British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

I'd say the Czech Republic, with the Marketa and Pardubice, should perhaps get a shout at it. But a weak team probably rules that out.

Czech would be a good call, i could handle a week out there with all that nice beer....

But would the Czechs want it?It's good as an idea,but if a country isn't strong would they risk holding an event they might not get into the final of?At the moment only Poland,Sweden and Denmark would be good bets to qualify.Britain should,but you wouldn't bet too much on it.As was said the attendances for a week in Denmark were not too good,which leaves Sweden and Poland with Britain.After a few years of that it will get pretty boring especially if one of them(Sweden or Britain,possibly)gets weaker.Can see it being held in more than one country

As I said, a weak team rules out the Czech Republic, although manifestly it has the facilities. And, after Poland, the next most likely nation to take a decent support to Prague and Pardubice is Germany. And they aren't likely to make the final either. It's a shame.

i still have a sneaky suspicion that it will be held in uk after the brilliant atmos last year and also the success of swindon this year watch this space ;););)

Well maybe the World Cup was good(didn't see it) but just seen the ELRC and the racing wasn't too good.Maybe a bit to do with the tricky position of the sun,but riders were also commenting on the track.

i still have a sneaky suspicion that it will be held in uk after the brilliant atmos last year and also the success of swindon this year watch this space ;)  ;)  ;)

I love this on this forum, if someone has a rumour its normally their own personal hunch/wish.

I remember reading somewhere that Russia had expressed an interest a while back to stage it. Crowds are on the up there but cannot see the Western riders putting up with a week over there. Also crime is still rife which is not good for travelling fans.

The only way I would bother going again is if they had it in Sweden. The best racing by far in this years WC was the meeting at Eskilstuna

I have heard that the race off will go in Kumla and the final in Eskilstuna..

If there's are any truth in this I dont know, but this is what I have heard.

Kumla is a good race track, always good prepared and Eskilstuna has been good this year.

Edited by tarabanko

I love this on this forum, if someone has a rumour its normally their own personal hunch/wish.

it wouldnt be my wish to have it at swindon

it was due to overhearing a conversation at arena between a couple of spanner jockeys

my personal preference would be south coast again or p,boro