British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pinstripe

Henrik Vedel

I know of Henrik Vedel who rides for Glumso.You mean him?If yes,there are a few photos of him in my webshots.

Edited by iris123

Thats him, a Dane...

Any chance of some further info Iris?

Don't know anything myself.Saw him in a 1st division meeting at Holsted and he looked very good,beating U21 riders Nikolai Klindt and Steven Andersen amongst others.Just had a quick look at the averages and he is 10th,ahead of Leon Madsen,Tobi Kroner,N.Klindt and Casper Wortmann,but he is 24.More info here

Edited by iris123

Reached World under-21 semis in 1999 (finishing 10th, between Josef Franc and Lukas Dryml)

Then disappeaered until this season!

Thats him, a Dane...

Any chance of some further info Iris?

Some further info is that he's appearing for Newport in place of Craig Watson for the rest of the season :blink:

He rode for Slangerup in 1999 - 6 away meetings for 3.80.

He rode in a few U-21 tests scoring modestly.

His 1999 results were pretty good for a youngster.

His 2005 scores make him look a decent prospect.

Strange signing - think Stone would be far better off trying to find a replacement for the absent Michael Coles.

:mad: If he is in for Wato then I would not be happy!

Does seem a good rider though. Looked good last Sunday though most do on their own!

Will get his average down for next season though and we will reap the benefits then :wink: .

Will get his average down for next season though and we will reap the benefits then :wink: .

Like Scott Smith, Kujawa, Ondrasik, Gustaffsson..... :unsure: Korneliussen (negated by Coles and Lund!!!!)

It no good building for the future every year as it means what you gain from last season future rider you lose by this season future rider. Now IS the time to bring in a rider for Wato and this would be a good move by Tim, provided this rider is any good.

So, Racer X, is it safe to assume you are right in what you say about Vedel?

If so, he could be a good asset. Racer X normally knows who is up to much and who isnt't (barring Jonas and Niels of course!! :P:wink: ) so he could be a good addition. I would think he would come in on 8, so that leaves us about 7.50 for a replacement for Colesy.

We could become a handy team if things are done properly, though we certainly lack an established number one even though Collins is having a good year!!

If so, he could be a good asset. Racer X normally knows who is up to much and who isnt't (barring Jonas and Niels of course!!  :P  :wink:  ) so he could be a good addition. I would think he would come in on 8, so that leaves us about 7.50 for a replacement for Colesy.

No, we had 6.8 to replace Colesy but if you think back to when Colesy first took time out, we had 7.2 and Tim could not find anyone.

It's ok saying we have 7.5(sic) bu who is available? Jason King on 5ish is the only rider I can think of.

I heard that the dane had retired for a few years but is making a comeback and had a practise around Newport Sunday.

As far as the Newport fans are concerned, if he can breathe and ride a bike then sign him.