British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Danish Grand Prix - Copenhagen

The most boring ever. I really think the system for this year has ruined it. You can have one, possibly two, bad rides and still make the semis. It is too comfy for the riders, unlike the elimination heats from previous years. I find that I'm falling to sleep more and more when speedway's on tele.

:blink:

I tell you what homestraight, the swarm of Jonsson-worshipping Bees have been bad enough. I don't need Czechs bouncing on my head.

Well, TR's definitely going to be champ. And I'd say that increases the chances of an Elite League return in 2006. I can see the guy wanting to parade around the Elite League as champ again.

I'm sure there will be a promotion out there willing to pay big bucks to have the World Champion in their side :P

Totally disagree. This year it's absolutely fantastic. The racing has been brilliant, Lindback is breaking through big style, the old guard are fading, and best of all TRick is going to equal Maugers record and next year beat it.

Crump is now a lame duck champion and was never at the races. TRick would have won every single GP if it wasn't for Pedersens move on Bjarne.

Great stuff tonight and Poole fans are happy as Larry. :lol:  :D

Agreed.

What a terrible gate to pick Crumpy, it should of been red definatly!!! Like Chris Louis said, he probably thought because he'd won twice of it he could do it again, but the track was different then.

Well they might as well give Rickardsson the trophy now and start a new mini championship for the second half of the series.

Definatly don't like the new system, it's quite boring upto heat 17 when it gets interesting to see who is going to make the top 8 and then the semi's and final.

The old system kept you on the edge of your seat a lot more and the same riders would still be dominating.

Yes, and we haven't heard too much about the Brits he claims to be supporting!

I was certainly here cheering them on, both lets be honest both are not good enough to really compete and make silly mistakes with over riding. Sad that Lee went out when he had every chance of making the semi though.

Not a Sullivan fan ( only when he rides for Poole), but I am a Lindback fan and also Bjarne to a lesser extent ( who had a nightmare). I was hoping for a one two in the final but a one three is good enough! :approve:

Lets face it. Its just great being a Poole fan at the moment. Young Lindback, showing riders of more experience just how to do it. And long may it continue!

And Crump, sinking faster than Belle Vue's season. Off for a drink to celebrate. B)

UP THE PIRATES!

The only real difference between last year and this year, is that you get hammered for not making the finals. You fight to make the semis, but if you go out in the semis, you get nothing.

That HAS to be addressed.

Edited by Subedei

Well they might as well give Rickardsson the trophy now and start a new mini championship for the second half of the series.

What's the point? Tony would win that as well! :approve:

I think riders should get points for the semi. 3-2-1-0, which add to their scores, and give them something for making the semi if they bow out there.

Rob, it's basically the same format that served us so well for many years, with semis and a final tacked on. Personally I'd lose the extra races and award the GP to the top points scorer, but that seems to be heretical these days. For the record, I hated the old GP format too. Much fairer and more interesting to let every rider have their 5-ride allocation.

Totally disagree. This year it's absolutely fantastic. The racing has been brilliant, Lindback is breaking through big style, the old guard are fading, and best of all TRick is going to equal Maugers record and next year beat it.

Crump is now a lame duck champion and was never at the races. TRick would have won every single GP if it wasn't for Pedersens move on Bjarne.

Great stuff tonight and Poole fans are happy as Larry. :lol:  :D

Steve, please don't think my post is sour grapes. I honestly think TRick is the best rider by far, but I'm a massivespeedway fan & even though tonight produced some fantastic racing I've now totally lost interest in this years world championship because it's all done & dusted at the halfway stage. I love speedway & I've been looking forward to tonights meeting all day, but I've lost interest now & really can't be bothered if I watch the rest of the GP's or not. :neutral:

And Crump, sinking faster than Belle Vue's season.

Deary me, I was about to quote you and agree with a previous post for the first time in a year (ish) of reading and (a lesser time) of posting on this forum, but then you couldn't resist a dig at the Aces could you . I feel sorry for you, really I do.

But it'll pass :D

Edited by cappy

Well done tony another superb display. :D

Does Lindback save his best bikes for the gps, certainly looks like it. :P

Well, no one pays much attention, but here are my thoughts about tonight's GPers and their performances:

L Adams: Pretty dreadful really. Looks like the new – allegedly heading for the exit – super-tuner hasn’t worked the magic expected.

H Andersen: Made the semis, but will be disappointed with the manner of his exit.

T Chrzanowski: Hasn’t disgraced himself in the GPs this season, but was pretty woeful tonight.

J Crump: Has looked off the pace all season. Was very hard on young Hampel and made a huge error in picking gate 3 in the semi. He’s out of the running for the title now and needs to make changes.

T Gollob: Dire.

J Hampel: He rode well enough and deserved his place in the semis.

G Hancock: A welcome return to GP form for Hancock. Apart from a 1st race duck, he was superb all night. Might have been excluded when he clashed with Nicki P, but wasn’t.

N K Iversen: Was always in the middle of the action. Might have made the semis, but didn’t. His time will come. Was certainly entertaining, if a little erratic.

A Jonsson: Made the semis.

A Lindback: Another super GP display from the young fellow. And no real start line calamities, in spite of malfunctioning tapes. Finished 3rd and deserved it.

S Nicholls: A little unlucky, but pretty hopeless.

B Pedersen: Disappointing in Wroclaw, good in Eskilstuna, disappointing in Krsko, good in Cardiff and now disappointing in Copenhagen. Being Danish he’ll be disappointed, but he didn’t ride at all well tonight. Should console himself with the prospect of his run continuing with a good showing in the “Golden City”.

N Pedersen: Will be hugely disappointed with a last in the final.

L Richardson: Probably his best GP showing of the season, but it just isn’t good enough. I can’t see him being around next year.

T Rickardsson: Fantastic, awesome, amazing, brilliant and lots of other words I can’t think of.

R Sullivan: Pretty hopeless, really.

The track was a bit of a lottery and the racing pretty dreary and the starting gate fiasco plain embarrassing.

Edited by Subedei