British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

World Under 21 Final

And here's some photographs that show just how atrocious conditions were:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/index.php?dysc...5&news_id=82438

Well after seeing that, nobody in their right mind would have carried on riding in that weather. Seems to me that BOTH riders could have forced the issue by BOTH refusing a run off and making a restage happen.

As the pictures show, Shocking that this meeting has ever gone ahead, the FIM really need to look at themselves and see what they are doing to our sport. Luckily no riders have been injured cause those conditions are a joke.

Well done KK, but to win it on a coin toss, shocking and not a proper way to win it. In the dry KK was favourite so i am not moaning Just feel for all the other youngsters wh may not get another shot at the title.

All this stuff over club, country, individual. KK like every other rider out there was racing today for themselves. it has nothing to do with Clubs. poole fans you be happy and welcome him back with open arms and give him a cheer but there will be no trophy for you or mention of Poole speedway in the record books. At that is the same for every rider in the competition.

Seems to me that BOTH riders could have forced the issue by BOTH refusing a run off and making a restage happen.

They'd both have had to refuse the coin toss to force the issue.

Hi people!! I was in Wr. Neustadt and it was really sad situation... :( Rider couldn't ride like they can, it was batle for survival! Track was TERRIBLE! A lot of water, enormous rocks (Edward Kennett was very angry - he sad that he doesn't mind riding on the rain but these rocks are killing him!)

I spoke to K. Kasprzak before the meeting - he was in a good mood and he told me: "I will win today!" I was really happy when he actually WON and became WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPION! :D

Suchanek was very fast on the track and too bad that he didn't want to go to re-run - he just let the title out of his hands :o

Organisation was pretty bad...in the 1st heat green light didn't work, something was wrong with starting gate, connection between referee and riders didn't work - there wasn't any telephone so riders couldn't stop the meeting. Lindback went alone to the referee (Tony Steele) but it didn't help..

Wallner was such a disapointment...He retired in his first heat, then 2 min in second, then he fell...real SHAME for home-rider! :shock:

Anyway: congratulations to KASPRZAK - he was my favorite at the begin! :D

From reading the thread and then looking at the pictures, it is obvious that the FIM have cocked-up one of the most prestigious meetings in the speedway calendar.

It will obviously be disappointing for the likes of Suchanek, Lindgren, Lindback etc etc, but the one person i feel sorry for is Kasprzak. Obviously he wouldnt have wanted to win it that way, and no doubt when he looks back on it, he will know that the championship he won will be clouded in doubt.

Feel sorry for all the fans that have travelled to Austria for the meeting, and although it wont happen the right result would be for the meeting to be re-run completely.

Shocking conditions by the look of those photos. Suprise Tony Steele pushed it through, though his hands must have been tied by all those FIM officials present?

The FIM rule say you only have to complete 50% of heat for the result to stand, they could NOT re-run it. Rule 070.11.4 of the Track Racing Appendices

070.11.3 Ties

Individual Speedway and Ice Racing

When establishing the order between the riders in the list of INTERMEDIATE

results, ties will be solved as follows:

a) Precedence will be given to the riders (tied on points) having the most

number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (5th or 6th where applicable) placings (an “0” for

last placing being better than M-R-F-T-d-N).

B) If the tie still persists and involves only 2 riders, precedence will be given to

the best placed rider in the heat where the 2 riders met.

c) If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be checked

wether there is a possibility to determine a proper precedence (i.e. 3 riders

tied on points: A, B, C:

rider A has beaten rider B

rider A has beaten rider C

rider B has beaten rider C

Then the precedence will be: best position for rider A, then rider B and then

rider C.

d) If solutions a), B) and c) cannot be used, the order shall be determined by

ballot.

Seems the rules were adhered to.

Well Done KK.

Edited by SCB

Madness, just madness... Single a coin, haha so sick.

Mr Steele was maybe tied?! but he must act as a professional and not do as the FIM officials says or thinks.

This is a black day for speedway!

feel sorry for riders who worked hard and spent lot of money to get there and also the club.the referee should NOT have run this meeting doent matter what his name is by looking at pics and report this is not how a WORLD champ. should be run remember these guys have only a couple chances at this title.the referee should feel ashamed....

feel sorry for riders who worked hard  and spent lot of money to get there and also the club.the referee should NOT have run this meeting doent matter what his name is by looking at pics and report this is not how a WORLD champ. should be run remember these guys have only a couple chances at this title.the referee should feel ashamed....

The referee should feel ashamed for adhering to the rule book should he? Can you confirm that I understand you correctly there, bearing in mind that it is clear from the excerpt posted above by SCB more than an hour prior to your post that that is indeed what happened.

Let this be a lesson to all the riders there on Saturday.

Judging by the photos,this meeting should not have even started.After they had all taken a ride each,why didnt they stick together,and force a meeting with the referee?Fair play to Lindback for expressing his views (as has been mentioned elswhere on this thread).Why were the others not there supporting him?

The riders are the ones who have to put their necks on the line,not the FIM or referee.Utter lunacy in my book to continue.I dont care what pressure you are put under,YOUR LIFE has to be your number one concern.

If they had ALL stuck together,this meeting would not have reached the point of no return.(See SCB reply).The whole meeting being rerun,although inconvenient to most people and riders,was the only sensible solution.

It does appear that the referee followed the rule book to determine the the Rostrum placings etc.

However,he didnt appear to follow the most important rule of all....COMMON SENSE.

A good post BobC and thanks to SCB for posting the rule book.

In the past we have seen riders grouping together to force the issue on dangerous conditions (Swedish GP).

Perhaps being young they didn't have the nerve, or ability to get themselves organised in a way to bring proceedings to a halt. certainly looking at the pictures the meeting should never have gone ahead.

Lindback went and spoke to the ref, buut his words fell on deaf ears. Perhaps is he had been backed up for 10 other riders, he would have had more luck. I should imagine Antonio is absolutely gutted this morning at missing out. Same goes for Hlib and Lindgren, who were also in the mix.

but it's not like KK wasn't winning the meeting. A shame he wasn't clear at the top as well, because then there would be less of an argument on here about the validity of winning. If balloting was used, its the worst way to win it, even if you were best on the day.

Commiserations to Suchanek, who showed yesterday he has more skill and ability than Poole fans saw this year.

Well done to all the British riders, good experience for the future, and next years competition.

Nice to see so many of you have been talking about them, opposed to the foreigners in your team. :)

The referee should feel ashamed for adhering to the rule book should he? Can you confirm that I understand you correctly there, bearing in mind that it is clear from the excerpt posted above by SCB more than an hour prior to your post that that is indeed what happened.

Maybe you misread the post.I took it to mean the meeting should not have started(SCB's post had nothing to do with the start only the finish).Which seems to be confirmed by the photo's and people that were there.

Fair play to Lindback for expressing his views (as has been mentioned elswhere on this thread).Why were the others not there supporting him?

Well, we don't know the full story of this. Perhaps the riders elected Lindback, as the most high-profile (GP star), to act as their spokesperson. Lindback may have carried the news that none of the riders were satisfied with conditions.