Ht 16..Laukkanen, Ljung, Szatmari, Tessari

Ht 17..Jensen, Gapinski, Ljung, Drabik [E/F]

Ht 18..Swiderski, Laukkanen, Balinski, Szczepaniak

Ht 19..A Dryml, Ferjan, Ruud, Tessari

Ht 20..L Dryml, Gafurov, Moller, Szatmari [Ex]

Ht 21..Jensen, A Dryml

------------------------------

Notes:

1..Ht 1 and Drabik gets himself into mischief and is excluded.

2..Ht 7 and Swiderski gets himself into mischief and is excluded.

3..Ht 7 and Ljung gets himself into mischief and is excluded.

4..Ht 9 and Szczepaniak gets himself into mischief and is excluded.

5..Ht 20 and Szatmari gets himself into mischief and is excluded.

6..Ht 21 and Jesper B Jensen wins the race-off with Ales Dryml and is the 2005 European Champion.

------------------------------

All details from:

http://www.zuzelend.com

Edited by Subedei

Well Done Jesper B

It may not be the strongest line up, but you still have to beat them to win it.

Jesper B Jensen 5.98 - could be a bargain for anyone next season

Wonder if the rumour that the winner will get a wildcard for the GP's is true :unsure:

Well done Jesper!

Wonder if the rumour that the winner will get a wildcard for the GP's is true  :unsure:

If it was, it probably isn't now. Jesper B doesn't strike me as the sort of rider BSI want cluttering up their sand pit.

Congrats to Jesper for the great result achieved today ! :D

Will probably give him a lot of confidence for next season. :approve:

Looking forward to follow you too,

Jesper. :wink:

Wonder if the rumour that the winner will get a wildcard for the GP's is true :unsure:

Well done Jesper!

On this I'm with a bunch of british speedway fans who think this whole Euro Champs is just a (thought I'd say another but I dont know if theres any?) political move by the EUM to gain power in the world of governing bodies. I went trough the qualis earlier and noticed that not one brit took part in this! It's nice that Laukkanen was third, but look what TNT said earlier. This is great news for finnish speedway if it gets any publicity, because the general public doesn't know how little this comp actually means in the world of speedway. Laukkanen won his semi on a track he's ridden for over twenty years, and he's no stranger in Lonigo either. Well done the Dryml's, I do hope Lukas is really coming back after a lean spell!

The wildcard scenario is something that I find a bit odd, because the GP is run by BSI with FIM, where as the UEM are trying to live under/compete with FIM in my opinion. Oh, and I dont think winning this comp has made JBJ one of the top15 in the world...

Edited by f-s-p

On this I'm with a bunch of british speedway fans who think this whole Euro Champs is just a (thought I'd say another but I dont know if theres any?) political move by the EUM to gain power in the world of governing bodies.

But with the FIM, under the malign influence of BSI, making a mockery of the GP series, if the EUM can get a head of steam up with this competition it could be the start of a power-shift in speedway. A decent sponsorship package that'd bring in the top stars in the world would get the FIM and their pimps BSI worried. The FIM and BSI are making a joke of the GPs and opening the door to a competition with values and integrity.

well done J B Jensen whats his hair liek these days :P

On this I'm with a bunch of british speedway fans who think this whole Euro Champs is just a (thought I'd say another but I dont know if theres any?) political move by the EUM to gain power in the world of governing bodies. I went trough the qualis earlier and noticed that not one brit took part in this!

The wildcard scenario is something that I find a bit odd, because the GP is run by BSI with FIM, where as the UEM are trying to live under/compete with FIM in my opinion. Oh, and I dont think winning this comp has made JBJ one of the top15 in the world...

Well firstly we must consider the fact that just because there were no British entrants doesn't in any way discredit a competition.The British have a history of being a little slow in joining in.Just look at the football World Cup or early english entrants for the European Cup.

I also think, like Subedei said,Jesper might not be the sort of rider they are looking at.If Ales had won then maybe,but the 6th or 7th best Danish rider.... :unsure:The thing is though he has won an international competition which maybe gives him more credibility than some who will get in.That is speedway.Apart from the top 4 or 5,the next 20 or so are all capable on certain tracks on certain days of winning a meeting that might be a quali for the GP's.

Edited by iris123

Well firstly we must consider the fact that just because there were no British entrants doesn't in any way discredit a competition.The British have a history of being a little slow in joining in.Just look at the football World Cup or early english entrants for the European Cup.

Missing riders being british wasn't the point I was trying to make. It was the missing riders, QUALITY riders...

But you just have to see that Walasek and Zagar couldn't even qualify for the final.Obviously the quality riders were in the GP's :D

Edited by iris123

At the end of the day, this is a relatively new competition and may grow into something much bigger.

Remember, when the GPs were first talked about the major nations considered dropping the FIM. The mess the FIM are allowing BSI to make of the GPs leaves an opening for the EUM to make a challenge. All it needs is for the EUM to get some serious money behind them and lure one of the big nations into their camp and BSI and the FIM are in trouble. And they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Fact - the riders will ride for whichever organisation is offering the most money!

FIM have played right into the hands of the UEM by not having qualification rounds for the GP's. So the "second-best" riders (no disrespect) will happily ride in a European Championship if it's worth their while, since they can't qualify for a GP.

FIM have played right into the hands of the UEM by not having qualification rounds for the GP's. So the "second-best" riders (no disrespect) will happily ride in a European Championship if it's worth their while, since they can't qualify for a GP.

Exactly.

And if it grows big enough, even the top stars will desert the GPs.

At the end of the day, this is a relatively new competition and may grow into something much bigger.

That's not entirely true - Peter Collins was the 1974 European Champion after winning a run-off against Ivan Mauger and Ole Olsen at Wembley. :P