British Speedway Forum
jblanch69

Internationale

Don't think we haven't considered the idea Ladies and Gentlemen.

The first problem we have is the use of Premier and Elite League Riders on a Conference League Track.

It's nice to think, that in the event that this meeting is resurected, so many people seem to consider Wimbledon as the obvious venue.

Once we have staged the GB v Sweden U21 in July, the Board will be considering what else to do with any vacant dates left this Season, and we will give it some thought and consult the governing bodies.

Regards,

# Name Removed #.

Thanks for taking the time to reply David, and the very best of luck with the venture if you choose to pursue it.

If you do go ahead and assemble a line-up on a par with line-ups from the past, I'm sure Plough Lane will witness it's biggest crowd for 30 years! It's great to hear of a promotion thinking big these days, and hopefully the days of seeing the red and yellow back regularly in the top league aren't that far away.

Don't think we haven't considered the idea Ladies and Gentlemen.

The first problem we have is the use of Premier and Elite League Riders on a Conference League Track.

It's nice to think, that in the event that this meeting is resurected, so many people seem to consider Wimbledon as the obvious venue.

Once we have staged the GB v Sweden U21 in July, the Board will be considering what else to do with any vacant dates left this Season, and we will give it some thought and consult the governing bodies.

Regards,

# Name Removed #.

Well I'd buy an advance ticket just on the off chance you might run this meeing again.

The very best of luck on this and your other ventures.

Ivan is over in August Jim with his Long Track GP November 1st, why don't you have a word?

How about the winner receives an original PAINTING done by none other than DD? :)

Way to go,.. I do think the original painting would be icing on the cake though DD. Hey, we have had our moments, but I have always respected your art, I am not blind, I see what you do. That side of you humbles me JB. :)

Guest BritPeter

I well remember the Internationale being held at Harringay, I was not there, but I recall the Speedway star's report on the meeting, it was a really hot night, and the track was bumpy.

In the heats, apparantly, according to the speedway star, Ove was leading Ronnie, but Ove hit a big bump and Moore got by him, and Ove won a great race with Ronnie Moore in a run-off for the cup, great day's and great riders. I was a huge fan of Ove Fundin and as far as I am concerned he is the greatest ever. Ove won three Internationale's on the trot.

Some classic racing during this event over the years.

My memories are of the long drive South after Cradley's traditional Monday morning fixture at the Shay.

So racing at two of the most vastly different tracks in the UK within twelve hours.

Memories for me include sitting on Clapham Common eating corned beef and mustard sandwiches and watching the planes flying above and wondering if Tommy J or any of the other top Swedes were in them and flying in for the meeting.

OMG I've just read this back and I think I've finally lost it

Not interested in potatoes, parsnips or turnips then ?

What dya mean 'finally' ?? :twisted: :clown

1961 - 1981 only Kev...

61 Fundin

62 Fundin

63 Fundin

64 Briggs

65 Monk

66 Nordin

67 Nordin

68 N.Boocock

69 Hedge

70 Mauger

71 Mauger

72 Mauger

73 Olsen

74 P.Collins

75 Olsen

76 Simmons

77 Jancarz

78 P. Collins

79 Lee

80 Jessup

81 Nielsen

That's great Steve, thanks for that.

Can anyone bring these results up to date please?

Remember when Garry Middleton - Cass the Gas of Hackney fame - (falsely) accused Ivan Mauger of using the banned nitro fuel additive that caused uproar at the 1972 Internationale?

This WAS the biggest meeting of the UK year, with a line-up that always surpassed the World Final itself for pure quality from 1-16.

When Hedgie won the 1969 Internationale, he drove home with his bike packed into his boot. How times have changed, eh?

Don't know about Halifax to Wimbledon, but for us Southerners the Spring Bank Holiday schedule was: Reading (11am), Rye House (3.30 or 4pm), then Plough Lane (7.45). What a day!

Tony Mc