British Speedway Forum

The only matter really certain is that teh weather in DAUGAVPILS will be bloody warmer in September than the last 2 days.

It certainly was an eye opener. The really nice part was seeing an old friend from my days as USA/Aussie manager when he was with teh Ruskies.

Nice compact all seating 6.500 capacity stadium.

Forget 3hrs by car. Its a terrible road from RIGA with loads of russian lorries.

Main road is just about ok but huge potholes everywhere.

The town is a very old Soviet style place. Only 1 decent hotel,that is now booked out. In fact it is very new only 6 months old right in the city centre.

RIGA on teh other hand is a mixture of PRAGUE/BERLIN/AMSTERDAM...what a place. Worth the visit alone, superb hotels, superb buildings and huge river. The night life...very "cosmopolitan"!!!

Booze and food very cheap.

It would be childish to suggest that Daugavpils is easy to get to...the problem is hotels.The older ones really are a hark back to the 1960's Soviet style.. and getting back by say rail is possible but I for one would not want to drive it again. thus we have changed all our pre-concieved planning.

Cannot recommend LATVIA highly enough,but concentrate on RIGA

A very full 2 days

Nice welcoming people and the bossman at the stadium has got us some of the best seats.

Brochure out in early january

The only matter really certain is that teh weather in DAUGAVPILS will be bloody warmer in September than the last 2 days.

It certainly was an eye opener. The really nice part was seeing an old friend from my days as USA/Aussie manager when he was with teh Ruskies.

Nice compact all seating 6.500 capacity stadium.

Forget 3hrs by car. Its a terrible road from RIGA with loads of russian lorries.

Main road is just about ok but huge potholes everywhere.

The town is a very old Soviet style place. Only 1 decent hotel,that is now booked out. In fact it is very new only 6 months old right in the city centre.

RIGA on teh other hand is a mixture of PRAGUE/BERLIN/AMSTERDAM...what a place. Worth the visit alone, superb hotels, superb buildings and huge river. The night life...very "cosmopolitan"!!!

Booze and food very cheap.

It would be childish to suggest that Daugavpils is easy to get to...the problem is hotels.The older ones really are a hark back to the 1960's Soviet style.. and getting back by say rail is possible but I for one would not want to drive it again. thus we have changed all our pre-concieved planning.

Cannot recommend LATVIA highly enough,but concentrate on RIGA

A very full 2 days

Nice welcoming people and the bossman at the stadium has got us some of the best seats.

Brochure out in early january

Brochure out in early january 1967 ??? :)))

Daugavpils is really beautiful town, it has many hotel, but not only one, the road from Riga is not so terrible as it described.

Daugavpils

Speedway in Daugavpils

Hotel in Daugavpils

I suggest you read my article again.

Daugavpils is a traditional city, of that there is no doubt.Anyone going there will certainly find it interesting. I was trying to highlight the qualities of RIGA which is truly a beautiful and modern city

As for teh hotels there are indeed several of varying standards. i am purely going on what I would be personally happy with for my clients.

As for the road....I just do not think it would be good sense for anyone without local knowledge to attempt teh road especially at night as to my experience it was scary.If they wish to go by rail that is indeed a good regular efficient service.

The stadium is centrally situated and easy to locate

You pays ya money and takes ya choice

I just looked at the hotel link suggested.

absolutely agree, that is a very good modern,clean,efficient,pleasant hotel with good restaurants and bar and staff who are helpful and professional.

Situated in teh very centre square near to everything, it is indeed an ideal base for all clients.

And that is the one we have booked !!!!!!

Hmmm....

James has also given some good up-to-date information for those who want to do the trip on their own.

Hey lads, its no reason to panic about hotels. I just wanna let you know, that there appeared 3 modern hotels (since WTC qualification round in may). One of them is very, very close to the stadium, its situated just one block away. So, this moment is nearly finished. Yeah, i agree Daugavpils is not Riga (our capital city), but dont worry about it, there are some worth visiting places here. And one thing is clear : nightlife is amazing here : 4 night clubs. One of them the biggest club in Latvia - Banzai :). Here you can find probably da best girls (women) .. just have some money to get a coctail for them.

Welcome in Daugavpils:)

Best regards,

Andrey.

smth. about Latvian GP

Dear Speedway Fans, On the 9th of September,

“Speedway Grand Prix of Latvia” invites you to Daugavpils, Latvia to the 9th Stage of the World Grand Prix - the first one in the history of Latvia.

We hope that you will like not only speedway itself, but our country and our town as well. We will do our best to receive all the guests on the high level and to provide them warm hospitable being in Latvia.

All the information about Grand Prix of Latvia (tickets booking and prices, hotels reservation, driving direction, etc) is possible to know contacting the organizer “Speedway Grand Prix of Latvia”

With best regards,

Vladimir Ribnikov, Administrative Direktor, Speedway Grand Prix of Latvia

Mob.phone: +371 9558830

Phone: +371 54 40580

Fax: +371 54 40581

E-mail: nivels@apollo.lv

Secretary Interpreter: Marija Tafinceva

Mob.phone: +371 6319666

Theese oficial information from the www.latvianspeedway.lv

Edited by jurx

hey lads,

LATVIAN SGP tickets :

VIP = 72 EUR

D = 50 EUR

C,E,F = 33 EUR

A,B,N,M,L,K,H,G = 26 EUR

New tribune (one the first bend) = 15 EUR

children (U-16) = 9 EUR

Stadium_RUS.jpg

Even though I won't be able to go to the Latvian GP personally I just thought it worth acknowledging the excellent stream of info coming from Latvia itself. A great help to anyone considering a trip - keep up the good work guys.

Rico :rolleyes:

Only £50 to be a VIP?! :o £10 for the cheap tickets :shock:

Bargin! How much is a flight to Latvia?

60notes each way with Flymo Ryan Air.

I don't come with any baggage Subby! :D