British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
father jack

Not A Good Few Days For The Aussies...

None of the Aussies went well on Saturday night, and to make things worse for this fine sporting nation the humiliating defeat ( 79 all out ) in the Cricket last night, a few days they'll want to forget.

Wednesday is looking as though it could be back to the normal routine for the Aussies though; battering us Brits in sport.

I don't think we have much of a chance at Poole to be honest. I hope I'm proved wrong but I can't see it happening.

I enjoyed last nights twenty over slog match,sadly these type of games have very little in common with the test matches that are oh so important.

Even so it makes a welcome change to be looking forward to a Ashes series with which we should at least give them a game!!

Regarding the speedway,I fully expect them to at least have two in the top four come the end of the season.

With regard to Wednesdays match and the Ashes , I fully expect normal service to be resumed, (ie Bits Loose ) but it was nice while it lasted.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

You forgot Ricky Hatton last week !!

Actually most Aussies are hoping the test matches are close things to keep the excitement levels up and if we get beaten by a better side well that's the way it goes sometimes. England are the second ranked team at the moment and it would make it worthwhile sitting up half the night over here to watch a great contest between two good sides. I hate huge one sided matches who ever ends up winning (eg England vs Bangladesh).

I still think the 20 - 20 is a bit of a hit and a giggle so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it but if some people want to gloat then enjoy it while it lasts !!

As for the upcoming speedway test Aussies are good at 1, 2 and 3 but not sure who they will track in the other 4 slots (assuming its 7 a side format) and GB might catch up in the bottom four what the top three might lose. Should be an interesting tussle.

I know they won at Speedway, but its not getting any better, defeats to a County side, BANGLADESH, and England yesterday, all I can say is thank godf forthe Speedway result.

Sure the Aussies are flattering to deceive. No doubt that they'd love to win every match, but another mickey mouse three-team tournament ain't going to be the top of their priorities. When it comes to test match cricket, they'll be a different prospect and England will start to show the cracks. The Ashes matters most to Aussies.

Edited by AndyM

What a shame we don't have something similar to the cricket Ashes in speedway.

What the gick has this got to do with speedway.Cricket is about as interesting as watching 6 F1 cars doing 70 laps :blink: Stick it in general discussions