British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tarabanko

Rune Holta Threathed To Life

Spoke to Rune yesterday, and the sole reason for him to "come out" the way he did on the press conference was that the management of Czestochowa went public with a statement that "Rune wants silly money" to re-sign for Czestochowa. At this point death treaths from the fans started to pop up in his Guestbook.

Rune felt that this was utterly wrong as he hadn`t asked for MUCH more money in Czestochowa, he just demanded two things; no Sebastian Ulamek, and "pay me the money you owe me for 2005". Rune did NOT want the fans to think that dispute over money was the reason he left Czestochowa.

The reason for not wanting Ulamek in the same team has already been answered in this thread.

About the death treaths; this is something solely from his guest book which a local journalist has picked up. AFAIK Rune has not recieved any threats from fans, and AFTER the press-conference he has gotten a lot of praise from the local fans, whom will always have a special part in Runes heart. Runes good relationship with the fans was one of the reasons he wanted to stay, but when the management went BEHIND HIS BACK and signed Ulamek, and when his payments failed to tick into his account, Rune saw no other way than to change clubs.

AFAIK Rune is not the only riders Czestochowa owes money.

After all this Rune has lost both his mechanics (and also one of his new mechanics) due to club matters in Czestochowa (long story, no need to bring it up here), and he has lost all his Czestochowa sponsors. Does anyone still think this matter is all about money?

One last thing that I want say; Rune has NEVER recommended Czestochowa to Lee Richardson! This is something the club has made up when they found out Rune didn`t wanted to sign for the club.

Does anyone still think this matter is all about money?

Well, let's take a look at today's extremely interesting press conference with Czestochowa team directors (my, not perfect, translation of the news placed at official site):

Today, during a press conference at The Dolcan Hotel, the CKM management refuted Holta's pleas announced by Rune last time. This meeting has been postponed a few times becouse banks needed some time to collect all of required documents confirmating account transfers (which costed the club about 850 PLN).

At the very beggining of this meeting, the director of a club - Marian Maslanka - strongly accented that having the club's ant the rider's welfare in his mind he had never mentioned to announce all of the contract details to the public. However, disreputing the club pushed him to prove it's guiltlessness.

All of gathered journalists had a chance to take a look at documents proving that all transfers to Holta's account took place punctual, in time.

Holta earned the amount of 156 080 Euro in total (all 2005 season), not including all travels from airport (about 15 000 PLN) and all hotel accomodations (8 000 PLN). 3/4 of that sum he was paid during a season, and 1/4 of it was planned to pay after season. Last installment (10 000 Euro) was transfered to the Holta's account a few days before appointment at 13th of december. On that day Holta was shown the document confirming money transfer and he signed an affirmation of having all of required money, which was sent to The Polish Automobile & Motorcycle Federation.

Suddenly/surprisingly all money that club had sent returned. Club efforted to send it again 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd of december (all of this is confirmed by bank documents) but money returned every time, again and again. Finally it turned out that all problems was caused by Holta's problems with bank account (some matters with taxes that Holta didn't settle due to lack of time).

Holta was also the only one in CKM team who did not give up on 'start guarantee' (money paid no matter if the meeting/match takes place or not) paid for the Czestochowa - Zielona Gora meeting cancelled due to John Paul II death.

Rune wanted 8 900 PLN for riding in Idzikowski & Czerny Memorial, while total meeting income was 17 940 PLN.

Another matter pointed by CKM direcotrs was Holta claim: “there’s 20 000 spectators around the stadium and the club has no money to pay riders”. To prove it’s wrong directors presented the exact calculations: average 7 656 spectators at one match, total tickets income 1 229 556 PLN (whole season), and 1 621 496 PLN including season tickets. So it turnes out that only one rider (Holta) costed more than 40% of that amount.

Marian Maslanka told also about all appointments taking place 5th of october, 5th of november, 23rd of december and during christmas. There were 5 of this appointments, and some CKM directors were involved (Jacek Orlikowski, Ryszard Bozek, Lech Malagowski)

Rune wanted 64% more money than in 2005 season and been told it’s impossible. After that there were 2 more appointments including senator Lasecki with brother who tried to make some agreement with Rune and decrease his demands, but Holta claimed that he was offered that 64% more money by 2 other clubs.

After an appointment at 29th of december it seemed they had finally made an agreement but a few hours later Rune called and informed that he’s not interested. “Calculating all of conditions offered to Rune I think it was a very good offer. I’m really sorry that he’s out of Czestochowa becouse he’s a quality and spectacular rider. He seemed to be also very nice during our appointments. It’s a pity that it was just a waste of time. I’m suprised with his accusations during last press conference when he wasn’t as nice as earlier.”

Press conference was ended with the club’s director: “ I hope it’s not our last conference that type. We wanted to create a new tradition of saying ‘good-bye’ to riders, unfortunatelly it went totally wrong and the club was disreputed. It’s our final reply on accusations. I think we’ve defended our version of events. All of this 7 years of Holta riding in Czestochowa has left a plenty of happy moments thanks to his riding. Let’s hope these will be the only ones to remember”.

www.ckmwlokniarz.pl

...Holta was also the only one in CKM team who did not give up on 'start guarantee' (money paid no matter if the meeting/match takes place or not) paid for the Czestochowa - Zielona Gora meeting cancelled due to John Paul II death.

....Rune wanted 8 900 PLN for riding in Idzikowski & Czerny Memorial, while totalmeeting income was 17 940 PLN.

It looks as though Czestochowa's management went for a kill. :-(... and I won't believe a word of it untill I hear Holta's statement.

It certainly seems like a damning indictment of Mr Holta that his former club have prepared.

As they say, there are always two sides to every story, and I think that it would be interesting to hear Rune's retaliation, but I suspect that this will not be put into the public domain. Some things are better left alone, and Rune would probably be well advised just to walk away with his head held high and forget about the PR stunts that his former club are throwing out. :neutral:

In fairness, it looks as if Holta "started" the PR stunts. My guess is he'll fight fire with fire. It's all rather inelegant.

Not convinced that he started the PR stunts...at worst you could say that he was asked why he left the club and he gave his reasons. I guess that Czestochowa could maybe just say that they were giving their side as well.

One suspects that the "stunts" were, as usual, instigated by the press and both sides would be well advised to walk away now...as you say, very inelegant.

A year ago it was reported that the deal Tarnow made with Trick and Tomasz G. enabled them to earn as much as 200k USD. Holta is pretty close to that with his 156k EUR. Now thats a s""tload of money. 20*6*1=120 min of actual doing and a year of preparation. For Holta???

Should they now appoint Holta as the highest paid sportsman in Poland? :)

Edited by f-s-p

Should they now appoint Holta as the highest paid sportsman in Poland?  :)

No chance !

Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's and Poland's football national team goalkeeper tops

the table with earning of 2 500 000 British Punds.

Tomasz Gollob, with 260 000 GBP has been ranked as the 38th highest earner in Polish sport. The other speedway riders in the top 100 are Jarek Hampel - 55 (176 000 GBP), Piotr Protasiewicz - 60 (148 000 GBP), Rune Holta - 68 (126 000 GBP) and Janusz Kolodziej - 98 (75 000 GBP )

Suddenly/surprisingly all money that club had sent returned. Club efforted to send it again 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd of december (all of this is confirmed by bank documents) but money returned every time, again and again. Finally it turned out that all problems was caused by Holta's problems with bank account (some matters with taxes that Holta didn't settle due to lack of time).

www.ckmwlokniarz.pl

HAHAHA! That is a good one :-)

Another matter pointed by CKM direcotrs was Holta claim: “there’s 20 000 spectators around the stadium and the club has no money to pay riders”. To prove it’s wrong directors presented the exact calculations: average 7 656 spectators at one match, total tickets income 1 229 556 PLN (whole season), and 1 621 496 PLN including season tickets. So it turnes out that only one rider (Holta) costed more than 40% of that amount.

www.ckmwlokniarz.pl

Polish clubs NEVER produce the correct spectators number. Many a club has been under investigation on that issue.

I think the saying, "There's three sides to every story" implies here. Both sides are in some ways to "blame". So let's not make Holta into a holy cow and vice-versa.

HAHAHA! That is a good one :-)

Polish clubs NEVER produce the correct spectators number. Many a club has been under investigation on that issue.

Hey Rune! took you long enough... :wink:

I just need to comment on this, as it is utter crap. Rune, as most of the top riders runs his own company. He uses the same bank-account for all his money transfers, from the Swedish League, open meetings, Polish League, sponsors etc. Now do anyone believe that there was anything wrong with this account, as long as it was ONLY the money from Czestochowa that supposedly bounced???

Czestochowa management is so full of crap, and the club will have a poor future if they don`t change them.