British Speedway Forum

Why are the commentators going on about Runa Holta riding for Poland: this is the new rule in all sport, anybody ! where ever they ride, play if they stay and work in a country they can adopt that countries nationality......was hoping Carlo Cudicini would change his mind and play for England: at the moment he could properly ride a bike better than what Nicki Pedersen is doing

Corny, I think you were expecting too much from certain riders. Bomber is putting himself a bit and just not getting the breaks, Stead is riding well too.

Scott Nicholls is annoying me, he needs to learn not to go wide on the 1st bend. He said himself he expected Pedersen to take him wide in his first ride, so why go around him them?!?!

you watching a diferent meeting? ;)

he only got to the front because the others messed it up, and then only managed 3rd place.

He's doing almost as bad as screen and bomber....and scotty.!

if you were watching speedway for the first time you'd think lee is the experienced rider traning a load of kids out there tonight :rolleyes:

Sorry cornishman, bomber and stead for me were going to be totally outclassed and i think simon has ridden reasonably well.Anybody who thinks the swindon WC round had anything to do with speedway needs to see a doctor, it was a cross between motox and grasstrack hence the english lads performance..

Why are the commentators going on about Runa Holta riding for Poland: this is the new rule in all sport, anybody ! where ever they ride, play if they stay and work in a country they can adopt that countries nationality......was hoping Carlo Cudicini would change his mind and play for England: at the moment he could properly ride a bike better than what Nicki Pedersen is doing

But Holta is no more Polish than he is Swedish and he still lives in Norway. He ride in Sweden and Poland, it just that the Poles will give anyone a passport.

Corny, I think you were expecting too much from certain riders.  Bomber is putting himself a bit and just not getting the breaks, Stead is riding well too.

Scott Nicholls is annoying me, he needs to learn not to go wide on the 1st bend.  He said himself he expected Pedersen to take him wide in his first ride, so why go around him them?!?!

not expecting too much. didnt expect them to do much....and they're not.

at the end of the day, we've been hampered by injuries, same as every other year.

and yes scotty should know better. probably the biggest let down of the night because its not expected from him

Anybody who thinks the swindon WC round had anything to do with speedway needs to see a doctor, it was a cross between motox and grasstrack hence the english lads performance..

Whereas tonights track is perfect :blink::rolleyes:

Anybody who thinks the swindon WC round had anything to do with speedway needs to see a doctor, it was a cross between motox and grasstrack hence the english lads performance..

and a lot of luck ......think things went our way and we all got carried away>>>>

but any thing can change: remember liverpool losing 3-0 at half time in the European final

but any thing can change: remember liverpool losing 3-0 at half time in the European final

Sure do :D

but we're too far away this time. the pub is sounding more and more tempting :rolleyes:

doesnt help with the way some riders are getting so outashape and that desperat they feel the need to try and take out poor stead.... thats twice now ... corny stead is riding well TWICE hes been nearly fenced :angry::mad:

... corny stead is riding well TWICE hes been nearly fenced  :angry:  :mad:

i know.

to be fair he's been the best of the rest behind scotty and especially lee.

why do they let these idiots referee such important meetings :rolleyes:

why do they let these idiots referee such important meetings :rolleyes:

I think the referee has been spot on!

congratulations to Poland ... most consistent team won it, and also the most exciting.

I think the referee has been spot on!

The referee hasn't done anything wrong regarding Stead.

Don't listen to the ultra biased complete and utter crap that Pearson is spouting.

I'm tired of hearing how brilliant GB are doing. We are LAST. Simple as that.

You won't here the Swedes and Danes talking about how brave there riders were. They will be holding an inquest into what went wrong and how to improve next time.

Whereas we'll talk about how 'well' we did. This is why we won't ever get anywhere on the World Stage.