British Speedway Forum

How about,we just say everyone has Red,but we have light,dark,and 2 mid colour red...that would work :blink:

now we've all purchased our green colours they all use white anyway on tv! i thought the green was for the tv! and yes you are right plenty of riders have come out in Gps and the world cup in yellow/black

The helmet colors for FIM events are still Red, Blue, White and Yellow/Black. That would explain why you see the yellow/black in the GP and World Cup.

The Green and Yellow colors are for UK competitions only. :wink:

Before I get on the phone does any one know if you can buy a single yellow colour from anywhere.Was told at Hull that they only come in packs of 4 !.

Why would a spares van (Pegasus) sell me a set of colours with a yellow/black in it if it can only be used at an FIM event.He new my lad was only 10 at the time.Buyers beware.

Depends when you bought them, just about nobody knew about the yellow covers until after the start of this season. The first couple of meetings we did we all thought it was a silly rumour, then we found out it was just silly! I know for sure that includes Max (Pegasus) as I told him after the season had started. Max will also sell you a single yellow cover.

:rolleyes: Phil

You did not ask me at hull, I had one yellow in stock I would have sold you that with pleasure. Email me if you wish to have one posted out.

regards

Paul B)

Have noticed this season, as we now go to Somerset, that some of the refs seem to have a real grudge against the youngsters in the 2nd halves, it's as though they are taking up thier precious time, so let's make it difficult for them!!

Friday's 2nd half was a total farce after what had been a good meeting with no 'unusua'l refereeing decisions!!!!!!!

They are just starting out in the sport and are obviously going to make mistakes, so think just a little tolerance isn't too hard to find is it?

Yes Carp it is a proper 'bloody' competition as you put it, but do you know the rule book of where you 'work' from cover to cover!!!!!

Also think that some of the lads who have posted on here have a very valid point when they say about what they see on the tv and also the problems they have actually obtaining the right helmet colours etc.

Just keep smiling lads B)

Fines and exclusions are not the way to encourage these youngsters, who to be honest we need if speedway is to continue. :angry:

Edited by sCATygirl!

Have noticed this season, as we now go to Somerset, that some of the refs seem to have a real grudge against the youngsters in the 2nd halves, it's as though they are taking up thier precious time, so let's make it difficult for them!!

Friday's 2nd half was a total farce after what had been a good meeting with no 'unusua'l refereeing decisions!!!!!!!

They are just starting out in the sport and are obviously going to make mistakes, so think just a little tolerance isn't too hard to find is it?

Yes Carp it is a proper 'bloody' competition as you put it, but do you know the rule book of where you 'work' from cover to cover!!!!!

Also think that some of the lads who have posted on here have a very valid point when they say about what they see on the tv and also the problems they have actually obtaining the right helmet colours etc.

Just keep smiling lads B)

Fines and exclusions are not the way to encourage these youngsters, who to be honest we need if speedway is to continue. :angry:

Well said sCATygirl. The speedway authorities need to stick to one set of rules, make sure everyone is aware of them, and stop costing riders money ( especially youngsters who cant afford it ). Why cant someone like Peter Oakes, who is supposed to be in charge of young riders advise these youngsters. And although second halfs are competitive they are not official competitions so some leeway has to be acceptable. It also highlights the worrying variation in the standard of refereeing as I dont think this happens at other tracks.

Edited by suzuki star 882

Well, i dont know if this has been said but i did go to exeter for the individual meeting and there was certain riders there that were still using the Yellow/Black helmet colour.

Seen as i am a Newport Supporter i seen the way the ref pulled the yellow black helmet colours at the u15's, yet at the individual meeting there was nothing said to these riders!

All i say is if you are going to have a rule, isnt it supposed to be one rule for everyone??

I think you will find it was a trainee ref at Newport for the Under 15's and was probably nervous as hell with another ref looking at her every move no doubt.

I do agree they should all be singing from the same rule book.

Speedway Star, page 8. If Adams' helmet is green, I'm Tony Rickardsson!

Just had a look on the BSPA site and read the following under 'Basic League Rules':

Riders are identified by Helmet Colours: Home Riders: Red and Blue, Visiting Riders: Green, Yellow and Black.

and this under 'What Is Speedway':

Below the individual scorecharts is the racecard which covers all the heats from 1 to 15. The top two riders listed in each heat are the 'home' riders, followed by the two 'away' riders. To the left of the riders name is their rider number and further across the page under the colour column is the colour of the helmet he'll wear (R-Red, B-Blue, G-Green and Y-Yellow & Black quarters).

Kinda sums it all up really :rolleyes:

Edited by stressed

I think the yellow only colour was introduced for 2005 so the Just released BSPA site is out of date already as is the ACU site !.

Edited by morganbike

Why was GREEN introduced?

I thought it was because white didn't show up on the telly.

If so, who's idea was it that a helmet colour to denote the tactical double rider would be WHITE and black?

Surely it should have been GREEN and black?

I was at the Newport meeting where the farcical decision about the helmet colour was made. Sure she was a trainee but wasn't it Chris Gay at her side? surely he knows better. how is it fair that the top stars can get away with all sorts of helmet designs when they can afford a different helmet for every colour yet the young lads who are just starting out get penalised for using a yellow and black helmet colour?