British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wildcat Steve

Academy League Ko Cup Final

I've just phoned Peter Oakes and all he knows is that he has an email from the SCB saying it is off but doesn't yet know the score. He will let the riders know asap and I will then post the outcome on here.

Just had a mail from Peter to say that the meeting has been " cancelled due to circumstances totally beyond our control" It then says there are 4 Academy meetings to be arranged including this one.

According to the SW Argus,

Tim Stone, Newport Promoter, said:''The Academy organisers have belatedly decided that they would prefer to run alongside a league or Conference Match.''

So reading between the lines it looks like they weren't happy running alongside the STRA.

According to the SW Argus,

Tim Stone, Newport Promoter, said:''The Academy organisers have belatedly decided that they would prefer to run alongside a league or Conference Match.''

So reading between the lines it looks like they weren't happy running alongside the STRA.

Why is this?

STRA are doing great things for Novice speedway and many former members are now enjoying riding in the league.

If this fact is true then pity on the academy organisers for dis-respecting the STRA. I am sure they could learn a hell of a lot from the STRA!