British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

The view from the bar on the 1st/2nd bend is pretty good. The terrace on the same corner is also a great place to watch the action, especially the start / first corner. :)

Cheers Jan! Dave, Wilbor, eeeh up!

Edited by T'internet Dave

Gutted about Hamill but at least we have a decent replacement in who can ride the track well...as for the best place to stand personally I love the view from the 3rd bend, although I suppose it depends if you want to be close to the start line.

If I'm not mistaken the cafe part is on the home straight and so if you can't walk around the stadium will there be some refreshment area on or near the back straight?

Yes there will be refreshments on the back straight

First of all, can I just make clear that admission to the back straight will be on the Livesey Street turnstiles directly opposite the new Hillsborough College.  It will not be possible to get onto the back straight from anywhere else in the stadium due to health and safety restrictions.  A full range of facilities will be there, including programmes, the DVD, CRACKER merchandise, a refreshments stall and toilets.

We will be holding a 50:50 raffle on the night, where one lucky person stands to win 50% of all the raffle proceeds for the night.  The draw will be carried out just before the Grand Final, so make sure you buy your tickets and win big!

That’s all for now.  Just 5 days to the CRACKER proudly sponsored by C&D Express Transport and A&E Transport

http://www.seanwilsonracing.co.uk/news.html

Being a first timer (but could become a regular if racing is good!) to Sheffield can someone let me know the best place to stand?

This is especially true for Sunday if you cannot walk round the whole stadium. I do like to view from the back straight but not sure if I want to restrict myself to just that area. Also has it any cover if the rain comes?

All help gratefully received!

MartynP

MartynP

No cover on back straight - toilets will be portaloos so best avoided.

I find 3/4th bend the best.

Hope you enjoy the meeting.

I know this may not be popular but hey-ho.

More rain forecast tomorrow, although not quite as bad as the last few days.

Saturday sees more heavy and persistant rain moving in. This will turn to heavy snow, from around the Norwich area and all the way up the east coast of England on the eastern side of the Pennines into Scotland, overnight into Sunday. Slowly the mild air that brought the rain will win against the cold air from the east, and turn the snow back to rain.

The point of this post is to alert particularly those travelling a significant distance to the potential for a significant weather event this weekend. Even if you don't see snow spray on the roads will make for poor travelling conditions.

I know the timing sucks, but please take note of the local forecasts and take care.

:)

*edit* - forecast updated to now give snow risk north of the M4 to include the Midlands. Remember 100 mile shift in a weather patern is nothing on a global scale but could make a huge difference in your area. This weather event is very much in the balance and forecasts are regularly updated so stay tuned.

Edited by 21st century heathen

this is what you get though starting speedway so early, your always risking weather this early in march. I dont think speedway should start until april, but that can be for another thread another time.

the weathers going to ruin it i feel, weve had dollops of rain this week here, and if its dodgy forecast, i cant risk it, even though its a class line up. :sad:

You're not going to pay £11 though so why should Uni students RLD :wink:

Shhhhh :wink:

Why dont they try and get the track coverd if the weather may be a problem?

Edited by RLDTIGER

Saturday sees more heavy and persistant rain moving in. This will turn to heavy snow, from around the Norwich area and all the way up the east coast of England on the eastern side of the Pennines into Scotland, overnight into Sunday. Slowly the mild air that brought the rain will win against the cold air from the east, and turn the snow back to rain.

Yep forecast is for heavy snow Saturday night/Sunday morning, think we are going to have the same problem at Belle Vue on Monday.

Being a first timer (but could become a regular if racing is good!) to Sheffield can someone let me know the best place to stand?

Inside the stadium I guess. :blink:

from the 3rd/4th bend you can also see into the pits and the view of the track is superb,i have stood there for 30 years (yes,i have been home in between!!).view from 1st/2nd bend is also very good,but the back straight has no cover-remember the world cup when it started raining?-and you cannot get back into the other sections (don't ask me why).ps/there is a morrisons overspill car park between thier main car park and B+Q where no one ever parks-apart from me!!

can we hold sean cracker today starting at 12, perfect sunny weather !

The weather is worrying me a bit, but as long as the rain does not come heavily I think we will be on for fantastic meeting.