British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

Crumpie tantrum?

Sorry,I don't mean it to sound that way,I know I should not have put it,and my age shouldn't matter!

But I was very annoyed,I'll try to stop it happening again.

Credit where it is due Scotty. Well done :approve::)

Credit where it is due Scotty. Well done  :approve:  :)

Absolutely, couldn't agree more ML. Well done Scotty. :approve:

(Spoilt little brat deserves a clout round the ear'ole, I blame the parents) :x

Credit where it is due Scotty. Well done  :approve:  :)

Absolutely, couldn't agree more ML. Well done Scotty. :approve:

(Spoilt little brat deserves a clout round the ear'ole, I blame the parents) :x

I blame my parents too!

I find it amazing that this thread has run to 4 pages but only 3 posts have mentioned Colin Pratt uttering the same word last night when he knew perfectly well he was in camera range.

Is this double standards, some people being 2 faced or just a result of knock Crumpie for everything? I know which my money is on :-(

Maybe its because its the third time this season the word has been used on Sky. We're all getting used to it now! :P

The cameraman in question was NOT a Sky cameraman so all concerned please leave Sky out of it. The cameraman was being very intrusive. Jason had quietly gone aside, where he thought he was out of the limelight, to reflect and gather his thoughts. It's all well and good the cameraman following him, and even him being shown on TV (I'm sure Jason would expect that) but the cameraman should then have left him alone. He didn't he just stood there pointing the camera at him. This would be disconcerting at the best of times, but Jason was clearly very upset. A little respect, for a man who DOES have feelings, was called for, but was sadly missing.

I know I've quoted myself but I couldn't be bothered to write it again.:oops:

As for the swearing. Are we really going to start keeping count of who says what, and how many times? :roll: Why is it so bad that Jason and Colin swore, and even Ralf Schumacher, but it was funny when Hans swore? (which I thought it was by the way :lol: ) Have the people moaning or handing out admonition not heard swearing before? It's all around you. It's on just about every film rated 15 or above, and most TV shows after 9p.m. You hear it in the street, you hear it at work, the list goes on. At the end of the day, whether you like it or not, it's a part of modern day society in western culture. You can't stop it, and you can't change it. If you're that bothered I suggest you turn off the TV/Radio, switch off your mobile, unplug your PC, burn your books, and curl up in your bed for the duration of what's left of your lives. S41T happens, get over it!

(this is not aimed at anyone in particular, and I'm sorry if you think I've gone OTT but that's just my view)

;):P

As for the swearing.  Are we really going to start keeping count of who says what, and how many times?

Are we f**k. Er, oh, sorry......."one" :shy

I'm with you , Sully and Scotty.

You may be with them Addy but at least you don't post in such an offhand manner as Scotty does :x And please don't tell me to allow for their age. There are plenty of young people on here who can put their argument across without telling others to "keep their gob shut" :x

I was being no more "off hand" than some other people were in the other direction in this discussion!!!

Sorry if i offended anyone but i was offended by the horrible stuff being said about Crumpy!!!!

Please dont "allow for their age" as i can take anything you throw at me, 18 or 80!!!!

Id sat for a week just ignoring all the nasty comments about Jason and eventually i just had to reply!

Again sorry for any offence caused..................saying that, im sure all the people that offended me arent!

At least I have an excuse, I have Tourettes Syndrome. Even I get embarassed of that which comes out of my mouth sometimes. I think JC and I have a bit in common? I have changed my mind, I say live and let live, besides, I am always open to learning new words..... 8) Like I said CHK, dont mess with the Village of the Damned, um I mean the Junior Forumsters, they are tough! :?

In the defence of the camera man - he was doing his job, he's paid to get the shots that no one else dare to try. Jason knows that and he should have got in his van, although maybe he didn't realise he could do that. After all Grandad was still in the pits and couldn't help him with the harder things in life like that. ;-)

As a journalist myself we are always striving to bring the public what they want to see, Jason is a typical brat like character who gets off on being angry. I've seen it in the flesh before and he really needs to calm his temper sometimes. OK he was peeved at doing so badly but Scotty Nicholls faced the camera for an interview and he had a dreadful night. He's a true professional and someone that is a great example to the sport, oh and he's british. ;-)

Has anyone noticed that most of the people sticking up for Crumpy are from Manchester. Are you worried that if you say truth about Crumpy then he'll leave? Actually, you'd probably be better off! Joke!! :):)

He's played right into Sky's hands, whether it was intentional or not I dont know. Sky want to see a bit of bad behavour, it's good for viewing and it gets people talking. Look how often the Gollob/ Boyce incident was shown.

I think you are right on this point Maggie. After watching tonights GP i am getting sick and tired of every time there's a referees decision Millard says " That's a controversial decision " He does it every single time.It's as if they WANT controversy more than anything else. [ Bit like some of the immature prats on this forum lately sadly :x ]

By Kinky Knight: ....Scotty Nicholls faced the camera for an interview and he had a dreadful night. He's a true professional and someone that is a great example to the sport
..yeah, I thought he was VERY professional and a GREAT example when he laid into a fan who was barracking him at Lynn a couple of years ago !....He DOES seem to have grown out of that now though, I'd agree.

By Kinky Knight: As a journalist myself we are always striving to bring the public what they want to see
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah right....good one KK!!

By maggie: Sky want to see a bit of bad behavour, it's good for viewing and it gets people talking. Look how often the Gollob/ Boyce incident was shown.
Indeed - I suggested this on another thread and that the clip may now feature in their quickie-ads, and sure enough it did - course they cut it off before he told his mechanics to 'get the muck off' (his bike?) ;)[copyright 2003 danni Lynn Forum]

By Philip Addison: i am getting sick and tired of every time there's a referees decision Millard says " That's a controversial decision " He does it every single time.It's as if they WANT controversy more than anything else.
Quite - he's absolutely hopeless (with a vengeance) :lol:

Has anyone noticed that most of the people sticking up for Crumpy are from Manchester. Are you worried that if you say truth about Crumpy then he'll leave? Actually, you'd probably be better off! Joke!! :):)

No, kinky -

We just see him around more and therefore have a broader view of him - didn't you find that when he was at KL?

As for BV -

I'd look further than the riders for bad behaviour :x