British Speedway Forum

So Josh Auty goes to the line at Newport in gate 4 with a yellow/black colour on.Ref makes him go back and change it for a yellow.Later on Ref tries to fine Josh for incorrect colours.What!.

Look at the GP Sweden Final LAST SATURDAY and ADAMS is in gate 4 with a yelow/black helmet on?.

We went to Poole and rode in the Academy Leauge and got gate 3.We put a green on as per programme and nearly got a fine for not waring WHITE.l

REFS please allow us to be educated and exactly how many colours do I need to carry around.

Also the REF at Buxton tried to run the under 15's under some old 1950's rule that Juniors take gates 1+2/3+4 per team!.ITs 1+3/2+4 in the modern era.

So Josh Auty goes to the line at Newport in gate 4 with a yellow/black colour on.Ref makes him go back and change it for a yellow.Later on Ref tries to fine Josh for incorrect colours.What!.

Well thats ridiculous trying to fine him! Hes only a kid and not a professional! No wonder sport in this country is often devoid of quality competitors with attitudes like that!

When i got my new green helmet colour in 2003 a ref threatened to fine me (cant remember who?) at newport v somerset PL meeting saying i had the wrong colour green on!! i had bought my helmet colour from a well known helmet colour maker. when i told her what had happened she sent me a copy of the scb/bspa letter that was sent to her with a sample of the green colour and she had it spot on. all the riders who rode all season with the darker devon shirt design helmet colours were infact using the wrong colour according to scb/bspa letter!

now we've all purchased our green colours they all use white anyway on tv! i thought the green was for the tv! and yes you are right plenty of riders have come out in Gps and the world cup in yellow/black

some people just like to make life hard. like this pr**k of a machine examiner at reading (Mr Jefferies).i had just picked up a name plate from a trophy shop on way to speedway one night at reading and parked my bike in the pits and was just going to put on my name plate when the machine examiner threatened to tell the ref and fine me for no name plate! he went on about it all night and made me cry at one point! i asked the ref after the meeting and said it wasnt a prob anyway as i had my name on my seat :rolleyes:

this machine examiner went on about my name plate, environmental mats, rules and regs for 2 hours and then didnt even bother to check my cut out!

Edited by pastrana199

And I was just copying and pasting!!

I didn't cover the meeting, just copied and pasted over from the updates site, so I can't be sure of what really went on but it does indeed seem to be very petty.

Well thats ridiculous trying to fine him! Hes only a kid and not a professional! No wonder sport in this country is often devoid of quality competitors with attitudes like that!

We had the same from the ref I was In the pits helping GeorgePiper with Vince Hurst and George rode with a Yellow and Black helmet cover ,after the race Peter Oakes came up to us and told us the ref nearly excluded us for Incorrect colours.And we had a verbal warning and If he was to use the colour again he would be excluded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petty or what ............Koz

There is a very good reason for them being fussy about helmet colours.

If you are in the pits pratting about with helmets you can't be watching the crap decisions they make about less important things like racing and safety :D

There is a very good reason for them being fussy about helmet colours.

If you are in the pits pratting about with helmets you can't be watching the crap decisions they make about less important things like racing and safety  :D

Ladies and Gentelmen that just sums it all up :o Vince you are a naughty man :D Keep it going :blink:

Guest Carp
now we've all purchased our green colours they all use white anyway on tv! i thought the green was for the tv! and yes you are right plenty of riders have come out in Gps and the world cup in yellow/black

I fail to see what you have to complain about. Read the rules. It's pretty clear.

12.12 In all Official Fixtures, Competitors must provide and wear the following:

(second bullet point of three)

- A set of Helmets (or Helmet Colours) of the following colours: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow*, the RAL no's of which are 3020, 5017, 6024 and 1023 respectively.

* - bold face taken from original rule.

Yellow and black, and white helmet colours make no appearance in the SCB rules, which all license holders should have a copy of (if not, they're available from the SCB who issued the license). Hell, ordinary plebs like me can just buy the thing!

Ahem...

Sorry, but I'm thoroughly sick of people wingeing about this stuff. Yes, the U15s could be treated like a bunch of kiddies, but that would be demeaning to the whole affair. It's a proper bloody competition and should be treated as such.

what about all the gp riders wearing gold helmets etc what rules there is none ,same as carb rules should be check before a meeting

So when Im sitting watching the tv and the elite league riders are wearing white instead of green or gold or yellow and black instead of yellow thats ok(?) and they dont get fined, but some under 15 kid who's spent out on a red,blue,green,white,yellow and yellow and black over the last 2 seasons (6 helmet colours £78!!) whats the point in all the helmet colour changes if the riders/tv its ment for arent even abiding by the rules!

I fail to see what you have to complain about. Read the rules. It's pretty clear.

12.12 In all Official Fixtures, Competitors must provide and wear the following:

(second bullet point of three)

- A set of Helmets (or Helmet Colours) of the following colours: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow*, the RAL no's of which are 3020, 5017, 6024 and 1023 respectively.

* - bold face taken from original rule.

Yellow and black, and white helmet colours make no appearance in the SCB rules, which all license holders should have a copy of (if not, they're available from the SCB who issued the license). Hell, ordinary plebs like me can just buy the thing!

Ahem...

Sorry, but I'm thoroughly sick of people wingeing about this stuff. Yes, the U15s could be treated like a bunch of kiddies, but that would be demeaning to the whole affair. It's a proper bloody competition and should be treated as such.

Carp, you are right, it is clearly stated in the rule book. However I think that many of us feel that there are more important things to worry about. There was absolutely no benefit to riders or spectators in enforcing the rule. How the hell can you threaten to fine a rider who isn't being paid? As Morganbike says at Poole they were warned for using green (as per the rules). Sometimes it seems that the refs need to be issued with a rule book as well!

Put the colours back to the originals red/blue/while/yellow&black so much easier and well all understood it :approve: none of this bloody black/while and whatever other colours they want to dream up to raise funds for their end of season refs do :wink: