British Speedway Forum

Bit late but I've been busy. What did everyone else think of the overall presentation this year?

U 15s - excellent idea, be better if they had had a "final" as well but something is better than nothing.

Parade - as on Hummer thread, naff, boring and didn't work

Presentation of riders - awful. Julia Bradbury looked totally out of place to me and I'm not sure that she added anything to it (apart from the obvious for the fellas)

Progs - overpriced, loads of mistakes and omissions.

Bjorn Again - Disappointed in them, sound levels seemed unbalanced and they really didn't get the crowd involved.

Presenter - he was good but didn't have much zing IMO. Maybe BSI place restrictions on him as I've seen him get far more involved.

Music - not exactly crowd involving IMO apart from the 14 renditions of Amarillo of course :P

Interval entertainment - where was it?

Fireworks - excellent but not as good as last year

Big Screen - not restricted to Cardiff I know but I found the results graphics very hard to read on the big screen. As I don't fill a prog in, the big screen was the only way of knowing the riders accumulative scores and I couldn't read them :sad:

Edited by Star Lady

Did you enjoy any part of it Star Lady? :wink::D

To be honest, I didn't even know it was Julia Bradbury doing the presentation of the riders. But have to agree thought that bit was a bit naff too.

My Programme was free!!

Most things do seem to improve year on year. Hopefully they'll perfect it soon and then everyone will be happy! :D

My Programme was free!!

Mine too but it did have a nominal price of £7!

I did enjoy myself but I'm assuming someone from BSI reads this forum as several suggestions in the past have been taken up :wink: so I just thought maybe we could help them improve :rolleyes: . Call it a customer satisfaction survey :P

Did you enjoy any part of it Star Lady? :wink:

:lol: I wondered exactly the same :wink:

Julia Bradberry hmmmmm the fellas might have appreciated Suzi Perry more failing that they should of put Sophie on the centre green (So the riders could concentrate more without her in the pits thrusting her chest in their faces first chance she gets (I'm not bitter :lol: ) :wink: ) and Julie Bradbury in the pits.

I loved everything about Cardiff as I always do, bit disappointed in the hummer hardly a parade watching a blacked out battle bus driving around the track was it?

Had excellent company for the weekend and thanks to Sue & Cheryl. xx

My Programme was free!!

Nothing is ever free - it was simply calculated into the cost of your ticket wasnt it! :D

Sorry its the synic (sp) in me :unsure:

Bit late but I've been busy. What did everyone else think of the overall presentation this year?

U 15s - excellent idea, be better if they had had a "final" as well but something is better than nothing.

Parade - as on Hummer thread, naff, boring and didn't work

Presentation of riders - awful. Julia Bradbury looked totally out of place to me and I'm not sure that she added anything to it (apart from the obvious for the fellas)

Progs - overpriced, loads of mistakes and omissions.

Bjorn Again - Disappointed in them, sound levels seemed unbalanced and they really didn't get the crowd involved.

Presenter - he was good but didn't have much zing IMO. Maybe BSI place restrictions on him as I've seen him get far more involved.

Music - not exactly crowd involving IMO apart from the 14 renditions of Amarillo of course :P

Interval entertainment - where was it?

Fireworks - excellent but not as good as last year

Big Screen - not restricted to Cardiff I know but I found the results graphics very hard to read on the big screen. As I don't fill a prog in, the big screen was the only way of knowing the riders accumulative scores and I couldn't read them :sad:

This was my first visit to Cardiff and I was not disapointed I thought it was brilliant.

That said I have to agree with Star Lady, I was expecting more than two heats from the under 15s, it would have been good to see a competition with a final. It's not that there wasn't the time for it either and it would have been good experience for the riders.

I thought that under the circumstances Bjorn Again, Julia and the presenter did well with a sound system that didn't help them. I thought that Bjorn Again put a lot of effort and energy into their routine. What have the previous singers been like there? the person next to me said, as much as Tony Hadley tried last year he was on a hiding to nothing realy.

As for the racing, well as this is a thread about the presentation of the event I wont say who I thought was in the right or wrong about the incidents, but just to say I went to watch racing between four riders not three and was looking forward to seeing the battles between Crumpie, Trick and Niki, sorry ref but just lets say it was not one of your better nights work.

Seems to me whatever goes on at ANY meeting, now matter how good it all is, someone somewhere will find something to moan about.

No wonder the Aussies call the Brits whingers! Mind you THEY can talk! :wink::rolleyes:

Oh Bryn, it's a woman's perogative to give constructive critisism, if we didn't nothing would ever improve!!!!!!!!!! Starlady spent her hard earnt dosh on watching the meeting so is entitled!

Oh Bryn, it's a woman's perogative to give constructive critisism, if we didn't nothing would ever improve!!!!!!!!!!  Starlady spent her hard earnt dosh on watching the meeting so is entitled!

and believe me Trees it's been very hard earnt today :sad: I'm pleased you can see that I was in fact trying to be constructive and I defy anyone to be too rational at time of day I posted :wink:

I wasn't actually complaining, simply passing comment in the hope that it might be improved next year. I'm assuming those that say I was complaining think everything was perfect :rolleyes:

Maybe I should join the fashion and quit the forum cos everyone is taking my comments the wrong way :P but then you and Bryn both know that's not my way. I shall stay and be the proverbial PITA :D

I thought the sound of bjorn again was awful at times and for a group of their standard should have better sound men.

I had No idea it was julia bradbury on the centre green either, also i couldnt read the screens very well, however it was a great meeting even with a poor firework display at the end.

The kids at the start was nice to see, maybe a few more races next year.

Getting out of cardiff was a nightmare as it was getting into again.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think we have to remember that the GP itself is the main part of the entertainment ; all the rest are just "add ons".

Having said that ...

I would have liked to have seen another heat or two from the u-15s.

I thought Bjorn Again were OK but agree the sound was poor. Don't think they would have had any control over that though.

The music in the 15 minutes or so before the parade, and during the meeting, did get the crowd going.

The parade and rider introductions could have been better.

The presentations to the top three were ...... well, not much different to anywhere else.

The fireworks were OK.

All in all, it was a pretty good show .... and the atmosphere was as good as ever throughout :)

I think Bjorn Again would have at least one sound man or even 2 of them, Not sure if they could of even been miming and the sound system was playing up on their backing cd ? it was poor after the previous pre GP race entertainment of tony hadley and suzi quatro

I thought Bjorn Again were OK but agree the sound was poor.  Don't think they would have had any control over that though.

throughout  :)

Oh Bryn, it's a woman's perogative to give constructive critisism, if we didn't nothing would ever improve!!!!!!!!!!  Starlady spent her hard earnt dosh on watching the meeting so is entitled!

Mother T... I wasn't specifically having a go at SL (I'm not that brave and don't fancy a clip round the earole!) but making the general point that even if we had witnessed a meeting where there had been passing on every lap in every race: A group like U2 providing the pre-meeting entertainment, and Elton John the interval set; everyone got free admission and programme AND free beer - SOMEONE would have a moan on a forum somewhere such as this! :wink: *

(* probably a teetotaller!)

:rolleyes::D