British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

This Friday teams from ZG, Rybnik and Gorzow will meet in Warsaw with the governing body to deceide if and what team will join e-liga. (...)

Well, if I was a boss of ZG, Rybnik, Ostrow or Gorzow I would refuse to join Ekstraliga for obvious reasons. It would be showing F U to those fools who govern Polish speedway. And if the mentioned teams make such decision I will fully understand it.

But personally as a fan of one of Ekstraliga teams I hope that ZG will decide to start in Ekstraliga this year. 7-team Ekstraliga with one team having break every round would be a farce... If GKSZ wanna have a normal 8-team Ekstraliga I think that they should give the coming in team the licence without any normally required things like air fances and stadium lights.

Edited by Mateusz

Is he the Croatian Superkid?

Correct.

As for e-liga, just heard from a very reliable source that ZG is very close to re-joining the top league. Backed by the municipal government to help in financing renovation of the stadium up to e-liga and EU standards as well as main sponsors Kronopol. If this becomes a fact the next step is to try and sign Chrzanowski who is also being lured by Torun and Rzeszow.

Just have to wait 'till friday :)

During New Year's Eve party I sent a txt message to someone from ZG :wink: saying that I was gonna drink for Falubaz to come back to Ekstraliga. Looks like my drinking feats may succeed much sooner than I expected :)

Edited by Mateusz

You see Matt, if you believe hard enough....dreams will come true :), the Holy Mother of Falubaz is lookin over us :);)

During New Year's Eve party I sent a txt message to someone from ZG  :wink: saying that I was gonna drink for Falubaz to come back to Ekstraliga. Looks like my drinking feats may succeed much sooner than I expected  :)

now you think it's only because of that txt and drinking, eh? there's no magic, we just deserve it :blink::P:wink:

Surprised no one in Poland's looked at Lindback. I know he didn't cover himself in glory during his time with Wroclaw last season, but I'd have thought someone would've come in for him. Would he still be eligible to ride as a junior?

Surprised no one in Poland's looked at Lindback. I know he didn't cover himself in glory during his time with Wroclaw last season, but I'd have thought someone would've come in for him. Would he still be eligible to ride as a junior?

Torun amongst others made a move at Lindback, but apparently he doesn't want to ride in Poland this year. Yes, he could ride as a junior.

Chris Louis in Lublin.

Wow! that must be a big surprise.

After all these promises that he will never ride in Poland again.

He said on the Lublin website that he was tempted with offers from Polish clubs which he rejected over the last few years. What mattered to him - apparently - was the right conditions, and money was not one of them.

I wonder what he meant by 'right conditions'

Well, not sure what Chris Louis regards of "right conditions", but Marta Poltorak qualifies as "right conditions" for me.

Lets not forget the German contingent joining Wölbert,Matze and Hefe...Stephan Katt,René Schäfer and Tobi Busch

I wonder what he meant by 'right conditions'

Yes - a huge syurprise. He had said that after his accidents abroad he would not consider team racing overseas again.......so this is an interesting development indeed.

As for conditions - it may very possibly have had something to do with safety standards, I would think? Also undoubdtedly the understanding that British fixtures came first, regardless of circumstance.

Rzeszow have taken Chrzanowski from the ruins of Gdansk team.

Rzeszow have taken Chrzanowski from the ruins of Gdansk team.

hmmm....from my sources I heard it's Tomasz Piszcz. :unsure::blink: Chrzanowski is jackin up his price as three teams are lookin to sign him.

Edited by tommy