British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Scandinavian GP - Meeting comments

Best GP I've seen for many a long month. Probably had much to do with the fact there was loose stuff on the track :approve:  and Olsen couldn't have his ultra boring slick track. We had decent racing right from heat 1.

If it takes a few rainstorms to ensure racing tracks, bring on the clouds is what I say :D

Referee was absolute crap IMO, he got every single decision wrong. I'm amazed he managed to get his socks on his feet and not on his head.

Quote of the night from Millard as Gollob rode back to the pits "I thought he was applauding the referee" :wink:

Agreed SL, Was probably well worth getting soaked to the skin to watch ... and ...

Well Done Crumpy laola.gif

:D Breathtaking stuff, back to his fist pumping best :approve:

A special mention for the real stars of tonight and that's the track staff at malilla. That's two years running that European track staff have made a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Last season it was Prague and this season Malilla. Heavy ran around the start time of the GP a bit of track work after the rain stops and hey presto a superb racing circuit. Now why isn't it like that in dear old Blighty? Different material?

God yes! Get those track staff down to Swindon, pronto!

Bet Sky are asking exactly the same thing!

Amazing stuff by their track staff though. what a slick show to watch. Next time I see a decrepit old tractor ambling around a track making no difference whatsover I'll remember tonight!

Congratulations to Andreas tonight. He looked like a kid jumping up and down before getting on the podium. He looks well and refreshed and ready to take on the world again!! :D

Keep getting this image though of Queen Bee standing there screaming during that final - wont give the exact words being shouted but the picture in my head makes me giggle!! :D:D .

Totally agree about the well-deserved credit that must go to the Track Staff, for getting such a good track for racing on, after the state it was in after all that rain.

Best GP this year without any doubt imo :)

Well done Crumpy - great ride in the final.

Looks like the bikes are working again after looking slow earlier in the season - both in the Elite League & the GP. :)

Finally, you would think Tony, having come 3rd, sat i a Ferrari could crack a smile, he looked liek someone had just give him a slap!

would have been nice for him to win the title in front of his home fans though. think that was his target right from the start

Got to agree with everything on here, the track staff made it happen. British Promoters should take note, if you have the will you can run a meeting after torrential rain.

Best GP this year without any doubt imo  :)

Well done Crumpy - great ride in the final.

Looks like the bikes are working again after looking slow earlier in the season - both in the Elite League & the GP. :)

Well, old bear, I reckon Mr Crump, having tasted success at world level in 2004, will now revert to his customary comfortable seat slightly to the rear of the reigning champion for a rest. Be assured he will be back in the top spot - he will be back!!

Was the 2nd GP not early enough?

Ok so Crump won in Eskilstuna. What's he done since, before last night?

The point I was making was that nobody has made a sustained challenge this year.

Got to agree with everything on here, the track staff made it happen. British Promoters should take note, if you have the will you can run a meeting after torrential rain.

.......as Colin Meredith , track curator at Belle Vue [and official track inspector for the SCB] has proved on several occasions at Kirkly Lane this season. Mr Meredith takes a few days off annually to lay the track for the British Grand Prix at Cardiff.

He's Simply the Best!

What the majority of the british promotions lack is the equipment. The swedish tracks have different material on don't they, I guess that makes a difference too.

Totally agree with everyone it was a good meeting and I, too, was pleased to see Crumpy come out on top :approve: Special mention must go to Andreas Jonsson who had a terrific meeting and Leigh Adams for fighting his corner all the way and getting into the final :)