British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
25yearfan

Ridiculous Gp Gate Positions Balloting!

So the semi finals are worthless then apart from getting a final place. Didn't BSI state something along the lines of "every race will be worth something". Why not give points to the semi finals aswell but the 1st 2 qualifying for the final still eg heat 21

1st Tony 11 +3 for semi win =14

2nd Bjarne 13 +2 = 15

3rd Antonio 8 +1 =9 GP points

4th Kenneth 8+ 0 = 8 GP points

heat 22

1st Nicki 13+3 = 16

2nd Jason 10 + 2 =12

3rd Hans 8+1 =9 GP points

4th Leigh 13+0 = 13 GP points

So the final pickings would have been: Nicki, Bjarne, Tony, Jason. It would have rewarded Nicki for the extra race win.

Also the 2 semi-finalists that came 3rd would get an extra point.

Ok so a rider could have 6 wins and a last in the final but only get 16 instead of 18 but his 18 points would count.

Just a thought.....

Karl

Total farce.

The riders who win thier respective semi-finals should get 1st and 2nd pick of gates for the final. (1st pick allocated to the rider who scores more points in his 5 qualifer rides). Ditto for 3rd and 4th picks. If not then the rider winning the semi does not get any advantage over the 2nd place rider for winning. You MUST gain advantage for beating someone otherwise it's a farce. Outcome of this last night would have been Nicki 1st pick, Trick 2nd, Bjerne 3rd, Jason 4th.

Also the re-run situation wants addressing. Either race awarded or handicap start (say 3 metre stagger).

The outcome of this total farce was that Trick was robbed of finishing on 50 pts with Crumpy on 38 pts as opposed to 45pts-43pts. Big difference, no wonder Tony was well sick.

The problem with your idea 2ndbendbeerhut would arise if a rider scored 8 points and qualified for the semi-final, came second in the semi-final and won the final. He'd have 13 points, but a rider scoring a maximum in the 20 heats but an engine failure in the semi-final would have 15 points. Who would the winner of the GP be?

You MUST gain advantage for beating someone otherwise it's a farce.

Of cuorse not. Going by your idea of "fairness", we may as well have an 8 rider GP, top 2 in the semi's to the final and the top winner wins the GP, why bother with the 20 other heats? It's ONLY fair to let the qualifying heats counts towards picking gates, Bjarne was the best rider in the heats to he had first pick in the semi's and the final.

they can hardly change the rules to suit 'Tony R' can they? the ref already did his deputy a huge favour in a earlier heat by excluding the wrong rider...

anyone would think he 'run' the sport the way they bend over for him...

Keep up Andy!  :lol:  We've now sussed that it was done fairly. And it wasn't a case of Hans being hard done by, I just wondered why he had got last choice, (although I admit I probably wouldn't have noticed if it had been anybody else).  :rolleyes:

EDIT: Assuming its the Hans incident that you are referring to above?

No I wasn't commenting on the fairness with which any one rider was treated but whether this system is fairer than any other. Keep up, LW!

The problem with your idea 2ndbendbeerhut would arise if a rider scored 8 points and qualified for the semi-final, came second in the semi-final and won the final. He'd have 13 points, but a rider scoring a maximum in the 20 heats but an engine failure in the semi-final would have 15 points. Who would the winner of the GP be?

The points in the final would not change, 25, 20, 18, 16 unless i rider scores more in the qualifiers, eg ONLY if a rider gets 6 wins.

Karl

The fairest way to decide gate positions would be simply to draw lots.The second half gate positions in the late great Hyde Road era were drawn in a box with four different coloured balls in,reading from gates 1-4.There would be no moaning about who gets the choice of gate positions,which i find particularly annoying in the gp's.If any one rider can only win off one particular gate then he should not win it at all.

I think that you would find that the first rider you mention in this example would actually get 25 points for winning the meeting not the 13 points that you state.

The second rider would indeed finish on 15 points.

Personally I think that if a rider finishes with more points in the qualifiers then they deserve to pick first should they get to the final.

I don't know, people complained when gates were balloted for, and now they are complaining when the best riders in the qualifying heats (with qualifying being the important word here) get to choose their gates in the semi-final and final... :rolleyes:

And if Rickardsson is that annoyed about it then he could always pull out!!!

Edited by ezekiel

Trick would still have been beaten by the world champion no matter what gate he came off he was pants on saturday and the best man won!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: