British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lioness

Cardiff GP Accomodation

Some of us have already mentioned in various different places where we are staying but I thought it might be a better idea to have it all together.

If people want to say where they are to see if any others are there too if you post on here and I'll update to this post so they are all together-bit like Krissie's Birthday thread! I'll start (and try and bring together some of the ones already mentioned!

Acorn Lodge, Cathedral Road---------------Falcace and Daddy Falcace

Barry, venue unknown------------------------Steve Jones, Full Throttle, Pantherman

Big Sleep Cardiff Centre----------------------Jonah

Bridgend, venue unknown-------------------Sloop, Jotrez

Bristol, venue unknown----------------------Pammie

Cardiff Copthorne------------------------------Jez

David Lloyd Travel Inn, Cardiff-------------Lioness

DTC's house-------------------------------------DTC :P

Hilton, Cardiff-----------------------------------Pirate

Holiday Inn Cardiff-----------------------------DawnG

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay------------ML, Rabbit

Ibis Hotel-----------------------------------------Mini, Batesie

Innkeepers Lodge, Whitchurch--------------BTL & Cheryl(mini foghorn)

Jury's Hotel--------------------------------------Sjw

Newport-Beside the Station! ---------------Shalewhale

Travel Inn, Cardiff Bay------------------------Joanne, Michael & Rebecca

The Town House--------------------------------Gemini, Summit and Pawprint

Gemini, Summit and Pawprint will be staying again at The Town House hotel on Cathedral Road, Cardiff.

Fully booked up by Speedway fans but I don't know if any are forum members.

steve jones, full throttle and partner will be staying sat night in Barry.

but can be found proping up a bar from about 3pm.

Thanks to the Great God John Todd of Sheffield I + daughter Cheryl (11) managed to get his accommodation 'cos he couldn't go.

Innkeeper's Lodge Inn, Tyn-Y-Parc Road, Whitchurch, Cardiff

See ya all on Friday at Newport and at GP!

Guest Andy123

Erm, its ages since we booked but its either the Travelodge or Travel Inn in Cardiff, Lodge - I think. :?

I'll be staying in my house, no hotel bills, very comfy bed and only 30 mins from the stadium... ;)

Im also staying in my house and only about 20 miles from stadium :P

Robbo :D

If anyone is still looking for rooms in Cardiff I have just cancelled a twin and a double at the Big Sleep ( 5minute walk from stadium) for the Fri 13th and Sat 14th at £62 per room per night.

Phone No 02920636363

Could you please add my kids, Michael and Rebecca, to the list, Lioness. I am starting to feel all alone in the Travel Inn :-(

Wonder if anyone can help me here, my cousins g/f has booked hotels for all 19 of us some are in Cardiff West and some in Cardiff now I'm not really sure whether these are travel inns or lodges but are definately one of them! What I need to know is does the room have to be paid in full before we get there and use them or on leaving the hotel :?: She is insisting that we pay for them by this wednesday or we lose the room (has anyone else had to pay for their rooms yet? in any of the hotels being used) Christ I stayed @ the Hilton and never had to pay until I left just had to leave a credit number with them when I signed in :!: any info would be helpful here please xx thanks xx

Travel Inns ( who have a Cardiff West) have to be paid for when booking in. If the rooms are guaranteed with a credit card, which is the norm, and are not cancelled by 4.00pm they have to be paid for.

I do not know of any instances of Travel Inn asking for payment in advance.

Maybe you cousin is simply covering herself if all the rooms are guaranteed on her credit card.

Clan McShalewhale are are staying in Newport at the Hotel next to the station.

Cheers Starlady for the reply, had a massive argument with them all and have now decided we are gonna travel back home again after the meeting, well 5 of us anyway! Wouldn't care so much but everyone owes me for their tickets and I HAVE been charged. Ordered and paid for 19 tickets (1 Adult and 1 Child dropped out last week, but still had to be paid for!)

HELP!!!!

If anybody does have any cancellations, please let me know. I'm desparate for a twin room on Fri 13th and Sat 14th.

we are staying near Barry somewhere, anyone know what the parking situation is like near the stadium?