British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Scandinavian GP - Meeting comments

I think the Pedersen-Gollob incident saw the correct decision made.

Its funny how Gollob rides virtually over Simon Stead in the WTC and nothing happens and then Nicki passes Gollob on his inside which you could have driven a bus through without any contact and the Polish ref excluded Nicki.

There is too much pressure put on a Polish ref if he has to make a decision regarding Polands highest paid sportsman.

Is there a rule in Polish Speedway where you get excluded for overtaking Gollob??

Edited by Eastie

yup :D

more dirt tracks and bomber will be world champ in no time :D

might want to wait until after the world cup before you say things like that.

unless of course you want to look like a muppet after next week, in which case..... CONGRATULATIONS! :wink:

Surely you're not suggesting Harris is playing catch up too often against the top riders :blink:

Edited by Finchy

Surely you're not suggesting Harris is playing catch up too often against the top riders :blink:

obviously.

cant gate to save his life :P

but one hell of a rider to make up for it!!

DaC,

I'm a TRick fan so it in one respect it doesn't matter to me that nobody has been able to touch him this year, I'm glad he has (all but) got that record equaling sixth title.

As you point out Crump isn't a million miles away from where he was this time last year, and all credit to him.

My original point wasn't aimed soley at Crump, all I was suggesting was that it would have been better from and entertainment point of view, if the series had been closer.

The series would be a lot closer -if they got shot of all the riders who keep getting in year after year despite riding so badly.

Thought there was some cracking racing on display with certain riders going over the edge on occasions but that is what made the meeting exciting and what will get the sport the publicity it needs.

The Pedersen/Gollob and Andersen/Lindback battles were great too watch. As someone else has said it was great watching Andersen and Lindback trying to kill each other with their moves in one heat and Gollob and Perdersen going at it hammer and tong. It was great too watch and provided tremendous excitement. Some other moves like Andersen on Nicholls and Crump on Gollob added to the meeting and made it a cracking GP. We need this sort of action on a regular occurance and to see riders getting emotional like Nicki. Great GP. More of the same hard and sometimes dangerous riding with evey rider not giving an inch.

Lee Richardson is pathetic has to go! :angry: He wins heat 1 and he could go onto win the meeting, what crap, millard hasn't got a clue! Surely BSI have to do what is right for the GP's next year and have a field full of top line quality riders, even if that means there being more riders init from one country than another (e.g.Denmark to Britain). Riders out - Richardson, Sullivan, Chrzanowski,Andersen.

Riders in - Zagar, Iversen, Bjerre and Lindgren.

Lee Richardson is pathetic has to go!  :angry: He wins heat 1 and he could go onto win the meeting, what crap, millard hasn't got a clue! Surely BSI have to do what is right for the GP's next year and have a field full of top line quality riders, even if that means there being more riders init from one country than another (e.g.Denmark to Britain). Riders out - Richardson, Sullivan, Chrzanowski,Andersen.

That's rather harsh without knowing the full facts. I'd take the Pole out and put Zagar in, Han's must be in, sickly Lee R probably, plus A N Other.

I agree with Ivan Mauger. Make them qualify. It's a nonsense dicussing who should be in next year in this way. When I see this it makes me realise how correct Ivan was in his assumption that it will no longer be a legitimate World Championship.

Lee Richardson is pathetic has to go!  :angry: He wins heat 1 and he could go onto win the meeting, what crap, millard hasn't got a clue! Surely BSI have to do what is right for the GP's next year and have a field full of top line quality riders, even if that means there being more riders init from one country than another (e.g.Denmark to Britain). Riders out - Richardson, Sullivan, Chrzanowski,Andersen.

How can you say they should put Lindgren in? He hasnt ridden in a GP yet. I agree with Zagar though.

Guest Babe619
How can you say they should put Lindgren in? He hasnt ridden in a GP yet. I agree with Zagar though.

Fredrik Lindgren rode in the Stockholm GP in 2004 as a wild card. He was eliminated in heat 11 scoring 4 GP points.

I have chosen them four riders imply due to the fact that they are all up and coming riders who are all ready half if not world class, and they could all beat the top riders, it has been proven!

Need to have a qualifying meetings! This invitational idea is unfair!

Edited by Trees

Keep getting this image though of Queen Bee standing there screaming during that final - wont give the exact words being shouted but the picture in my head makes me giggle!!  :D   :D .

You know me too well!! ;)

Just got back from Sweden, having got thoroughly soaked on Saturday night, but had a great time none the less!

Thanks must go to the track staff to enable this meeting to go ahead, and a big big big congrats to AJ - you truly deserved that 2nd place, im real proud of you! :)

Edited by Queen Bee