or non finish per race.

4 laps. All races per program, no substitutions except for injury,

bike trouble with a #8 reserve rider. Gate positions pre-determined,

heat 15 by coin toss.

Heat 15 Team Manager can nominate 2 of top 3 scorers (inc

bonus points) on team.

A rider who finishes in 2nd or 3rd, with his team mate one position

above is awarded a bonus point. This does not add to team score, but

encourages team riding and is used to determine prize money.

Rider who touches the tapes gets 20 yard penalty. Rider who

excluded for not making to track on time replaced by #8. Rider

deemed to cause any stoppage excluded from re-run. If crash in

turn one of lap one had no direct cause, all 4 riders back to restart.

Team who wins match awarded 2 league points, loser 0, tie 1 each.

Top 2 teams after 3 matches Play off for league title.

Edited by Main Man

Guest speedyguy
LOS ANGELES ACES

1. Buck Blair (captain)       

2. John Stunkard       

3. Brad Sauer       

4. Robbie Sauer       

5. John DeFries       

6. Tommy Kistler       

7. Steve Dzaidus Jnr 

SACREMENTO 'www.xtremespeedway action.com' SILVER MACHINE       

1. Chris Kerr (captain)       

2. Michael Hernandez       

3. JJ Martynse       

4. Michael Hull       

5. Matt Browne

6. Chris Metoyer

7. Mark Sincavage

Rules: 15 heats, team racing, points score 3 1st, 2 nd, 1 3rd 0 last

or non finish per race.

4 laps. All races per program, no substitutions except for injury,

bike trouble with a #8 reserve rider. Gate positions pre-determined,

heat 15 by coin toss.

Heat 15 Team Manager can nominate 2 of top 3 scorers (inc

bonus points) on team.

A rider who finishes in 2nd or 3rd, with his team mate one position

above is awarded a bonus point. This does not add to team score, but

encourages team riding and is used to determine prize money.

Rider who touches the tapes gets 20 yard penalty. Rider who

excluded for not making to track on time replaced by #8. Rider

deemed to cause any stoppage excluded from re-run. If crash in

turn one of lap one had no direct cause, all 4 riders back to restart.

Team who wins match awarded 2 league points, loser 0, tie 1 each.

Top 2 teams after 3 matches Play off for league title.

Good to see all the TOP West Coast stars support this! It should be about as 'successful' as last winter's Kiwi League in New Zealand was.

Blimey Speedyguy are you on your soapbox again!!

The league is for the up and coming riders not the top "West Coast stars!!".

You certainly have a bee in your bonnet about anything being done to bring on young riders ---don't you like Conference League or does it have to be Elite League only for you ??

E-mail received tonight :

We would like to thank all the riders who came out to Victorville last night and put on a great show! The home rown Vikings demolished the OC Eagles 58-32, whilst the Sacramento Silver Machine pulled away at the end to defeat LA Aces 52-35, with 3 maximum scorees in the last 5 heats.

Much thanks goes to Shawn McConnell, Charlie Venegas, Dave Galvin, Shaun Harmatiuk, Joe Jones, Brandy McElroy, Ryan Evans, Dave Delbridge and Daryl Correy who all helped behind the scenes to ensure we had a show.

It was encouraging that a number of locals came out after newapaper publicity to cheer on the Vikings. It was also great to see fans, riders and mechanics wearing the awesome team merchandise both at the track and in the famous post race pizza parlor gathering. To get your team colors, email TMGRacing@aol.com

Ryan Evans will send a full report into the website later. We do it all again on the 22nd, with both unbeaten teams (Vikings &Silver Machine) facing off, with the Eagles and Aces fighting for the first league points.

it is great to see the usa boys start there own mini league and this could be a sign for the furture of riders coming over to the confence and maybe premier league and i here from alot of people that the boys are coming on well over in the usa keep the good work everyone and thanxs for keeping us up date main man

Guest speedyguy
it is great to see the usa boys start there own mini league and this could be a sign for the furture of riders coming over to the confence and maybe premier league and i here from alot of people that the boys are coming on well over in the usa keep the good work everyone and thanxs for keeping us up date main man

Americans in the CL? Whatever next! And shouldn't this thread be linked with American League 2. Why run a league for kids when its the stars that put bums on seats? We really are obsessed with forever giving youth its way in speedway. Too much to my way of thinking.

And just where do the stars come from? Of course, they're the youth of a few years ago who've come through the ranks. As you appear to be a supporter of a Conference League team I do find your train of thought very hard to follow Speedyguy - surely you should be an Elite League supporter if all you want are star names?

I'm just glad your way of thinking is very much in the minority or todays 'stars' would be the last generation we're ever likely to see! :blink:

I agree with Rabbit on this one :P

still talking to me Rabbs?

Of course. This is the women's section - right?! ;):P

Edited by rabbit

Guest speedyguy
And just where do the stars come from? Of course, they're the youth of a few years ago who've come through the ranks. As you appear to be a supporter of a Conference League team I do find your train of thought very hard to follow Speedyguy - surely you should be an Elite League supporter if all you want are star names?

I'm just glad your way of thinking is very much in the minority or todays 'stars' would be the last generation we're ever likely to see!  :blink:

My favourites Dons over the past four years have been Wayne Barrett, Mark Burrows, Wayne Broadhurst, Grant MacDonald, Justin (when on form) Elkins, Roger Dickerson. but I do like to see youngsters like Matt Wright and Lee Strudwick challenging them. What I object to is a fast-track system forcing the experienced hands out because of age and not a lack of ability.

So my response to you would be - do you consider those guys you've mentioned to be 'stars'? Because talking as an EL fan, they would hardly warrant a second glance from many fans of our league (and that's no disrespect intended to them at all, I'm just talking relative pulling power if you like). It just brings me to conclude that you can't decry the ambitions of the lads named in the American teams above, who may well be stars to some of those fans who went to see them. It's all relative who you consider a 'star' to be and who puts bums on seats. A star to you is just a rider who maybe should have quit years ago to another... Don't forget also that the main aim of the Conference League was to be just that - a fast track route to blood up and give experience to up and coming riders into the next leagues up the ladder. Somewhere along the line though, the edges became slightly blurred but I think I'm right in saying that it is still the main ethos behind the league.

Edited by rabbit

Guest speedyguy
So my response to you would be - do you consider those guys you've mentioned to be 'stars'? Because talking as an EL fan, they would hardly warrant a second glance from many fans of our league (and that's no disrespect intended to them at all, I'm just talking relative pulling power if you like). It just brings me to conclude that you can't decry the ambitions of the lads named in the American teams above, who may well be stars to some of those fans who went to see them. It's all relative who you consider a 'star' to be and who puts bums on seats. A star to you is just a rider who maybe should have quit years ago to another... Don't forget also that the main aim of the Conference League was to be just that - a fast track route to blood up and give experience to up and coming riders into the next leagues up the ladder. Somewhere along the line though, the edges became slightly blurred but I think I'm right in saying that it is still the main ethos behind the league.

I saw some of the USA's old-time greats like Wilbur Lamoreaux, Charles 'Peewee' Cullum, Ernie Roccio and the post war west-coast based Canadian Jimmy Gibb. Old-timers after World War Two but worth walking miles to see. And I did. Cannot say I would do the same for, say Buck Blair. When in England mid-1990s just CL standard. Has he advanced that much? I agree abou t stars whgo shine in their own sphere. I think I have followed speedway long enough to know who a star really is. Speedway today is a fast-track a kid to the top then fast-track another to replace ad-in-finitum!

Not really sure who has fast-tracked to the top - certainly not the likes of Lindback and Hampel to name two, they've done it the same as everyone else, hard work and results - and they still have a way to go. Been given opportunities yes, but they still have to go out and race the top guys and find their level. I would agree with your argument if i could, but apart from giving lads chances to shine and then picking the best to go forward, I don't see any evidence of fast-tracking and that any of the moves afoot to give the youngsters a chance is deterimental to the sport as a whole. Has Simon Stead for example been fast-tracked? Or Chris Harris? They've done the same as everyone else - shown raw talent, been given the chance and taken it. If the places were clogged up with old boys then they may have given up years ago. The nature of the sport is such that fast-tracking would only work for those with talent - if they don't score then they're soon out on their ear. Unlike other sports, the margin for progression and failure is so much more acute and the duds soon hit the wayside. For all these lads out in the States chancing their arm in the mini-leagues, there might be one or two who will make it to the big-time. But without the chances who knows whether there's the next decades Hamill Hancock or Penhall? I say fair play to them - and good luck! A strong American scene with plenty of young enthusiastic riders is what we need for the sport worldwide!

I still don't see why you are so opposed to the youth having chances though - can you not see that today's youngsters will be the stars of the future? It's OK quoting the names of riders from years long past (who I have to admit I've never heard of) but who is say that these guys who you're rubbishing don't have the same effect on some of todays fans. As I said before, it's all relative.

Phew...need a lie down now. It's too early for such serious debate. :blink: Apologies MainMan for hijacking the thread somewhat. Please keep the info coming from Stateside. I'd hate for any of those taking part look in on this and think we all share Speedyguy's views.

Edited by rabbit

Good to see all the TOP West Coast stars support this! It should be about as 'successful' as last winter's Kiwi League in New Zealand was.

Well actually a couple of the top West Coast guys are Supporting this event. One of them is also the East Coast Champion who won the recent US open series in New York. Shaun McConnell(Victorville Vikings Manager) understands the importance of bringing in new talent and working with these guys helps make it a safer enviroment for him to ride in.

The other top West Coast rider is Charlie Venegas. Venegas is Team Manager for the O.C. Eagles.

courtesy of Ryan Evans and TMG Racing :

The Sacramento xtremespeedwayaction.com Silver Machine defeated the

Los Angeles Aces 50 to 38 in each team's opening match of the West Coast

Speedway League season at Wheel2Wheel Raceway in Victorville, California.

The Silver Machine was led by double-figure scores from Matt Browne,

Chris Kerr, and J.J. Martynse while Buck Blair's twelve points weren't enough

to push the Aces to victory.

The match began with an odd 3-2 score after Blair defeated Kerr, but

the other two riders, John Stunkard and Michael Hernandez failed to finish on

the lead lap, therefore, scoring no points.

Mark Sincavage and Ed Martinez led a 4-2 race victory for the Silver

Machine in race two which was followed by a 5-1 from Martynse and Michael Hull

to give Sacramento an 11-6 advantage after three races.

Some confusion regarding race participants ultimately led John DeFries

to receive a two-minute exclusion in race four. Browne was victorious over

Steve Dziadus, Jr. while Mark Sincavage fell and created another 3-2 score,

this time in favor of Sacramento.

Kerr defeated the Sauer Brothers for a drawn heat five. Blair and

Stunkard combined for a 4-2 race win for Los Angeles in race six. Martynse and

Hull combined for a Silver Machine 5-1, but were matched by a 5-1 from Stunkard

and Dziadus, Jr. in race eight.

Browne was victorious ahead of the Sauers in race nine while Blair won

his third race of the night in race ten leaving the score at 31-27 for the

Silver Machine.

Kerr and John Zuber combined for a 5-1 in race eleven, which was

followed by 3-3 drawn heat twelve. Kerr fell while leading race thirteen, but his

lead was significant enough for him to remount and cross the line first to

complete another Sacramento 5-1. Robbie Sauer of the Aces won race fourteen, but

the Silver Machine led 47-35 going into heat fifteen.

Aces manager Shaun Harmatiuk sent out Blair and Dziadus for the final

race while his Sacramento counterpart, Dave Galvin, nominated Kerr and Browne.

Blair got the jump on the field while Browne and Kerr scrambled to pass him.

Blair remained cool under the pressure and held on for the win while Browne

and Kerr secured second and third, respectively.

There was a Support Division program to supplement the action. The

Support class was depleted when riders were drafted into the team competition.

In the main event, John Zuber was victorious, Adrian Contreras finished

second, and Jeff Irwin was third.

RESULTS

Youth Speedway

343 - Cory Williamson

Support Main Event

286 - John Zuber

388n - Adrian Contreras

343n - Jeff Irwin

Los Angeles Aces 1 2 3 4 5 T(38)

1 - Buck Blair © 3 3 3 R 3 12

2 - John Stunkard 0 1 3 0 4

3 - Brad Sauer 1 1* 1* 2 5+2

4 - Robbie Sauer 0 2 2 3 7

5 - John DeFries M - - - 0

6 - Tommy Kistler 0 0 - - 0

7 - Steve Dziadus, Jr. 2 2 2 1 0 7

8 - Kim Stevens 1 1 1 3

9 - Troy Robinson Fx 0 0

Team Manager: Shaun Harmatiuk

Sacramento xtremespeedwayaction.com Silver Machine 1 2 3 4 5 T(50)

1 - Chris Kerr © 2 3 3 2* 1* 11+2

2 - Michael Hernandez 0 0 Fx - 0

3 - J.J. Martynse 3 3 2 3 11

4 - Michael Hull 2* 2* 1* 2 7+3

5 - Matt Browne 3 2 3 3 2 13

6 - Ed Martinez 1 Fx 0 0 1

7 - Mark Sincavage 3 R 1 1* 5+1

8 - John Zuber 2* 2+1

Team Manager: Dave Galvin

Race Results

1: Buck Blair, Kerr, Stunkard (fell, remounted), Hernandez (fell, remounted)

3-2, 3-2

2: Sincavage, Dziadus, Martinez, Kistler 2-4, 5-6

3: Martynse, Hull, B.Sauer, R.Sauer 1-5, 6-11

4: Browne, Dziadus, Sincavage (retired), DeFries (two-minute exclusion) 2-3,

8-14

5: Kerr, R.Sauer, B.Sauer, Hernandez 3-3, 11-17

6: (restarted) Blair, Browne, Stunkard, Martinez (fell, excluded) 4-2, 15-19

7: Martynse, Hull, Stevens, Kistler 1-5, 16-24

8: (restarted) Stunkard, Dziadus, Sincavage, Hernandez (fell, excluded) 5-1,

21-25

9: Browne, R.Sauer, B.Sauer, Martinez 3-3, 24-28

10: Blair, Martynse, Hull, Stunkard 3-3, 27-31