British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Nominations

Well, of those permanent wildcards (if they're accurate), only Hampel stands any chance of getting into the top 8 next time around.

Edit:

http://www.zuzelend.com/php.php?akcja=czyt...97f36b6f32e7f0d

Once again it shows that Ole Olsen is the guy picking the riders. Zagar must be in it because of Krsko, it can`t be his performances in the GP`s because Andersen has a better record than him. Protasiewicz has powerful sponsors so he has probably paid for a spot (just what BSI f**kers want), and Iversen is in because little Denmark always crave to have as many riders as Sweden and Poland. AND IT IS ALWAYS THAT OLSEN, which shows that the Grand Prix has fallen in value as the best riders in the world are not riding in it.

I wish Ole Olsen could go and start doing something other that speedway like his son Jacob wisely did. We don`t need Ole Olsen in speedway anymore.

IF (!!??!!) this is true then I'm really angry now.

Please understand, I'm not a particular fan of Hans Andersen, but there is absolutely no way he should be excluded from the 2006 GP series when Lee Richardson has been included.

Andersen had an average return of 7.11 per round in 2005 compared to Richardson's 6.11. There is no doubt that Andersen had a poor campaign this year, but for a rider who finished lower than him to be included & for him to be excluded just makes a mockery of what is supposed to be the best of our sport.

The sooner we have a straight & honest qualification system the better.

I just hope that this info is not 100% accurate, but I suspect it is, otherwise Andersen's name would have already been announced.

:mad::angry:

Edited by Jools

However, if he is left out, it appears that he [Andersen] will be requiring a written explanation from the FIM as to his none selection being a former GP winner and as a rider finished lower than him in 2005 has been reinstated.

Should be an interesting communication. But my guess is that he won't be getting one. There is no justifiable explanation.

Edited by Subedei

Should be an interesting communication. But my guess is that he won't be getting one. There is no justifiable explanation.

Just as there is no doubt: The info is official, the three remaining wildcards are Protasiewicz, Iversen and Zager.

IT IS OFFICIAL !!!!

The FIM prostituted as they are to BSI, shame speedway by degrading the world championship.

But the chance is now there for the European Championship to make strides and move into a position to challenge the GPs.

But the chance is now there for the European Championship to make strides and move into a position to challenge the GPs.

Does anyone have any info on the relations between FIM and UEM. Because I remember reading the UEM rulebook, and in many cases it stated that you should look to the FIM book for further detail. If UEM runs under FIM's control, then I'd think that sort's that out.

I'm not 100% sure about these nominations, Hans for example. I cant put a finger on what has happened that justifys Puk and Zagar getting the nod over Hans? I hope he sue's the b¤#¤#d's! :D

But Sube - a while ago you were saying the the next batch should be the ones to get in because the riders from 8-16 had had their chance! I thought you would have been happy with these nominations.

FWIW, think Hans has been very hard done by. The GPs will be a poorer place without him next year if this is true. A rider capable of winning GPs although admittedly his form has dipped slightly this year. I'm still to be won over by Zagar - unproven in the top leagues and only showing up on tracks he is well used to. Look how poor he was at Lonigo. PUK is obviously a talent but again don't expect him to pull up any trees. Would have included Bjerre ahead of him to be honest. As for PePe's inclusion...well the Poles will be happy but it's hardly an inpsirational choice. With the other 2 youngsters in there Kasprzak will have every right to feel aggrieved not to get a place.

I'm well chuffed for Matej. :D (Does this mean he'll be a Racer again in 2006 under the wing of John Postlewhaite? :P )

I've had the pleasure of being able to watch Matej at Smallmead for two seasons. and know he's got the talent, ability and determination to do well. He'll give a good account of himself in the GP's next season.

The same can be said for PUK. Both these riders are the GP stars of the future and have to be introduced into the series now to aid their progression as some of the current top stars draw nearer to the end of their careers.

Not too sure about Pepe's inclusion - personally I'd have like to have another young rider introduced instead.

But Sube - a while ago you were saying the the next batch should be the ones to get in because the riders from 8-16 had had their chance! I thought you would have been happy with these nominations.

I waited until all the nominations were made before contacting BSI. Of their picks:

Nicholls has had too many chances and always failed.

Richardson is there because he's British and will do nothing.

Hampel is justified and should storm into the top 8.

Lindback showed promise and deserved another go, but I think he'd benefit from a year out.

Iversen is 2006's Chrzanowski.

Protasiewicz has had loads of chances and never done anything.

Zagar has much to prove, but after Krsko probably deserves a go.

Iversen is 2006's Chrzanowski.

I don't think he will be, I think Zagar will! I'm still not convinced by Zagar. I've only seen him ride twice but those two times he doesn't look grand prix quality. I saw him at the ASL Freight challenge trophy, he got 6 points (not grand prix quality to me) he also got beaten by riders like Dean Barker and Henning Bager (again not really grand prix quality to me). I also saw him at the PLRC at Sheffield where he scored 6 points (yet again not really grand prix quality to me) and lost to riders like Magnus Zetterstrom, Adrian Rymel, Craig Boyce and Shane Parker. I think in two years he could be a Grand Prix, he needs some Elite League experience first. I think he will do well in the Slovenian Grand Prix but thats it!

I'm not doubting that he's a good speedway rider but he's not ready for the Grand Prix's yet!

If there was a qualifing system he wouldn't have got through!

If it was held at Reading or Krsko he might have :D

But i have to agree.Don't think he is ready and will be struggling for points

If there was a qualifing system he [Zagar] wouldn't have got through!

The thing is, Chrzanowski came through the qualifying system.

I'm not doubting that he's a good speedway rider but he's not ready for the Grand Prix's yet!

How do you know that? Andy Smith got back into the GP's enough times through a qualifier!

You see, if I remember correctly, the thing about qualifiers is that there's always those riders who don't believe they need to lower themselves to qualifying. And as long as there's "permanent wild cards", there'll always be riders who don't see why they need to qualify when Uncle John at BSI will see them okay.