.I think all the riders deserve praise for the show they put on.Some great battles,Zorn winning on the line,Posa & Aarkko,everyone really apart from Bogdanov who seemed off the pace.Vitali and Nikolai did seem to have extra speed though.Unfortunatelly by going saturday it meant i was back in bed the whole day yesterday but i saw the highlights on tele yesterday.Don't know if sunday wasn't as good,but they didn't show any overtaking,in fact they didn't really show just how exciting it was :( Congratulations to Krasnikov and to all who took part.

Sorry I missed you Iris123, managed to meet up with Wolfslayer and the boys both days. Saturday was a great meeting, but I thought Sunday, whilst having it's moments was a little flat.

Posa had loads of problems before the meeting which showed in a couple of his races, whilst Franky Zorn was starting to show something of a retrun to form. He told me he was still suffering the effects of Pneumonia in Russia, and that he had more problems than he could want, which set him back for 2005. Sunday he was on his 2nd bike after the first one had a problem Saturday. His main problems appear to have been suspension related.

Antti Aakko was another rider with suspension problems, which were sorted by 1-30pm Sunday when a German turned up with his repaired suspension strut. It was all hands to the pump to re-fit it before the start of the Racing. His performance Sunday was a marked improvement.

So apart from Erfurt that's it for another year.

Sadly, No. I would like to go, but I'm afarid that two weekends at the Ice was bad enough for my wife and Family, a third consecutive weekend would be tantamount to Divorce!

If you are going, GSF, enjoy yourself, it looks a good weekend.

Well conkers,i was in no fit state to meet anyone :( Didn't even try to fill in my programme.Looked at my camera in the morning and thought,nah!Just as well it would have been another burden,although the opportunity for some good pics were there.Had one heart stopping moment as i was standing just above where Krasnikov ploughed into the bales.Seeing those spikes heading towards me with just some dead grass and a flimsy wire fence in between,well :o

@GSF

Won't be in Erfurt as i will be at Güstrow and maybe Neuenknick,although this new line-up for the Bundesliga doesn't excite me as much.Teterow or even the line-up for the Junior champ at Norden seems better in my opinion. :unsure:

iris123  Posted Today, 02:23 PM

Had one heart stopping moment as i was standing just above where Krasnikov ploughed into the bales

Did you stand in that small taped off area at the start of the Back Straight terracing? If so, I was standing in there for some photos about Ht 9 - 15, and you weren't that far from Wolfsalyer and his mates who were in front of the stairs.

Just along from there.I was just about a metre to the right off his point of impact.Looked over that way a couple of times,remember someone playing the accordion(couldn't hear it though).Thought all the photographers bar 2 or 3 dissapeared to the warmth of the bar after heat 4 only to return for the finals :D

Far from retiring to the bar, I was out there for both meetings! And the results are now all up on my site.

Also, Motorcycle News will have something on Franky Zorn in next weeks issue for anyone who is having Ice Withdrawal symptoms. (It should have been in this week but some Freestyle MXer got better and started riding again.....)

Edited by Conkers

An update on Günther.Seems he is out until 2007! Will miss next season and there is an ad in BSA selling his bikes.Says he will build new ones when he comes back.Bad news for Ice Speedway,at least from a non Russian point of view

That is a major blow to the sport!

Riders like Bauer, Zorn, Serenius and Aakko at least keep some interest in what is rapidly becoming a Russian Only sport.

Hi Conkers,sorry it's taken this long to get in touch.Sad to read the news about Gunter.As you say Conkers,it's rapidly becoming a Russian only sport.If the likes of Posa,Franky or Antti get injured before the GP rounds get to Assen or Berlin,will we see a drop in the crowds?