British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

Be better at the UK's premier speedway city, which, at the minute, is Coventry. A better stadium and easier to get to.

I've always suspected you Mongols talked nonsense. Now I have it confirmed.

I can be in Poole stadium in around half an hour from my house, whereas it takes around 3 hours to get to Brandon.

Utter utter nonsense. Again. :blink::blink::P

with respect coventry has excellent hotel facilities and an excellent night life have you tried it shovlar?

poole has got millions of speed cameras and the quays thats all

we have an excellent stadium with a history of putting on major events

it saddens me that the only way you can put your point across is to criticise a city where in your own admission you have only spent a couple of hours

whereas i can discuss poole having been born in bournemouth

People don't go to a place for the hotels. They stay in them and explore the local ammenities. Coventry is NOT a holiday destination. Poole and Bournemouth are.

This has been discussed before, but 7 miles of award winning Blue Flag beaches for starters, versus a bit of park. 1-0 Poole. August is the peak season. Plemty of scantily dressed babes to oggle in their bikinis from Bournmouth Pier. Coventry has its cathederal and some Mrs Mangle types. 2-0 Poole

Hundreds of stacked out watering holes and clubs, all stuffed full with sun tanned babes, or a burger and onion rings at TGI Friday? 3-0 Poole.

Need I go on? And that's before I get to comparing the tracks, which would make it 4-0 Poole, and the fans, 5-0.

BSI want people to have fun. They would get it in Poole and Bournemouth, I doubt it would be the same in Coventry.

And yes I know the place quite well. I have an uncle and aunt, with 5 cousins, who live a mile from Brandon. Been out in Coventry and its not a bad place, but it just doesn't compare for tourists. Sorry but that's the truth of the matter.

Now, I could be wrong, but isn't Coventry near Stratford-upon-Avon? And isn't Stratford-upon-Avon a very popular tourist destination?

Now, I could be wrong, but isn't Coventry near Stratford-upon-Avon? And isn't Stratford-upon-Avon a very popular tourist destination?

Er............. yes.

Also Coventry have Scotty one of the World Cup greats ;)

Playing devils advocate?

Leicester is a lovely place, only round the corner from Coventry.

Playing devils advocate?

Leicester is a lovely place, only round the corner from Coventry.

so leicester is a lovely place? having read your signature why move to somerset then?

Hundreds of stacked out watering holes and clubs, all stuffed full with sun tanned babes, or a burger and onion rings at TGI Friday? .

BSI want people to have fun. They would get it in Poole and Bournemouth, I doubt it would be the same in Coventry.

not many sun tanned babes there today i bet. 1.0 to cov

elite league champs & ice hockey treble holders. 2.0

babes in cov all year round unlike poole which becomes a retirement home in the winter. 3.0

tourists & bikinis......i know lets have the world cup in tenerife then!!!!

game,set,match and the league to coventry

p.s.

if you have watering holes full of babes what are you doing at home on your puter every night??????

Edited by covbees7

Its a little in-joke with my family.

fair comment hazz

could be worse you could retire and move to poole!!!

That is correct and the home town of 'Chez Fairies'.

There is also the beautiful Cotswolds Countryside in the area as well.

Remember that Brandon is in the beautiful County of Warwickshire not Coventry. I fear SS will now find something to say about that!!!!

Poole has zimmer frames, grey rinses and Rabbit. Only one out of three is worth coming down for!

Plus its far to close to the mother-inlaws for my liking!! :lol:

When is it actually announced?

So far on this thread, people seem certain its either Sweden, Denmark, Coventrtry, Bournemouth, Swindon, Kings Lynn, Germany and Vladivostok.

It's a disservice you do me,for twas only a suggestion.Just thought that would be quite a good idea as so many people from speedway countries will be here for the footie anyway.I'm certain of nothing :P

any truth in the rumour that the entire world cup is to be held at blunsdon next year?

Not entirely sure but the rumour is that it will be in Denmark.

rumour has it will be sweden

I have heard that the race off will go in Kumla and the final in Eskilstuna..

I heard all rounds are to take place in Poole.

And what have we learnt about rumours from this thread? :rolleyes:

I've always suspected you Mongols talked nonsense.  Now I have it confirmed.

I can be in Poole stadium in around half an hour from my house, whereas it takes around 3 hours to get to Brandon.

Erm... I don't suppose you have stopped to consider that the reason for that is that you live closer to the Poole stadium than the Brandon stadium? :blink: I could just as easily turn around and say that Swindon is the easiest to get to because it only takes me 20 minutes whereas Poole would take in the region of 3-4 hours.

Erm... I don't suppose you have stopped to consider that the reason for that is that you live closer to the Poole stadium than the Brandon stadium?  :blink:  I could just as easily turn around and say that Swindon is the easiest to get to because it only takes me 20 minutes whereas Poole would take in the region of 3-4 hours.

That was his joke. :unsure::rolleyes::blink::P