British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

But how long's it going to take for that snow to go through ? :unsure:

The answer is blowing in the wind - so the harder you blow the sooner it will go.

It's still falling here 14 miles from sheffield but it's getting slower and there are blue streaks in the sky

aint it just like the weather to ruin our hopes of a great meeting to start the season?

Well the snake and woodhead pass are still open (at the moment) and they are usually the first to close when the weather is bad. No problems with the roads yet according to radio shefffield.

Looking outside I am two miles from the track, and the snow is coming not very thick, there is snow on the ground, but been shopping around near the track and the snow had not settled, and did not look as though it would.

thankfully owlerton is in a dip with high hills surrounding it so hopefully the snow will pass it by

It is nothing like that here :)

Looking outside I am two miles from the track, and the snow is coming not very thick, there is snow on the ground, but been shopping around near the track and the snow had not settled, and did not look as though it would.

Very confussing. Weve got Phil who obviously has an extra interest in this meeting saying its clear and Spin King saying there has been snow - both in the same area!!!!

I am now confussed.

Having had my husband stuck in the snow for 24 hours before it does not fill me with any great enthusiasm to make this trip - life threatening springs to mind!!! But I will go along with Phil's post that the weather is fine.

And pray it's not just hype to get us there.

Edit - Thanks for that Krissie - I was typing whilst you were posting - it makes more sense now

Edited by fairy4ever

Very confussing. Weve got Phil who obviously has an extra interest in this meeting saying its clear and Spin King saying there has been snow - both in the same area!!!!

I am now confussed.

Having had my husband stuck in the snow for 24 hours before it does not fill me with any great enthusiasm to make this trip - life threatening springs to mind!!! But I will go along with Phil's post that the weather is fine.

And pray it's not just hype to get us there.

Edit - Thanks for that Krissie - I was typing whilst you were posting - it makes more sense now

I was replying to SeansNumber 1 posts saying "It is nothing like that here" as in no snow drifts!

I am about 10 miles form the track, as we know the weather can be totaly different at different location. Let just keep our fingers crossed.

Just keep checking seans website to check if it is on or not.

10 miles south of owlerton;it's been snowing lightly for 2 hours,the roads are perfectly clear (if wet) and there is about 2mm on grass verges etc (just been to take dog a walk-she loved it!!!).to summarise-no problems at all with roads etc but don't know how it will affect the track.

sorry if i didnt make it clear

Its been snowing since 8am here im about a 10 minute walk from owlerton but the main road outside doesnt look affected at all!!!