British Speedway Forum

Is it built in us to come out with excuses for just in case we lose so we are prepared then that way we can say, told you so. Or is some are just defeatists (sp) :P

Guest black country boy

I personally so much want Team GB to win, although this year I fear it may be a 4th place.

This is my summation of our riders possible performances this evening.

Joe Screen. Will perform better than expected but against some of the other teams big guns will be unfortunately outpaced.

Scott Nicholls will have the speed and track craft but silly mistakes, ef's or tape exc will drop his score.

Simon Stead. Will be fast and dynamic but will try to over achieve, which will limit his scoring.

Chris Harris. will be fast and spectacular similar to Steady, but trying to over achieve will lose him points.

Lee Richardson. If he gates well, oh well and good, but will not be able to win races through lack of speed. If he does'nt gate then his scoring will be low, not being the greatest at overtaking.

Having said all this I do believe the team will win over a lot of international fans heart's this evening win or lose.

Guest black country boy
Poland

Great Britain

Sweden

Denmark

I don't think the Poles will have a easy time of it. Generally when the pressures on, which it is big time in Poland, then they seem to fall apart. I think first place will be a close hard fought battle.

However good to see the most gifted speedway rider in the world coming into form. Whose that?...Tomasz Gollob!

Guest black country boy
Denmark :D 

Poland :)

Sweden :neutral:

England :cry:

Forget the Danes, its been raining most of the day. They will be fighting it out in order not to come 4th!

DAVE WARNER

Just a thought everyone - but as they are playing the Polish National Anthem tonight at the start of the evening can everyone just spare a moment to remember Dave Warner and family.

For those that havent read general discussion - Dave Warner passed away after being taken poorly before the 1st Round meeting at Swindon on Sunday.

I feel it can be just one way we can all do something to say 'we remember you'.

The power of thought is very strong.

With love :)

xxx

As a True Brit I want our boys to win. But to be honest a medal of any colour will be an achievment.. I'm just proud of what they have done so far.. making the Final against the odds first go and a team of out and out racers.. got to have a good chance of a rostrum place.

COME ON YOU BRITS....

Edited by tomcat

Come on lads, lets give it you best shot, thats all we can ask for, where ever you finish i will be proud of you, and im sure i can speak for the rest of us when i say that.

with it raining all day it will suit stead, harris and sreen so i think we could be in with a chance.

Come on GB

Edited by Phil The Ace

Keep a look out for Tabby, just had a text to say she's been interviewed by Sophie :lol::approve:

Is she supporting the Brits now Boycey and his "boys" are out?

Absolutely nothing there to pass. Gate and go.

Hope it picks up but there is no grip at all.

One pass so far, by one of the Brits, who have so far had the crap gates. Mind you, Hampel didn't do too bad off gate 4 there!!!