British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZKZ Kitten

Grand Prix Wrocław

You wouldn't be saying that if Crump had done the same to you when you were riding.

I can picture it now........The Final of the 'Bognor Regis GP'.....Crump dives hard under the Honeymeister in his eagerness to lap him for the second time in the race, pushing him hard towards the safety fence and causing him to shut off what little throttle he had left..... :D  ;)

whenz the last time you were on a bike???/ :lol:;)

Edited by sandman

Guest Leveller

T.R. was awesome. Entertaining even though the result was predictable. But: WHY ON EARTH DO SKY TV FEEL THE NEED TO USE A 'BIKE BELL' AT THE END OF EVERY LAP!!! Irritating to say the least.

Trick was awesome to nite and it will take some beating.

Leigh done well to get second did not make one gate tonite but the suprise packet was Lindback

WHY ON EARTH DO SKY TV FEEL THE NEED TO USE A 'BIKE BELL' AT THE END OF EVERY LAP!!!  Irritating to say the least.

To be fair I don't think that was anything to do with Sky. I've never heard it before so I am guessing it was a track fixture that Sky did'nt even know about when they set up the microphones.

T.R. was awesome.  Entertaining even though the result was predictable. But: WHY ON EARTH DO SKY TV FEEL THE NEED TO USE A 'BIKE BELL' AT THE END OF EVERY LAP!!!  Irritating to say the least.

Agreed.

Did you like the little flag halos above each of the riders' heads before each heat ? :D

I must admit it seemed rather flat in the early stages, I know it's a fairer way of running it, but where was the excitement?

With the old format, you could get excited if the rider you supported was in the eliminator, something that would have me jumping around the front room in stress etc but with this format you know they aren't going out and that they have another ride. I think I only started shouting a couple of times during the GP (very unusual for me) and that was right near the end.

The meeting was very boring for the first god knows how many heats untill it finally livened up and some passing could be done, all very processional to me.

Oh well at least I won some money, I never usually put a bet on Tony but this time I did and for the first time, I didn't do an each way bet!!

To be fair I don't think that was anything to do with Sky. I've never heard it before so I am guessing it was a track fixture that Sky did'nt even know about when they set up the microphones.

Think it was probably a BSI idea.

You wouldn't be saying that if Crump had done the same to you when you were riding.

I can picture it now........The Final of the 'Bognor Regis GP'.....Crump dives hard under the Honeymeister in his eagerness to lap him for the second time in the race, pushing him hard towards the safety fence and causing him to shut off what little throttle he had left..... :D  ;)

sad-smiley-047.gif

oh Rose darling, you can be such a hurtful cow at times

the words 'hook, line & sinker' spring to mind :approve:

The new system is great as it gives everybody a chance and saves wasting riders time when you had eliminators and left early, good Grand Prix surely it will only get better when we get a grippy track then it really will be awesome, Well done to Rickardsson !!

id love a grand prix at sheffield, would be great racing and to see tomasz gollob!

The first 4 races were really dull, but then it picked up & got exciting. Obviously being a fan of Leigh I really enjoyed it. He really wasn't making gates, but his racing was great, specially the semi final.

I liked the gate picking for the semis & final, pleased not to see then sticking their toes in the dirt for ages, just going with a gate colour & getting on with it. Fairer and not dull.

Well Done Leigh!

:)

Edited by SpeedieGonzalez

Poor meeting imo very zzzzzzzzzzz

This new system is very fair and suits tricky down to the ground everyone rides v one another you get to choose your gates, if you score more pts etc etc and i am sure if we had this system over the last few years tony would have won a lot more than his five world titles .

After saying all that the old gp format was the best if unfair thing to happen to speedway in a long time it was fresh and fast and every race had some think on it .

To me last night was a step backwards :sad::sad:

You will love me or hate me but I think the track was good.

One of the most boooooooooooring Championship meetings at Wroclaw I have ever seen (since 1992 as I was there for the first time) !!

sleep.gif