British Speedway Forum
SCB

Confirmed Wildcards Are.....

I don't dislike him.

But he's vastly over-rated.

I read alot of your comments and know you are a very bright person in speedway matters, but this is crazy.

How you can say Scott Nicholls is over rated. He is without doubt one of the worlds top riders and has made a number of semi-finals and always shown up well. He will make the top 8 in 2006 without fail.

Hampel failed to make the top 8 this year for ther same reasons Scott didnt last season - injuries forced him out of vital rounds

Lindback is up and down - 12 one night, 0 the next. Scott alot better rider than Antonio any day.

He will make the top 8 in 2006 without fail.

We will see.

Personally, I doubt that very much.

Scott Nicholls is the British Champion, if he's not good enough to represent GB in the GP then who is?

Undeniably at the current time Scott Nicholls is a better rider that Anton, however if anybody seriously considers that by the time he's 27 Anton won't have easily surpassed the achievements Scott Nicholls has made in his career they're deluding themselves frankly.

Should Nicholls be in the Grand Prix?

In my opinion yes, I think it would be hard to argue that he isn't one of the top 15 riders in the world.

However I can see exactly what Subedei is getting at. BSI have consistantly said "finish top eight to qualify", which for a variety of reasons Scott hasn't managed to do for several years now. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Subedei's opinion on this matter is more born out of frustration with the current state of British Speedway than a genuine dislike of Nicholls/Richardson. We should be at the pinnacle of the sport, leading the way, not being let in through the back door.

Can anybody honestly say they'd be rallying for a Pole/Swede/Dane to be included in the series if they had consistently failed to reach the cut off on their own merit? Of course you wouldn't.

Edited by home straight

Can anybody honestly say they'd be rallying for a Pole/Swede/Dane to be included in the series if they had consistently failed to reach the cut off on their own merit? Of course you wouldn't.

Another thing to consider maybe.If Richardson was Norwegian would he be considered for the GP's or would they(we) say, "o.k Holta(i know he is now Polish) maybe, but do we want Richardson as well?" :unsure:

It looks like there will be qualifiers in 2005 for the 2006 series so these nominations will be cut down or lost.

My world rankings list would be, (2006 GP riders)

Rickardsson

Crump

NPedersen

Adams

Gollob

Nicholls

Jonsson

Hampel

Hancock

BPedersen

Karlsson

Andersen

Lindback

Holta

Max

Loram

Protasiewicz

Kasprzak

Richardson

Norris

Lindgren

Bjerre

Iversen

Sullivan

Stead

Kylmakorpi

Zagar

Edited by TNT133

Yes but Scotts first failure was in a season where he missed a lot of gps because of injury

He missed a single GP, not lots.

However I can see exactly what Subedei is getting at. BSI have consistantly said "finish top eight to qualify", which for a variety of reasons Scott hasn't managed to do for several years now. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Subedei's opinion on this matter is more born out of frustration with the current state of British Speedway than a genuine dislike of Nicholls/Richardson. We should be at the pinnacle of the sport, leading the way, not being let in through the back door.

And finally some understanding.

If Hampel had performed as Nicholls has in 2005, I don't think he'd have been the automatic choice Nicholls is. And if he'd performed like Richardson, he'd probably have no chance. And the reason? The Poles have loads of riders chomping on the bit to get into the circus. They've Kasprzak, Kolodziej, Walasek, Protasiewicz and a host of great young riders coming through. BSI can easily dump one and call up another.

The cry you hear on here is who else can we have but Nicholls or Richardson? So, that leaves Nicholls and Richardson in the "comfort zone" of knowing they'll get back in because there's no British rider to take their place. They don't have to be hungry. They don't have to perform.

It shouldn't be entry by quota. They should be under no illusions. You fail and you're out. Maybe then they'll be hungry enough to compete and win.

It looks like there will be qualifiers in 2005 for the 2006 series so these nominations will be cut down or lost.

My world rankings list would be, (2006 GP riders)

Rickardsson

Max

There were no qualifiers for the 2006 series in 2005. Think you're a year behind everyone else old boy. There may be qualifiers for 2007 in 2006, but that's not yet decided.

I would like to ask one question.why should GB be allocated wildcards or any other country, riders should go through qualifing rounds the whole GP is a joke,its got nothing to do with ability its a case if your face fits you are in . :sad:

Have I missed something here?

Hasn't the 2007 line-up been announced as:

2007 FIM INDIVIDUAL SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

GRAND PRIX RIDER LINE-UP

QUALIFIED RIDERS

Riding N° Name Country FMN

1 JASON CRUMP AUSTRALIA MA

2 GREG HANCOCK USA AMA

3 NICKI PEDERSEN DENMARK DMU

4 ANDREAS JONSSON SWEDEN SVEMO

5 LEIGH ADAMS AUSTRALIA MA

6 HANS ANDERSEN DENMARK DMU

7 MATEJ ZAGAR SLOVENIA AMZS

8 TOMASZ GOLLOB POLAND PZM

9 JAROSLAW HAMPEL POLAND PZM

10 ANTONIO LINDBÄCK SWEDEN SVEMO

11 SCOTT NICHOLLS GREAT BRITAIN ACU

12 BJARNE PEDERSEN DENMARK DMU

13 WIESLAW JAGUS POLAND PZM

14 RUNE HOLTA POLAND PZM

15 CHRIS HARRIS GREAT BRITAIN ACU

16 WILD CARD

TRACK RESERVES

17 TRACK RESERVE

18 TRACK RESERVE

QUALIFIED RESERVES

19 PETER KARLSSON SWEDEN SVEMO

20 KAJ LAUKKENEN FINLAND SML

21 CHARLIE GJEDDE DENMARK DMU

22 PIOTR PROTASIEWICZ POLAND PZM

23 RYAN SULLIVAN AUSTRALIA MA

24 MATEJ FERJAN SLOVENIA MAMS

Sorry if I'm being stupid (again).

I would like to ask one question.why should GB be allocated wildcards or any other country, riders should go through qualifing rounds the whole GP is a joke,its got nothing to do with ability its a case if your face fits you are in . :sad:

You could say that for the old World finals also !!!!! How many Poles and Czechs etc used to get in and finish near the bottom. Not many of them deserved the chances that they got.

I wonder how many people would not bother with Cardiff if no Brits were involved ?

Same as Denmark / Sweeden etc

Edited by GLSDiamond

QUALIFIED RESERVES

19 PETER KARLSSON SWEDEN SVEMO

20 KAJ LAUKKENEN FINLAND SML

21 CHARLIE GJEDDE DENMARK DMU

22 PIOTR PROTASIEWICZ POLAND PZM

23 RYAN SULLIVAN AUSTRALIA MA

24 MATEJ FERJAN SLOVENIA MAMS

This has to be BSI 's and the FIM's sickest joke yet. Qualified reserves but riders who haven't qualified in the series proper.