British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuzieQ

Swc Event 2 - Sweden

Can someone (Zetters no doubt) please advise me how far it is from the Skavsta Airport in Stockholm to the Eskilstuna Stadium ?

I am flying out just for this round and then back to London the following morning before jetting off to Poland so any details would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can someone (Zetters no doubt) please advise me how far it is from the Skavsta Airport in Stockholm to the Eskilstuna Stadium ?

I am flying out just for this round and then back to London the following morning before jetting off to Poland so any details would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Tabby! Skavsta is in Nykoping, NOT Stockholm and is only an hour from Eskilstuna. Then You have to go outside of E-tuna for the Stadium and thats 10 minutes more of Your time.

I will be in E-tuna for the meeting and then go for Poland too, maybe We shall meet Up each other.

Argh! Trust Ryanair to fib about where their airport is!

Think I am going to need a lot more Kronor for that night then as a taxi from the airport and back again may be a little bit pricey! although I may get a bus or something to the stadium as I arrive at lunchtime!

Oh dear, I can see hassles with this trip already! :lol:

Argh!  Trust Ryanair to fib about where their airport is!

Think I am going to need a lot more Kronor for that night then as a taxi from the airport and back again may be a little bit pricey! although I may get a bus or something to the stadium as I arrive at lunchtime!

Oh dear, I can see hassles with this trip already!  :lol:

Catch the bus from the airport going via Sodertalje there You change to train to Eskilstuna. When You are at E-tuna maybe I can organized a car to pick You Up from the trainstation, taking You to the stadium.

Catch the bus from the airport going via Sodertalje there You change to train to Eskilstuna. When You are at E-tuna maybe I can organized a car to pick You Up from the trainstation, taking You to the stadium.

Thanks, you are very kind but I will make my own way to the track, I am a stubborn British Girl remember! That and I just love the thought of getting lost in another country and reading maps, finding my route etc! :lol:

Thanks, you are very kind but I will make my own way to the track, I am a stubborn British Girl remember!  That and I just love the thought of getting lost in another country and reading maps, finding my route etc!  :lol:

:D

Braver than me then Tabby, who was scared witless when I found myself lost in Copenhagen!! Not quite sure I enjoyed that experience.

I think we did this trip for the recent GP.. its a nice drive and lasts just over an hour B)

Braver than me then Tabby, who was scared witless when I found myself lost in Copenhagen!! Not quite sure I enjoyed that experience.

Hey! I spent a week in Denmark a couple of years ago for the SWC and that was fine, the first few days I was alone and then Trees and her mate Di came out and stayed with me!

It was an adventure and no doubt will be in Sweden too! still if things get too bad I know enough people that will be out there to help me! :D

If it's the same as the GP last week (presume it will be) there was a bus service from the centre of Eskilstuna (near train station) to the stadium every half hour from 16:00 and back 15 minutes afterwards. Think it was 17kroner each way.

If it's the same as the GP last week (presume it will be) there was a bus service from the centre of Eskilstuna (near train station) to the stadium every half hour from 16:00 and back 15 minutes afterwards. Think it was 17kroner each way.

Right Rob, the same stadium.

Dont sure about the bus times yet, nothing has been decleared about this World Team Cup Qualifier in Eskilstuna. Just that it starts 19,00, and it should be a cracker!!

/ Mikael

Well I shall no doubt train/bus it to the stadium in the afternoon and then taxi back to the airport afterwards!

Thanks to all that have given some advice here!