British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sjw ministerofport

Travelodge Gp

The six month booking in advance for Travelodge rooms ends from today. You should be able to book for the gp from 1/12/05. I hope this helps, this is not official yet so just say you are checking if you are asked.

I have just had a quick look at the travel lodge website for Cardiff and it let me enter the dates for the gp but it said it was fully booked. So is it really fully booked or do I need to try again tomorrow?! Hoping it cant be fully booked if it doesnt let you book until tomorrow ;)

Its fully booked already you could have booked it before the 6 months as it allowed it but at £65 a night thats £15 a night more expensive than last year and still costs about £8 for a breakfast on top its a laugh.

Its cheaper to stay at the Marriot as you need to pay parking also at the travelodge

Yes. I waited for the red sticky to come off advising about the 6 month in advance restriction. When it did come off in mid November (12thish) it declared that it was fully booked. I rang the hotel direct and they confimed that it was fully booked. Just who booked it so quickly is a bit puzzling. Was there a list and an allowance for last years customers or has it been block booked for foreign package deals. A bit annoyed as I had waited since the date was confirmed. Even contacted Church Hotel which is run by Charlotte's Mam and Dad. In view of this week's exploits I am pleased I did not book there.

Eventually got accomodation at the new Holiday Inn Express, beside the Airport, on a good deal but hardly handy. Had tried to get in anywhere in Newport but apart from everything being fully booked up, I heard there was a lot of riff-raff lived there all year long.

:blink::blink:

Dave you not camping with me then down at the point? lovely sea view, personal taxi to take you there! and only £5 a night!!

Even contacted Church Hotel which is run by Charlotte's Mam and Dad. In view of this week's exploits I am pleased I did not book there.

You ought to look at Tripadvisor- there are only three reviews of Church Hotel and they all state that it's "awful" :shock:

What did you mean by "this week's exploits"?

Edited by Timbo

You ought to look at Tripadvisor- there are only three reviews of Church Hotel and they all state that it's "awful" :shock:

What did you mean by "this week's exploits"?

Charlottes mum has been in 'unwell', at a guess?

Edited by Markone

Have anybody tried the royal hotel near the train station it only opened this August, i have booked in there buts theres no car park. Does anybody know what car parks are near there where you can leave youre car for overnight parking

Have anybody tried the royal hotel near the train station it only opened this August, i have booked in there buts theres no car park. Does anybody know what car parks are near there where you can leave youre car for overnight parking

there is an ncp car park behind the travel lodge - right by the station too!

MK1

Unlike you, I am not into 'camping'. :D Loitering intent is not me.

Timbo

Why were the reviews awful, was someone singing. Gorgeous looking but. The events I refered to was the alledged overdose attempt by her mother.

Think ive been lucky tryin to book the travelodge, ive managed to get on in the centre and it was sayin there was 3 other with rooms, that was at the end of last month just in case anyone else needs rooms.

Edited by Vicster

Yes. I waited for the red sticky to come off advising about the 6 month in advance restriction. When it did come off in mid November (12thish) it declared that it was fully booked. I rang the hotel direct and they confimed that it was fully booked. Just who booked it so quickly is a bit puzzling. Was there a list and an allowance for last years customers or has it been block booked for foreign package deals. A bit annoyed as I had waited since the date was confirmed. Even contacted Church Hotel which is run by Charlotte's Mam and Dad. In view of this week's exploits I am pleased I did not book there.

Eventually got accomodation at the new Holiday Inn Express, beside the Airport, on a good deal but hardly handy. Had tried to get in anywhere in Newport but apart from everything being fully booked up, I heard there was a lot of riff-raff lived there all year long.

:blink:  :blink:

People book 12 months in advance, when they go to the GP.

I have gone to the Holiday Inn Express at Newport, as I didn't fancy the airport position, but probably ok. I had to pay more for the Newport one, to book rooms through another website, as the Holiday Inn Express site had no direct bookings left. I went to the Newport one last year, as it is not far to travel to the meeting at Newport on the Sunday, which was worth the visit.

seanisnumber1

We usually stay at a hotel in Newport for the same reasons as you. This year we decided to try for a Cardiff hotel and could not get in leaving only the Travelodge option. When that closed off we went back and the Newport hotel was also fully booked. :(

Can vouch for the Newport Holiday Express Hotel as I have stayed there when we have had a doubler at Newport. All booked now and will have to get a provisional booking earlier for 2007.

seanisnumber1

We usually stay at a hotel in Newport for the same reasons as you. This year we decided to try for a Cardiff hotel and could not get in leaving only the Travelodge option. When that closed off we went back and the Newport hotel was also fully booked. :(

Can vouch for the Newport Holiday Express Hotel as I have stayed there when we have had a doubler at Newport. All booked now and will have to get a provisional booking earlier for 2007.

:blink:  :blink:

May see you there sometime then.