British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZKZ Kitten

Grand Prix Wrocław

You will love me or hate me but I think the track was good.

Shame on Tomasz Gollob, I have no idea what happened to him. Krzysztof Kasprzak and Tomasz Chrzanowski proved that Grand Prix competition is out of their dreams. Very sad that Jarek Hampel didn't do the final :( He deserved it.

Mr Linback is a huge surprise I have to say I'm happy he got 4th place although it may be perceived as mean.

Congratulations to Tony for wonderful score and great fight despite being in pain.

and Lee... did well, as always for me :)

The one thing I don't like about this new points format is the big gap between riders in the final and riders who didn't make it through. Lindback got 16 for finishing 4th in the final, Pedersen got his 11 race points for coming 3rd in the semi. To win the championship you will have to make the final every time.

Guest Shale Eater

Forget Tony's 7 rides and 7 wins, the rider of the night was Antonio Lindback :):):) . Thanks Hans and Bjarne for losing me 30 credits in the game :mad::mad:

The track was slick, but as Steve Shovlar never tires telling us, slick tracks can provide great racing. And there was some great racing there tonight.

An assessment of the riders:

Adams: Will be very pleased with 2nd place. He was as steady as ever and did very well to pass Hampel in the semi-final.

Andersen: Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Chrzanowski: Did as well as could be reasonably expected. But this level of racing is clearly too high for him.

Crump: Had an indifferent grand prix. If he and Nicki Pedersen are going to spend the whole series trying to knock seven colours out of each other, then neither is going to be crowned king.

Gollob: Only marginally better than Hans Andersen. He looked well off the pace. Needs a rapid improvement or he can forget about the crown.

Hampel: Did really well, but really should have taken a place in the final.

Hancock: Had a good, solid grand prix.

Jonsson: Did well later in the meeting and qualified for the semi-final. But he still looks to be a level below the top riders.

Kasprzak: Did as well as could be expected. Certainly not disgraced.

Lindback: A fantastic performance from the youngster. Will have learned an awful lot tonight.

Nicholls: Pretty hopeless really.

B Pedersen: Pretty hopeless really. Can't see him doing much in the series.

N Pedersen: An eventful grand prix for Nicki Pedersen, as ever.

Richardson: Pretty hopeless really.

Rickardsson: Awesome.

Sullivan: Pretty hopeless really.

Chrzanowski: Did as well as could be reasonably expected. But this level of racing is clearly too high for him.

Gollob: Only marginally better than Hans Andersen. He looked well off the pace. Needs a rapid improvement or he can forget about the crown.

Hampel: Did really well, but really should have taken a place in the final.

Kasprzak: Did as well as could be expected. Certainly not disgraced.

Richardson: Pretty hopeless really.

Rickardsson: Awesome.

indeed, indeed, indeed, indeed, not indeed, indeed :P

i like the new system as far as the racing is concerned but the gap in the points is just too much.

tony isnt going to loose many this year me thinks. now that hes not riding elite league he can fully focus on the gps.

the brits.....c**p :cry: , i thought scotty had a chance this year. he wont be in next year if he keeps that up. lee was just as bad :cry:

lindback....wow. where did that come from :shock:

a lot of 1st corner action but after that very few passes, although the ones we did see were fantastic.

not really worthy of all the build up. 6/10 as far as exitements concerned. would probably have been even less had it not been the 1st one.

i liked the new system and thought that limback was outstanding but for tony Rickardsson 7 races 7 win what a racer.hampel was good and was unlikey to not make the final

Great performance by Tony, unlucky Antonio think Crumpy was a bit hard in the final!!

Well shows me not to predict anymore when i predicted Hans!!

best move of the night - Crump on Lindback

biggest shock of the night - Lindback didn't test the airfence

The one thing I don't like about this new points format is the big gap between riders in the final and riders who didn't make it through. Lindback got 16 for finishing 4th in the final, Pedersen got his 11 race points for coming 3rd in the semi. To win the championship you will have to make the final every time.

I noticed that too, a few GP's with similar finalists early doors and the title race will be over for 80% of the field.

Wasn't keen on the new format prior to tonight and haven't seen anything to change my mind. Little drama or uncertainty throughout the meeting. I expect the title to be narrowed down to 3 or 4 after about 3 GP's as Trick, Crump and Mr Clean are likely to make most, if not all, finals.

best move of the night - Crump on Lindback

biggest shock of the night - Lindback didn't test the airfence

You wouldn't be saying that if Crump had done the same to you when you were riding.

I can picture it now........The Final of the 'Bognor Regis GP'.....Crump dives hard under the Honeymeister in his eagerness to lap him for the second time in the race, pushing him hard towards the safety fence and causing him to shut off what little throttle he had left..... :D;)

good meeting passing got better as meeting went on but tr best rider by far tonight! B)