British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

Today I got news that Rafineria Trzebinia are to resign from sponsoring Unia Tarnow.

Leliwa, can you confirm it?

If so, I think this may cause some transfering storm...

Hampel should stay in Wroclaw.

I've been under the impression that Polish speedway is always the first to get organised for the coming season? But the team building lists looked very quiet! Also something that has troubled me is the trainers in Polish and Swedish clubs, what's their role?

(...) Also something that has troubled me is the trainers in Polish and Swedish clubs, what's their role?

Hmmm... training :) They mostly work with young riders but also organizes common trainings to practise pair riding etc. Taking an example of Bydgoszcz - such common trainings are done on every Friday but riders like PePe or Jonsson usually don't take part in it as they have their matches in Britain. However, trainings are generally for riders that are not so skilled like they.

Edited by Mateusz

Hmmm... training :) They mostly work with young riders but also organizes common trainings to practise pair riding etc. Taking an example of Bydgoszcz - such common trainings are done on every Friday but riders like PePe or Jonsson usually don't take part in it as they have their matches in Britain. However, trainings are generally for riders that are not so skilled like they.

So friday is practise day at Bydgoszcz, and a work day for the trainers. This is something I did not know. I guess they have a similar day in Sweden? But not at UK, because most of them dont own their tracks, and because of the limitations to their abilities to use the track?

A few question about the rules. Do you have points limit? Are reserves counted in it? A rider like Kasprzak who I'd imagine has a big avg. compared to some other U21 reserve, does it matter if he number 6 or 7 in his team? Or is the reserve with higher avg always number 6? (sorry if this has been covered earlier)

A few question about the rules. Do you have points limit? Are reserves counted in it? A rider like Kasprzak who I'd imagine has a big avg. compared to some other U21 reserve, does it matter if he number 6 or 7 in his team? Or is the reserve with higher avg always number 6? (sorry if this has been covered earlier)

Answer to all questions: no :)

Also something that has troubled me is the trainers in Polish and Swedish clubs, what's their role?

Only took notice of that when i saw Marek Cieslak was trainer of Wroclaw.Remember him riding for White City in the 70's :D

Probably all current trainers used to be riders in the past. Polonia's trainer - Zdzislaw Rutecki - finished his career in the mid 90s. My parents are at his age and they knew him from parties during their school years as they were at the same high school.

Today I got news that Rafineria Trzebinia are to resign from sponsoring Unia Tarnow.

Leliwa, can you confirm it?

If so, I think this may cause some transfering storm...

Hampel should stay in Wroclaw.

Hi,

cannot confirm anything until we hear some official announcements.

The thing is, that is is not the question of resigning from sponsoring but rather drafting a new contract. Current contract with Rafineria Trzebinia has expired this month after 3 years. Will they sign a new one, considering changes in management there, doubtful in my opinion. But, just waiting to see what will happen. I have to addmit I have more hopes for new strategic sponsors than for Rafineria extending their sponsorship.

best,

Leliwa

Probably all current trainers used to be riders in the past. Polonia's trainer - Zdzislaw Rutecki - finished his career in the mid 90s. My parents are at his age and they knew him from parties during their school years as they were at the same high school.

What is the situation with training schools.Are all clubs left to do there own thing or is the polish federation involved.Where are the best schools.See that a group of youngsters from South Germany spent a week in Poland and also a group from a Danish club had a training camp there as well.

Sorry but I'm rather not into these things (when it comes to legal matters connected with PZM federation etc) ... But as far as I know clubs can gather youngs who'd like to become speedway riders and then after a restrictive selection the best ones are trained. Firstly on mini-bikes, later on normal ones. However, a clubs don't have to have such "schools".

There are also some special speedway schools where mini-speedway tracks are located. Probably the most famous one is in Pawlowice. Hampel, Miskowiak and Bydgoszcz' Klecha started there.

Edited by Mateusz

To continue on the issue of strategic sponsor in Unia Tarnow - Rafineria Trzebinia spokesman said yesterday that the company management did not look into matters of promotion yet and decisions like possible involvment of RT in sponsorship of Unia Tarnow are to be expected next week at earliest, after the board of directors gets to know the detail report on last 3 years of sponsorhip of speedway in Tarnow.

Still waiting than

Edited by Leliwa