British Speedway Forum

From the FIM Press release, Assen are provisionally set to hold the Final Round of the Individual World Championship on the weekend of 11/12th March 2006.

I stress this is only PROVISIONAL, but as I know a lot of Forum members travel to Assen for the racing, this year we Finally get to see the Champion Crowned in Assen

So if Bernard Atherton reads this - sorry I've lost your e-mail address but I have found out a week later!

Now off to the EasyJet Site......

Got the other dates Conkers?

Oops - so busy getting a cheap flight to The Netherlands, I forgot.

Here is the Provisional Calender:

14/15.01 Finland (TBC) QR1

14/15.01 Austria (Probably Salfaalden - organised by the Assen Club)QR3

14/15.01 Sweden QR2

4/5.02 Russia SF1

4/5.02 Germany SF2 (Probably Inzell)

18/19.02 Moscow or Krasnagorsk Russia WC Final 1

25/26.02 Saransk WC Final 2

11/12.03 Netherlands (Assen - due to the fact that the Hortels are all contacting the tour operators!)

18/19.03 Team Final, Germany (Berlin)

The FIM Press release still says tbc by all of the dates except the Russian ones

Sorry for not replying soooner, but I've been in Ireland for the last week and access to the internet in Doonbeg, Co Clare was poor to say the least.

Berlin is a possibility on my Itinery, but Assen is a definite - seeing as they will crown the world champion there for the first time in a few years! (2001 I think was the last time!)