British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kylmo

Gp Seating Question

I know this isn't the GP section but I was hoping that someone could give me a quick reply.

I have been situated on bends 3 and 4 on the MIDDLE tier at the Millennium Stadium every year to watch the GP.

This year we have been allocated tickets for the LOWER tier on bends 3 and 4.

Is there anyone who has been on the lower tier who can tell me an opinion as to what the view is like as you lose the sense of speed if you are too low to the ground level .Especially if you have been on both levels

Many thanks

Edited by Kylmo

I know this isn't the GP section but I was hoping that someone could give me a quick reply.

I have been situated on bends 3 and 4 on the MIDDLE tier at the Millennium Stadium every year to watch the GP.

This year we have been allocated tickets for the LOWER tier on bends 3 and 4.

Is there anyone who has been on the lower tier who can tell me an opinion as to what the view is like as you lose the sense of speed if you are too low to the ground level .Especially if you have been on both levels

Many thanks

I seem to remember from when I had lower tier seats a couple of years ago that the seats seemed a lot closer to gether and as they were not banked so much your view was far more likely to be blocked by some idiot waving his flag.

Maud

Don't want to worry you but a lot of fans don't seem too keen on the bottom tier, but I suppose some must like it or the place would be empty.

SCB wrote this in January.....

"Can I suggest not sitting on the bottom tier, you're under cover (from the 2nd tier) and IMO it takes away a lot of the atmosphere. It's the only place I have any complaints about inside the stadium."

I've always been situated on turn 3 middle tier but was contemplating moving down also.

It doesn't sound too great by the comments so far.

Anyone else have their 2 pence they may like to throw in, i'm really confussed as to where I should sit?

I sat on the bottom tier on my first two Cardiff visits and thought it was fine. Good views, great atmosphere etc. However for the last 2 years we sat higher up and it was even better! Definitely wouldn't move back now. So, I'd say its fine for your first visit, but if you've been before and sat in the middle, stay in the middle.

I sat on the lower tier for the first two years because the old man is a miserable git and refused to sit anywhere else.

Finally persuaded him to sit in the top tier, as I do for football matches, and he loved it!

The view from the lower tier is pretty good, but as SCB says the atmosphere isn't as good - both the noise and the fact you can't see the top 2 tiers of the stadium.

I sit on the lower level every year! this is mainly due to my fear of heights but I have no problem with view or atmosphere at all!

I guess I just love the British GP! :D

as the 3 times i been to cardiff, i have been in the lower tier, i cannot comment well, but the last 2 season we sat right at the front, and u get a good view, i still have some shale from 2004. i want to go up a tier but i find it good to sit lower

19 of us had seats on the lower tier 2 years ago by the pit entrance/exit that was about the best bit, view wasn't very good at all mainly due to the nice Ipswich fan that had a Scott Nicholls banner who insited on holding it up during all Scotts' races when he was eliminated it was changed to a TRick banner!

Best bit the Polish fans that we made friends with in the pub that afternoon who were sat on the lower tier a bit further along by the start we bumped into them a lot during the meeting because the view was better from the gangway behind the seats.

2nd Tier I've found to be the best view, yet really scary when you stand to cheer "Your" rider on, it's a long way down............especially when the seat folds up and you haven't realised :lol:

especially when the seat folds up and you haven't realised  :lol:

and you've had a few beers and........... :wink::lol:

read your email bird :wink:

The Hammond is starting to wind me up now-This is last years photo of the forum lot at Cardiff taken by a member that shall remain anonymous.Where is the B**ger? Never met him and he disappeared last year.....

EDIT--Sorry got this from the somerset forum,obviously Dave T was copying and pasting-its one of Norbolds!!!!!

Spot the members. :blink:

Especially those with wobbly antennas on their heads.

Three rows of forum members-shame we arent doing the same this year :cry:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/152246...152246724JPGVvy

Edited by Nevsy

I have sat in both middle and lower tier but much preferred the middle tier. You do lose some of the atmosphere lower down but where we were (just to the right of the pit entrance), the viewing was also slightly restricted and you did feel a bit conscious when waving a flag. So, back up to the middle tier this year.

Edited by Chezza

:lol: Nevsy Is that Victor Meldrew behind me? :P