British Speedway Forum
MONKEYBOY

Any News Of George Jarvis ?

Anybody got any news on george jarvis as i would like to know if he is ok :blink:  :blink:

re george,george was taken to sheffield childrens hospital after his crash he has broken his left femur quite high up we expect him to undergo an operation some time friday afternoon to have plates inserted,ill update when i find out more,and thanks for asking,steve jarvis (his uncle).ps if anyone wants to send him a get well card he is on ward s3 at sheffield childrens hospital,western bank,sheffield s10 2th.

Please send best wishes for a speedy recovery from George Piper and Hospital bound Steve as well as myself.

Look forward to seeing George back on a bike in the future, all the best.

Guest Steve Dixon

Hope to see ya up and about A.S.P George... ;)

Hope you are back on your bike soon George, get well soon.

Jules

george was taken to sheffield childrens hospital after his crash

Thats hits home just how young these lads are.

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Get well soon George, thanks for putting the hospital ward details on here and i hope you get loads of cards from fans everywhere.

Get well soon to George hope ur ok!!!

Best Wishes

xxx

Thats hits home just how young these lads are.
Speedy recovery for the lad.

cant help feeling that 80cc is what kids under 16 should be riding, the scandanavians have done well out of that grade of racing too over the years.

Edited by Dekker

Guest Steve Dixon
Speedy recovery for the lad.

cant help feeling that 80cc is what kids under 16 should be riding, the scandanavians have done well out of that grade of racing too over the years.

Agree with the 80cc stuff but our youngsters are reared on grass and progress to 500cc speedway bikes(though in George's case he went straight to 500 speedway)

And considering he has only been riding since last September he is really one for the future, just hope he bounces back from this. ;)

Edited by Steve Dixon

Please send best wishes for a speedy recovery from George Piper and Hospital bound Steve as well as myself.

Look forward to seeing George back on a bike in the future, all the best.

So Sorry to hear that George get well soon mate ,try playing up the nurses its fun..

Kozok (Anglopolish Agency) :P

Agree with the 80cc stuff but our youngsters are reared on grass and progress to 500cc speedway bikes(though in George's case he went straight to 500 speedway)
And wheres that route got us?

i sincerely hope George makes a full recovery without too much discomfort. With two sons racing, one aged 15 one 17 I have thought long and hard about the danger side of the sport. It does raise the question as to whether the young riders have been thoroughly tested on ability to react and put a bike down quickly when needed, it also raises the question as to whether it is right to put minors (and lets face it that's what they legally are) in danger in the first place by letting them race when they are not legally old enough to make their own mind up and truly understand the consequences. Plating and pinning young bones is not an ideal start to a potential career. It was also very scary when I heard of another young rider injured recently with a leg broken so badly broken that doctors considered amputating, I don't know how I would cope with that if it happend to one of mine.

It does raise the question in my mind as to who we as parents and adults are satisfying bringing these youngsters to the shale, our own egos or theirs and I would suggest each parent of an under 15 asks themselves that question.

BriG

Having read the last post by BriG a few things spring to mind, Injuries occur in every sport, some bad and some not so bad, whether it is on a Sat riding speedway or on a Sunday with kids playing football in the minor leagues, Karate, Kick Boxing, Horse Riding to name a few !! The fact of the matter is this, we as parents support our kids in whatever they choose to do as long as They choose to do it. My son is a rider in the u15's and broke his leg back in january of this year, within a week or two of his injury he was already planning his return to the saddle.

Whilst my wife and I were very apprehensive of this it all becomes clear whether they want to do it or not in their own time, It's a fact of life that some kids get tired of the same things and will ultimately pack up and try something else, but while they want to try these Dangerous sports you cant wrap them in cotton wool not expecting them to get injured at some time..

As far as the Ego 's are concerned we as a family were never into bikes of any sort it was my son who chose this path, i could easily walk away tomorrow and never think of returning to it again, but whilst my son wants to carry on riding we will continue to give him our wholehearted support in what ever he chooses to do..

Rich Franklin..

Guest Christophers Dad

Agree with you 100% Rich you have got it right on all counts :approve:

See you soon

Pat & Chris