British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

The Ref Is A Clown.

All refs make bad decisions, but he wasn't even consistent.

Thats a bit unfair. He was consistent.....consistently wrong.

Having never rode on a Speedway meeting I might be wrong, but surely even the slightest of touches from a rider at the high speeds they're going at can easily knock you off your bike?

I was almost right above the pits. How about you?

3rd bend. where there was hardly any movement from the people around us. No cheering, nothing! Only the Ipswitch supporters infront of me bothered to cheer. There was hardly any flags aswell! I had my American one and United Kingdom one. We had a guy keep getting up for a beer half way through the races!!! :mad: :mad:

:lol:

I was almost right above the pits. How about you?

Anyone see me out on track then? Everytime there was a crash, the riders who stayed on before the re-runs had to have some more fuel....and that was my job :)

Dressed all in bspa black... and doing a fine job if i say so myself :lol:

We had a guy keep getting up for a beer half way through the races!!!

Tight git didn't get me one. :angry:

3rd bend. where there was hardly any movement from the people around us. No cheering, nothing! Only the Ipswitch supporters infront of me bothered to cheer. There was hardly any flags aswell! I had my American one and United Kingdom one. We had a guy keep getting up for a beer half way through the races!!! :mad: :mad:

We were on the third bend and were making plenty of noise. Which level were you in, did you see the guy with the 5 air horn contraption? Pure class! :D

Nobody is dressing anything up at all, Floppy hit Rickardsson who went down, Floppy was rightly excluded, get over it.

Garbage in my view. Rickardsson knew he was going to get nothing a took a chance which paid off. Had the two riders positions been changed the decision would have been different.

My criticism of the referee was that he was inconsistent. He didn't look at the video of the Rickardsson one but didi on the others. Crump was unfortunate in the first exclusion which should have been all 4 back yet when Bjarne Pedersen gets out of shape on his own he let him back in !!

Greg surely had the racing line on Jason and Jason chose not to shut off, can't exclude the guy who is clearly in front.

Let s get away from this the referee has cost Crump the title, its crap. Crump caused his own problems by getting himself into impossible situations, it wasn't the referee who missed the start and made the mistakes he did. The referee was responsible for one mistake of the 3 and in this format he should be able to cope with one nil pointer to his name.

Crump was not unfortunate to be excluded in the race with Hancock, Greg just held his line and Crumpy did not shut the throttle off and just ran out of room!!

His third exclusion was desperation and could have caused serious trouble and injury for the other riders!! Was a terrible move!!

Crump was not unfortunate to be excluded in the race with Hancock, Greg just held his line and Crumpy did not shut the throttle off and just ran out of room!!

You could say the exact same thing about Hancock in Prague last year. But very few people did.

yet when Bjarne Pedersen gets out of shape on his own he let him back in !!

Chris were you watching the same GP as everyone else? Bjarne got sandwiched between Nicki P and Lee R and had absolutley no where to go. If ever there was a crash that the first bend bunching rule was invented for this was it!

Agree with you about the Hancock/Crump incident though, Greg was being pushed wide and Crump either had to shut off or fall off, he chose the wrong one and the ref agreed!

Chris were you watching the same GP  as everyone else? Bjarne got sandwiched between Nicki P and Lee R and had absolutley no where to go. If ever there was a crash that the first bend bunching rule was invented for this was it!

Agree with you about the Hancock/Crump incident though, Greg was being pushed wide and Crump either had to shut off or fall off, he chose the wrong one and the ref agreed!

I guess I was watching the same one. Its all about opinions though, and as has been said many times none of them are wrong

who was the ref stevie wonder

the guy was s??t

norris lined rickardsen up and made his move fantastic never touched him t r layed it down to get the race stopped and therefore get another bite at the cherry

the guy cheated a great thing to do from a so called legend

andersen lays the bike down when crump is just holding his line crump is excluded

crump lays it down when hancock is holding his line crump is excluded

2 incidents both the same crump goes out in them both the guy has ever right to be p?????d off i personally would have put the bikes on the van and told the ref to shove it up his ???

the 2 points nicki p lost because of tony [lay the bike down]rickardsens actions

cost him a semi final place and if he d have been coming off gates 1 or 2

it could have been a totally different ball game