British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Travel Information: British Speedway Grand Prix -

The Welsh Assembly's traffic information centre, Traffic Wales has access to

CCTV cameras on the routes approaching Cardiff and can provide journey

planning advice and live traffic reports on the day of the event.

Visit: www.traffic-wales.com or call 0845 6026020

The South Wales section of the website carries event specific travel advice

which we trust will be useful to those attending.

Please feel free to publish the above via website, message boards etc.

We hope spectators enjoy their day in Cardiff.

Andy Wainwright

Traffic Wales

You will find travel info on http://www.traffic-wales.com/ such as.....

Cars

Leave M4 at Junction 33 (A4232) and follow signs to park and ride sites.

Parking charge (inclusive of shuttle bus) £ 5.00 per vehicle.

Too of my friends used the park and ride for the FA Cup final and they said it was really easy loads of spaces and the buses were running regular into Cardiff apparently Park & Ride is about 5 miles from the stadium hmmmmm or did she say 5 mins ...... anyway she was pleased with it as the year before they parked in the multi storey and got locked in! :cry:

A dilemna ; staying in Bridgend, I'm in two minds whether to take the car into Cardiff, and face the inevitable parking problems, or take the train and have the chance of a couple of drinks (only a couple ; I'm in charge of 3 kids :cry: ).

Problem is, it seems the last train back to Bridgend is 11pm, the previous one being 10pm. Is the last train likely to be over-crowded ? Is there a chance that we might not get on it ? What's the alternative if we miss it ?(Don't fancy a 20 mile walk).

Can anyone with local knowledge or anyone who has travelled this way after either of the last 2 GPs give any advice ?

Thanks.

A dilemna ; staying in Bridgend, I'm in two minds whether to take the car into Cardiff, and face the inevitable parking problems, or take the train and have the chance of a couple of drinks (only a couple ; I'm in charge of 3 kids  :cry: ).

Problem is, it seems the last train back to Bridgend is 11pm, the previous one being 10pm.  Is the last train likely to be over-crowded ?  Is there a chance that we might not get on it ?  What's the alternative if we miss it ?(Don't fancy a 20 mile walk).

Can anyone with local knowledge or anyone who has travelled this way after either of the last 2 GPs give any advice ?

Thanks.

Sloop, what about booking seats on that train :?:

Thanks Joanne, I'll try that.

And thanks SCORPIO.

Seats may be Few and Far between at this stage, as with most events at the Millenium Stadium, Trains are very busy in and around the Cardiff area.

I'm going to be giving First Great Western and Wales & Borders Train companies a ring tomorrow at work on the internal phone.

I will also get details of Last Trains From Cardiff and will post them here.

A dilemna ; staying in Bridgend, I'm in two minds whether to take the car into Cardiff, and face the inevitable parking problems, or take the train and have the chance of a couple of drinks (only a couple ; I'm in charge of 3 kids  :cry: ).

Problem is, it seems the last train back to Bridgend is 11pm, the previous one being 10pm.  Is the last train likely to be over-crowded ?  Is there a chance that we might not get on it ?  What's the alternative if we miss it ?(Don't fancy a 20 mile walk).

Thanks.

PLAN B:

Carry one child on your shoulders (asleep) with the other two half asleep by your side. :);)

Last Trains From Cardiff Central.

2130 (WE) To Warminster, calling at Newport, Severn Tunnel Junction, Patchway, Bristol Parkway, Filton Abbey Wood, Bristol Temple Meads then Stations to Warminster.

2145 (WB) To Fishguard Harbour, calling at Pontyclun®, Pencoed®, Bridgend, Pyle, Port Talbot Parkway, Baglan, Briton Ferry, Neath, Skewen, Llansmet, Swansea and Stations to Carmarthen and Fishgaurd Harbour.

2150 (WB) To Hereford, calling at Newport, Cwmbran then Stations to Hereford.

2153 (WB) To Merthyr Tydfil, calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd then Stations to Merthyr Tidfil.

2200 (GW) To Swansea, calling at Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath and Swansea.

2210 (WB) To Rhymney, calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Heath High Level, Llanishen, Lisvane & Tnhill, Caerphilly, Aber then Stations to Rhymney.

2231 (WB) To Treherbert, calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd then Stations to Treherbert.

2300 (GW) To Swansea, calling at Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath and Swansea.

0001 (WB) To Craven Arms, calling at Newport, Cwmbran then Stations to Craven Arms.

0020 (GW) To Swansea, calling at Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath and Swansea.

Other Last Trains

Maesteg, 2200 Swansea service and Change at Bridgend for Bus.

Aberdare, 2014 and Change at Pontypridd.

London Paddington, 2050 and Change at Bath Spa.

Last Trains to Newport

2220 (WB) Gloucester Service.

2335 (WB)

0001 (WB) Craven Arms Service.

® Request Stop, Intending Passengers should notify Train Crew before departure from Cardiff Central.

(GW) First Great Western operated Service

(WB) Wales & Borders operated Service.

(WE) Wessex Trains operated Service.

Excellent Scorpio. Anyone would think you worked for a train operator or something ;)

Oh, Joanne. PLAN C There will be 3 of them and only one of me. They can do the carrying :D

Excellent Scorpio. Anyone would think you worked for a train operator or something ;)

Oh, Joanne. PLAN C There will be 3 of them and only one of me. They can do the carrying :D

Yes, but you want on the train, don't you? If you look like you're struggling with 3 very tired kids everyone will make way for you and let you on the train first. Brilliant :approve: