British Speedway Forum

With the new Wembley stadium almost built, does anyone know if the GP is going to be moved from Cardiff next year :unsure:

Royal Prince (A2)

Edited by Royal Prince

Guest Steve Dixon

Your'e having a laugh, Football think about accomodating speedway! :unsure:

Guest Christophers Dad
With the new Wembley stadium almost built, does anyone know if the GP is going to be moved from Cardiff next year  :unsure:

Royal Prince (A2)

Yes please i would welcome the move to London :approve:

with all the cash that the FA has ploughed into the new stadium I can't see it being likely that they'd be willing to go through the hassle of having the corners of the pitch lifted etc. I also suspect that if they were going to stray away from football they could get a higher fee from a big rock concert.

Stuff moving to Wembley, it wont happen.

Cardiff has everything. Pubs, Chippies, Amusement Arcades, Burger Kings/McDonalds/KFC's etc, and much more. Cardiff is right in the middle of things, Wembley is in the middle of nowhere. Getting off a train at Wembley requires a long walk to the stadium, whereas at Cardiff its barely five minutes.

Keep it at Cardiff.

Too right! If they moved it to London I'd stay at home and watch it on TV. The one reason for going to the GP is because of the location and facilities in Cardiff.

Still can't see why they rebuilt Wembley anyway. A national stadium would have been far better built say near the NEC in Birmingham rather than some crummy part of North London. ;)

Wembley will have a car park though. :wink:

I'm doing a park and ride from my house this year. All cars welcome to park at my house, and get in one of my 5 limousines down the M4 to Cardiff. Middlo is sitting in the front though. He will be there sipping his Tetleys Tea on the way, don't spill it over the floor now Middlo.

BSI and Cardif signed a long term contract recently, maybe 3 or 5 years. Someone will remember.

Sod London.

With all the football moving to the new Wembley, Cardiff will crying out for events like the Speedway GP ;)

It was one of the English football team managers who complained about taking up some of the turf at the side of the pitch. He said it ruined the playing surface and so speedway was finished at the stadium. I say stay at Cardiff, it is after all the British GP.

I much prefer Cardiff to London if it was moved back to London i wouldnt consider going and i dont think a lot would either, keep it at Cardiff

I know Cardiff is a long way for a lot of people to travel but it's a great weekend away. I wouldn't mind keeping it there. :approve: Wembley is roughly 70-80 miles from home that means I can travel back same day ......... No thanks!!! :lol:

London is a long way for a lot of people too :unsure::blink:

Cardiff is much better as it's in the centre of Cardiff so have the pubs etc within walking distance, as well as the train station, theres also plenty of parking around.

Even the football fans don't want to go back to Wembley.

My vote is to keep it in Cardiff too. Same reason as Shazzy, Wembley would be a short tube journey for me and back again the same night. :sad: I enjoy my weekends in Cardiff. Accomodation in Wembley doesn't bear thinking about for long distance travellers. :angry: