British Speedway Forum
tarabanko

The Holta Kaspzak Incident In Poland

Olly Allen did far worse to Steen Jensen last year and Ive seen worse lots of times.

I know we are both slightly biased (!!) on this but my recollection is that Olly "went at" steen but never made contact and was held back by that paragon of virtue Mr D. I also thought that Steen had just wiped Olly out. Not a wind up - genuinely cant remember .

It seems like a big fuss all round to me. The crash was certainly nasty, but Holta simply lost control and wiped out Kasprzak, rather than a deliberate action. The "follow up", while hardly being elegant and certainly being "out of order", doesn't seem as bad as you'd expected. A couple of half-hearted taps. Maybe the worst of it followed on from what is shown in this clip.

The picture quality was very poor, am I the only one?

I know we are both slightly biased (!!) on this but my recollection is that Olly "went at" steen but never made contact and  was held back by that paragon of virtue Mr D. I also thought that Steen had just wiped Olly out. Not a wind up - genuinely cant remember .

Olly never touched Steen. He just cocked his foot, and, yes, he was completely wiped out. Some of the Eastbourne fans whipped themselves into such a frenzy about it they started to believe their own nonsense.

Does this mean Balinski will be free to ride in the UK for the rest of the year?

I've just seen it and while the rider does appear to tap him the guy in the blue overalls kicked him harder. To be fair there should be no place in Speedway for this if Holta had a damaged back or neck that tap or kick could have paralysed or killed him. I don't agree with anyone hitting/kicking a rider when they are down and action should be taken.

Does this mean Balinski will be free to ride in the UK for the rest of the year?

With Leszno already eliminated from the play-offs, I guess Balinski was already free to ride in the UK. All he'll need is a new, non-Polish licence.

Olly never touched Steen. He just cocked his foot, and, yes, he was completely wiped out. Some of the Eastbourne fans whipped themselves into such a frenzy about it they started to believe their own nonsense.

Cheers G

Without wanting to hijack this thread, i was sure that was the case - and the Budgies squawked, ignoring Floppies attempt to headbutt Hans and of course - Dugard ('nuff said)

Cheers G

Without wanting to hijack this thread, i was sure that was the case - and the Budgies squawked, ignoring Floppies attempt to headbutt Hans and of course - Dugard ('nuff said)

I was only mucking about - now Olly rides for us I see the incident in a completly different light. :D

Martin Dugard never did anything wrong and neither has Floppy - they are both up for sainthoods

Guest Shale Eater
Olly Allen did far worse to Steen Jensen last year and Ive seen worse lots of times.

And as a Budgie you'll know all about that as you have Nicki 'The Terminator' Pedersen in your team. Ask Matej Ferjan

They both kicked Rune Holta while he was stuck under the airfence after a crash with Krzystof Kasprzak.
Dunno what Holta was upto but he just wiped out KK pretty cynically by that video clip. Sits up on the bike and just goes straight on....

Dunno what Holta was upto but he just wiped out KK pretty cynically by that video clip. Sits up on the bike and just goes straight on....

When I spoke to Rune after the incident he stated that the crash was his fault. He came into the turn with too much speed, and when Kasprzak leaned into him (as well as Ulamek on the inside was entering the turn very slow) and touched his bike he lost his balance and had nowhere to go but straight.

But the point is that reactions that followed, especially from Kasprzaks second mechanic (the guy in the blue overalls) should NOT happen on any track. As Mad Potter said; what if Rune had serious injuries, just a small adjustment on his body could leave him paralyzed or dead.

Point is; this can not be allowed to go by unaddressed. Attacks on riders who just have crashed must not be customary, one day it will go terribly wrong !

Weeeell...........rumors now has it that Robert Kasprzak AND Damian Balinski now both have lost their licence after new video-evidence has surfaced.........

With Damian Balinski scheduled to ride for Leszno against Wroclaw on Sunday, I guess he appealed and has now got his licence back. Interestingly, a Damian Balinski Jr is also in the provisional Leszno line-up.

I guess he appealed and has now got his licence back.

Yes, he did...and the appeal body could not establish beyond any doubt that he did kick Holta, so they let him off. What a farce it turned out to be.

To be honest I have had just enough ! One farce chasing another. How anyone can take speedway seriously. I can't anymore.