British Speedway Forum
MONKEYBOY

Any News Of George Jarvis ?

Having read the last post by BriG a few things spring to mind, Injuries occur in every sport, some bad and some not so bad, whether it is on a Sat riding speedway or on a Sunday with kids playing football in the minor leagues, Karate, Kick Boxing, Horse Riding to name a few !! The fact of the matter is this, we as parents support our kids in whatever they choose to do as long as They choose to do it. My son is a rider in the u15's and broke his leg back in january of this year, within a week or two of his injury he was already planning his return to the saddle.

Whilst my wife and I were very apprehensive of this it all becomes clear whether they want to do it or not in their own time, It's a fact of life that some kids get tired of the same things and will ultimately pack up and try something else, but while they want to try these Dangerous sports you cant wrap them in cotton wool not expecting them to get injured at some time..

As far as the Ego 's are concerned we as a family were never into bikes of any sort it was my son who chose this path, i could easily walk away tomorrow and never think of returning to it again, but whilst my son wants to carry on riding we will continue to give him our wholehearted support in what ever he chooses to do..

Rich Franklin..

Can I hug you please. Titch is a very lucky lad to have a dad like you.

And I know he appreciates it.

1 HUG coming to you on Friday xxxx :D

Sorry to hear about George. If I'd have been at Sheffield on Thursday(which I normally am)I would know how bad he crashed, as I would have stayed after heat 15 to watch them.

Hope you have a really speedey recovery. xxx

George came into turn 1and tried diving up the inside of Joe Haines and as doing this he clipped the kerb with his left leg and took a heavy fall.

Edited by DanGreenwoodRacing

Agree with the 80cc stuff but our youngsters are reared on grass and progress to 500cc speedway bikes(though in George's case he went straight to 500 speedway)

And considering he has only been riding since last September he is  really one for the future, just hope he bounces back from this. ;)

I ride in in the under 15s and reading this about 80 cc we as riders know the consiquenses of racing that can happen.(injuries)

I started out on a 125 then went to a 350.While I was riding my 350 I tried a 500. I didnt feel up to it so stayed on my 350 for a while and when I felt ready I rode a 500.

If a rider didnt feel comfortable and confident on a 500 then they wouldnt ride it.

The whole point of the under 15s is for young speedway riders to gain experience of the various tracks and set ups.Also an introduction to competative racing.Some guys are said to step on a 500 too early but as long as they take it easy and practice a lot then it will work.It did for me.

Edited by DanGreenwoodRacing

Guest Steve Dixon
i ride in in the under 15s and reading this about 80 cc  we as riders no the consiquences of racing that can happen.(injuries)

i started out on a 125 then went to a 350 while i was riding my 350 i tried a 500 i didnt feel up to it so stayed on my 350 for a while and when i felt ready i rode a 500.

if a rider didnt feel good on a 500 then they wouldnt ride it.

wat im sayin is the farthers dont push riders into ridin a 500 if they dont want they wont so i find theres no need for a 80cc rule.

the hole point of the under 15s is for young speedway riders with tallant to learn! not to blast round on a 80cc which u cant fall off on!

if u dont fall off then u not goin to learn anythin. and on a 80cc ure not goin a hi enough speed to learn anything.

you wouldnt even be able to gett round a turn on a 80cc anyway because they havnt got the power to get the back wheel to step out and skid round the turn.

Dan

I know you ride under 15 but you progressed through the grass scene therefore no need for a 80cc for you as you went 125 to 300 etc.

As for you saying you cannot get the back end to slide on a 80cc, whys that?

I have pics that prove otherwise.

Dont get me wrong here, not having a go at you, just wot you posted doesn't make a lot of sense. ;)

As for George, i spoke to him sunday and he was his usual chirpy self, although he said "it hurt".... :o