British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whowasthatberntpersson

Todd Wiltshire Return

Former World Number two Todd Wiltshire will make a sensational track return during two nights of racing at Pioneer Park in North Queensland.

Wiltshire has agreed to ride in the pre Christmas Speedway extravaganza on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th December.

Pioneer Park promoters/owners Shelly and Rhino Ryan are very excited at the prospect of seeing one of Australia's greatest riders back on track.

More big name riders are expected to sign up for the two nights of racing within the next couple of days.

It promises to be an absolute cracker with an abundance of Internationals.

More to follow shortly.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I did see that news earlier today WWTBP but didn't want to steal your thunder ;)

Any chance of whispering to me who else might be riding so I can decide whether to head north or west from Melbourne that weekend ?

All I can say at this stage is it may be well worth the long trip.

Negitiations are well underway with some very big names.

I was a bit slow off the mark with the release, can't post to yahoo at work...unfortunately.

Let me know if you decide to come up.

More confirmed starters for the two speedway extravagannza at Pioneer Park;

Troy Batchelor - QLD

Oliver Allen - England

Korey Williams - NSW

Sam Taylor - NZ

John Oliver - QLD

Michael Slade - NSW

Dave Booth - QLD

Any chance of Toddyboy coming to Parks testy.

Troy Batchelor - QLD

Oliver Allen - England

John Oliver - QLD

good to see the lynn assets out in force

Dave Watt now confirmed, so the lineup so far is;

Todd Wiltshire - NSW

Dave Watt - QLD

Troy Batchelor - QLD

Oliver Allen - England

Korey Williams - NSW

Sam Taylor - NZ

John Oliver - QLD

Michael Slade - NSW

Dave Booth - QLD

With plenty still to come.

Todd Wiltshire will be appearing at Pitstop Motorcycles in Townsville on Thursday afternoon between 1400-1500.

A media release has been arranged to promote Todd's return to speedway in conjunction with Pioneer Park Speedway's big two day event.

This Friday night will be a pairs event with the top local riders partnering visiting stars.

Then the following night its a free for all Individual event titled the North Queensland Solo Masters.

These meetings follow close on the heels of Saturday nights Queensland Championship which means Jason Doyle is out (suspected broken colar bone), Korey Williams had withdrawn previously whilst Troy Batchelor is frantically trying to sort out his machinery.

Meanwhile Trent Leverington who was not originally included in the lineup is keen to ride, although he will need to borrow machinery as his stuff was left in the UK.

Known starters are;

Dave Watt - QLD

Scott Smith - QLD

Todd Wiltshire - NSW

Troy Batchelor - QLD

Oliver Allen - England

Sam Taylor - NZ

John Oliver - QLD

Michael Slade - NSW

Trent Leverington - QLD ??

Ricky Barney - NQ

Scott Mckenna - NQ

Steven Reid - NQ

Mick O'Connor - NQ

Darren Stout - NQ

Roy Stout - NQ

Jeremy Linton - NQ

Todd Wiltshire made a very impressive return to speedway over the weekend.

The much publicised return was picked up by the local media with television and the local press present at Pitstop Motorcycles in Townsville on Thursday afternoon where Todd was interviewed, posed for photographs, signed autographs and chatted to many admirers.

His comeback commenced at Pioneer Park on Friday where he partnered rising New South Wales star Michael Slade in the pairs event, right frrom the off Todd's lightning quick reflexes were present and although he was headed during the night the class was still evident and the partnership went on to win the meeting.

On the second night of racing Todd stepped up a gear and rode to a faultless maximum in the North Queensland Solo Masters, comfortably beating the likes of Dave Watt and Troy Batchelor, riders fresh from a season in the UK.

The final event of the night was a gater's derby with four riders doing four one lap dashes, changing gate positions each time, the additional event didn't make it to round four because of mechanical problems but Todd had already wrapped it up by then.

It couldn't of gone any better for Todd, who was asked the "Will you be making a complete comeback?" question many times over the weekend.

The question remains unanswered although I don't think there will be any super quick committment to a complete track return, he's got a good job and is riding for fun at the moment, having said that I'd put pretty decent money on it happening eventually though, he looked far too good to be ignored.