British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

World Under 21 Final

Oh stop being so petty. So we'll hbe hearing nothing from the Bees fans from here on about them making the playoffs then eh? Otherwise I can guarantee that the Pirates fans will be queueing up to accuse you of "clinging onto everything"  :rolleyes:

*waits for Mr Bee to come back and pretend that was a wind-up attempt.....*

Always a shame when a meeting is disrupted due to weather but sadly it happens. Well done to KK for making the best of the situation.

What are you on about Robyn? Why are you bringing Coventry into this. I'm not blaming KK. He can't help the rain can he. If that is the way the powers that be decide on the winner then so be it.

But it isn't a win for Poole. He has done it for Poland and himself. Once again, Well done KK. U-21 Champ for Poland.

Edited by Lioness

From what I gather, from "wolf cry", Suchanek was the first to start celebrating. Maybe he won the coin toss, Kasprzak complained, so they decided on a run-off, which Suchanek refused to take part in (and who would when the track has been declared unfit for further racing) and so Kasprzak is declared the winner. But there is no winner and only one loser - the sport.

Steve,

I see it hasn't taken you long to revert to your bad old ways.

Have you not realised that there are a lot of neutrals on this thread, who don't really care who won or which club they ride for (although naturally I'd how loved to seen a British winner).

In fact, I would have been perfecly happy with either Kasprzak or Lindback as an eventual champion over a full meeting, as they both would have been worthy winners.

But come on, a World Final really SHOULD NOT be decided like this. On the toss of a coin? How can you take that seriously. A re-run was the only sensible solution.

I agree with Subedei... and that doesn't happen too often!!! :D: D

The 2005 World Under-21 Championship is null and void.

All the best

Rob

I think it was 1990, in Lonigo (?), the weather was too wet to run the meeting at the first attempt, so they went back the next day......it was still too wet so they had to put it back yet again!

Seems that perhaps it was an unwise decision to even start the meeting in the first place really. Those of you having a pop at KK though - if you'd been in his shoes, and you'd just been informed that this was how the meeting was to be decided - what would you have done? Held your hands up and said "no, it's the wrong way to decide the winner and I want no part in it!"? No - thought not! Give the guy a break - he won the meeting by whatever means (yes, not the ideal way of doing it I agree) and will probably already spend the rest of his life feeling in his own heart that he's not a "real" winner. Poor bugger.

I'm not having a pop at KK, Robyn - he may well have won in dry conditions too, and good luck to him for that. But this is no way to run a meeting with a world title at stake and not a way to establish the winner - anything could have happened! In fact, if I were Kasprzak I'd be less than happy too - the circumstances will always detract from his right to have been awarded the title. Quite sure he'd have preferred to win the title fair and square on the track by beating his rivals with all races completed.

Robyn,

I don't think anyone's had a go at Kasprzak... I actually feel some sympathy for the guy, as he fully capable of winning the full meeting, but now this will always feel like a hollow victory to him.

All the best

Rob

Original comment now edited by mods  Why are you bringing Coventry into this.  I'm not blaming KK.  He can't help the rain can he.  If that is the way the powers that be decide on the winner then so be it. 

But it isn't a win for Poole.  He has done it for Poland and himself.  Once again, Well done KK. U-21 Champ for Poland.

You see that little button to the bottom left of your posts.......well when you resort to personal insults like this (and please have the guts to be honest about it and not put it down to a typo - the fact that you edited it immediately prior to me quoting it to remove the 2nd "d" you initially had in there makes it clear that it was intended) you may find it gets used.

Your comment regarding Poole was designed to try to provoke trouble from the Pirates fans. Had a Witch, Wolf or Bee won it of course we would have considered it an accolade for the club as well. KK has come on no end riding in the Pirates racejacket and they are quite right to be proud of him. I know at Ipswich we have been rightly proud of former Under 21 champions Chris Louis, Robert Miskowiak, and pepe Protasiewicz.

**edited for comment in bold above**

Edited by Robyn1972

LOL - I said "those of you having a pop" - I didn't name names......

.....guilty conscience anyone?!!! :lol::D

(just kidding by the way - I appreciate that many people aren't having a go at him, but there are others who will, both now and on into the future. I feel sorry for him - he deserved an attempt to win it fair and square as did the rest of the field)

Welcome To Speedway, how do you explain to someone that the Junior World Champion in our sport has won by a toss of coin.

Looks like my Uncle's schoolfriend has made a dreadful decision but for some reason I have a feeling the F.I.M may have had a hand in there being no restaging.

Rob, there was no toss of a coin. You are believing the rumour mongering of sore losers... but then again.. :D

Steve, a report from the track says that the top two were offered a race-off, Suchanek refused, and instead a coin was tossed to decide the winner between him and KK as they were on the same points.

Taken from the excellent poole Postbag updates:

Date Posted: Saturday September 17, 2005 12:05:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line-up is as follows:

Daniel King GB 0 3 rtd

Krsytian Klecha PL 3 0 fell

EDWARD KENNETT GB 2 1 1

Fredrik Lindgren SE 1 3 3

Tommy Stange DE 1 1 1

KRZYSZTOF KASPRZAK PL 3 3 2

Fritz Wallner AT rtd ex fell

James Wright GB 2 1 2

Jonas Davidsson SE 3 fell rtd

Christian Heffenbrock DE 1 1 1

Marcin Rempala PL 2 3 1

Adrian Miedzinski PL 0 fell 2

Martin Smolinksi DE rtd 2 exc

ANTONIO LINDBACK SE 1 2 3

Tomas Suchanek CZ 3 2 3

Pawel Hlib PL 2 2 3

Mathias Schultz DE 0

Morten Risager DK 2

Format first 20 races as Grand Prix; then top 4 scorers go straight to Final. Hope this helps,( I will try and put the scores above but no promises!!) Its raining at the Stadium but the parade is going ahead at the moment (2.50p.m.)

Heat 1 1.Klecha. 2 KENNETT 3 Lindgren 4 King

Heat 2 1.KASPRZAK 2 Wright 3 Stange 4 Wallner rtd

Heat 3 1 Davidsson 2 Rempala 3 Heffenbrock 4 Miedinski#

Heat 4 1. Suchanek 2 Hlib 3 LINDBACK 4 Smolinski rtd

Heat 5 1 King 2 Smolinski 3 Stange 4 Davidsson (fell) Conditions treacherous, Davidsson fell, just yards from finish. LINDBACK protested during the interval after heat 4

Heat 6 1. KASPRZAK 2 LINDBACK 3 Heffenbrock 4 Klecha

Heat 7 1. Rempala 2. Suchanek 3 KENNETT 4 Schultz Wallner excluded - 2min infringement- Schultz takes his place.

Heat 8 1 Lindgren 2 Hlib 3 Wright 4 Miedinski (fell

Heat 9 1 Hlib 2 KASPRZAK 3 Rempala 4 King rtd

Heat 10 1 Suchanek 2 Miedinski 3 Stang 4 Klecha fell

Heat 11. 1 LINDBACK 2 Wright 3 KENNETT 4 Davidsson rtd

Heat 12 1. Lindgren 2. Risager 3.Heffenbrock 4 Wallner fell Smolinski excluded for 2 min infringement Risager rides as reserve

After 12 heats referee Tony Steele is heading for the pits. Track is like an ice rink without the cold!

At this point KASPRZAK and Suchanek lead with 8 points each Lindgren and Hlib have 7 apiece Rempala and LINDBACK have 6 (KENNETT has 4)

Sorry folks Just got the message "Abandoned"

MAy getmore details later. Thanks for tuning in.

RESULT 1 KRZYSZTO KASPRZAK 8 points 2nd Tomas Suchanek 8 points 3 FRreddie Lindgren 7 (Suchanek declined a runoff so Krys was declared the WINNER) (I imagine Lindgen got 3rd over Hlib because he had 2 wins and a third, Hlib only had one win and 2 seconds- .

You see that little button to the bottom left of your posts.......well when you resort to personal insults like this (and please have the guts to be honest about it and not put it down to a typo) you may find it gets used.

Your comment regarding Poole was designed to try to provoke trouble from the Pirates fans. Had a Witch, Wolf or Bee won it of course we would have considered it an accolade for the club as well. KK has come on no end riding in the Pirates racejacket and they are quite right to be proud of him. I know at Ipswich we have been rightly proud of former Under 21 champions Chris Louis, Robert Miskowiak, and pepe Protasiewicz.

I'm not having a go at KK. If you read my post carefully then you will see that I have congratulated him on winning the event.

My opinion is that he did not win it for Poole Speedway. He won it as an individual event for himself and his country.

Ok if Poole fans want to claim a victory for them, then fine. If he is their favourite rider and they wanted him to win from the start then fair enough. I was proud when AJ won as a Bees fan, but he didn't do it for Coventry did he. Nor did any of those Ipswich riders do it for Ipswich, but I don't blame you for being proud of them. Rightly so. Infact Pepe was nothing to do with Ipswich when he won and he still isn't.

None of the Poole fans seem to picking me up on it. Only you.

This is my opinion and i'm entitled to it. I've got more to say but I don't want to offend you.....

As far as I am concerned When Mark loram and TRick won the world title they did it for themselves, their country and their clubs. Same goes for KK. And I bet we will have the limo out on Wednesday night at Wimborne Road to welcome home our new world Champion! :approve:

Well done KK. Fully deserved.