British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

they did announce 2500, but its hard to tell how many exactly, also, i didn't get a free dvd, which if there where 2,500 there, then surely i should have recieved one too.

anyway, i'll probably buy one

I only got a DVD when i bought a program. It states the first 3,000 recieve a free DVD NOT the first 3,000 to buy a program (at £3 each!). I also never got an admission ticket just a raffel card thing.

Bit unfair this i think?

I also found most of the racing a bit bland with hardly any raing for the first half. Was an OK night though and dont mean to put a downer on things.

Obviously Nikki Pedersen has no use for a road bike so it was nice to see him throttle back & let Crump win it. Proof yet again what a top bloke he is, & the best rider by far today. :mad:

Nicki and Leigh going at it in heat 8 and Nicki's swoop around Scott in the final where the highlights for me.

haha so I've heard, good old Leigh :approve: ....... he gave as good as he got apparently?? Save some of that aggression for the GP's too!!

A very brave move by Pedersen around Scotty too, brave or crazy??? Good to watch nevertheless eh?

I take it someone videod it??

Good meeting - it was a 'cracker' - back straight open - made the day worthwhile in itself

Pedersen most entertaining rider on the day

Crump worthy winner

Pity the public didn't turn out in droves for this one - but hey that's speedway

I only got a DVD when i bought a program. It states the first 3,000 recieve a free DVD NOT the first 3,000 to buy a program (at £3 each!). I also never got an admission ticket just a raffel card thing.

Bit unfair this i think?

I don't think you needed to buy a program i just took one off the table

(before anyone says anything i did buy a program i just didnt see the DVD at the side :oops::P )

The admission ticket is the raffel card thing :P no expenses spared at sheffield :wink:

Shame about only 2500 i did expect more than that, but it was a brilliant night some top class racing on a top class track (even jason crump agree's) would be nice to see that every week!

Top 6 in finishing order:-

Adams, Crump, Nicholls, Pedersen, Stead, Wilson

Awwwwwww slight re-arrangement and you would of wished you'd put money on it :wink:

Pleased the meet finally happened ...

Please don't say you are turning into Jonathan Greene! :P

Obviously Nikki Pedersen has no use for a road bike so it was nice to see him throttle back & let Crump win it. Proof yet again what a top bloke he is, & the best rider by far today.  :mad:

LMAO, of course...

:blink::unsure::rolleyes:

Crump definitely a deserved winner, only dropping one point all night. Was a very enjoyable meeting IMHO, first visit to Owlerton in a long time, since I was about 3 foot tall i guess...! Nice stadium, not too impressed by the parking facilities though!

:blink:

The admission ticket is the raffel card thing  :P  no expenses spared at sheffield :wink:

Thats nothing mate-reminds me of dear old Colin at Exeter.

Always paid his riders wages on time in Truprint envelopes picked up at motorway services on his travels :) and the possible rain off tickets, for as long as I can remember, always said Belle Vue on them and werent handed out until the very last minute unless it looked a rain off could be possible( I still wonder where he got his hands on them as a job lot!!)-but was always accomodating to away fans that couldnt get back even if he sent Tony out to deal with the cash refunds -Bless him :)

Sounds like it was a great meeting and glad everyone that was there enjoyed themselves.

Apologies for butting in on these threads and reminiscing but Im really missing the start of the season and cant travel-you lucky blighters-Jealous as hell :unsure:

Edited by Nevsy

I don't think you needed to buy a program i just took one off the table

(before anyone says anything i did buy a program i just didnt see the DVD at the side  :oops:  :P )

The admission ticket is the raffel card thing  :P  no expenses spared at sheffield :wink:

Shame about only 2500 i did expect more than that, but it was a brilliant night some top class racing on a top class track (even jason crump agree's) would be nice to see that every week!

The rest of the gang all got paper admission tickets and they wernt telling u u could have a dvd without buying a program. I just went up 2 the stand and the person went 'thats £3 please' and handed me a dvd and program.

Ohh I dot know :rolleyes:

bugger, i thought you'd get the dvd when you went through the turnstile :oops:

i got a program, saw the dvd's, but just thought they were for sale :oops:

but who cares, it was still a great night

Bit unfair this i think?

I also found most of the racing a bit bland with hardly any raing for the first half. Was an OK night though and dont mean to put a downer on things.

I purchased my programme at the front turnstyles. IMO £3.00 for a 56 page coloured programme with plenty of good articles about Sean is excellent value for money. Go to a concert and for the equivalent you would have to pay at least a fiver. Also I was handed a DVD before I purchased my programme. There was nothing stopping me walking away without buying a programme.

IMO the racing was superb and it was nice to see some of the worlds best riding Sheffield how its meant to be ridden. Great nights entertainment and best wishes to Sean. Pity about his engine failure in his second heat.

excellent meeting well worth the trip over the tops.pedersen was his usual self running adams out in one heat but leigh showed he was made of sterner stuff by stuffing him back.crump showed he meant business as early as his first heat and was a worthy winner and i dont think any rider had a bad meeting,liked the look of young kyle (i think he will be an ace in a few seasons) :)

only down side was i thought sean deserved double the gate he had at least!