British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

Psz Poznan

Are they new to the league this year in division 2 ?

Where is the track located in Poznan ? is it at the following . .

http://www.olimpia.org.pl/

If so that looks an impressive sized stadium, with a big track.

Does the speedway club have its own website ?

My reason for asking asking is that the Sunday following the Bydgoszcz GP, I understand that PSZ will be racing at home, thus a visit to a new track on the Sunday before flying to Luton on Monday from Poznan ! (that is of course if there is no extraleague play-off action close by)

http://www.pszpoznan.pl/podstrony.php?id_strony=7

..in Polish only but yes - pics show that it is this stadium.

They are new to Division 2.

Thanks MK - I knew you'd be able to confirm !

20,000 seater stadium it looks pretty impressive.

I'll have to see how the play-offs go but at least I have options now.

Thanks again.

20,000 seater stadium it looks pretty impressive.

Yeah but I guess that some parts of it are rubbish. One of big stadiums built under communist regime for borrowed money and then neglected throughout years...

Are they new to the league this year in division 2 ?

yes, they are new club in Division Two

Where is the track located in Poznan ? is it at the following . .

http://www.olimpia.org.pl/

yes, they are going to use the Olimpia Stadium track

the postal addres is: 60-622 Poznan, ul.Warminska 1

The stadium was built in 1954 and its capacity is 20 000

If so that looks an impressive sized stadium, with a big track.

the track length is 397 meters, width - 12,1 meters, bends' width - 15 meters

track record: 67,84 s - Lukasz Jankowski - 23.10.2005

Does the speedway club have its own website ?

yes, they have : www.pszpoznan.pl

where all information given here have been taken from

By the way, why don't you fly direct to and from Bydgoszcz by Ryanair?

...and a very decent line-up for a 2 div. team:

Anders Andersen (Dania)

Klaus Jacobsen (Dania)

Mads Korneliussen (Dania)

Rene Schaefer (Niemcy)

Andrzej Huszcza - 1,179 - Ekstraliga

Adam Skórnicki - 1,145 - Ekstraliga

Sławomir Dudek - 2,281

Robert Umiński - 1,387

Łukasz Loman

Daniel Pytel - 0,500 - Ekstraliga

Rafał Krygiel - 0,270

Piotr Dziatkowiak - 1,462

By the way, why don't you fly direct to and from Bydgoszcz by Ryanair?

Not meaning to speak for PapaB, but I'd imagine considerations were

a ) price , b ) Ryanair can't seem to make their minds up on what time their plane is going to depart Stansted. See the Bydgoszcz Tickets thread in the GP section for the latest ETA of flights :lol: and of course c ) Poznan is a lovely place to visit.

Poznan is certainly under consideration for the Sunday after the GP, but it does depend on the E-liga play-off meetings.

Rico :rolleyes:

Not meaning to speak for PapaB, but I'd imagine considerations were

a ) price , b ) Ryanair can't seem to make their minds up on what time their plane is going to depart Stansted. See the Bydgoszcz Tickets thread in the GP section for the latest ETA of flights  :lol: and of course c ) Poznan is a lovely place to visit.

Poznan is certainly under consideration for the Sunday after the GP, but it does depend on the E-liga play-off meetings.

Rico  :rolleyes:

Why thankyou Rico, your assumptions are pretty much spot on !

I was on the Ryanair out 'n back Friday to Sunday, it all got costly & messy, plus we wanted to add a.n.other to our party, so we canned the ryanair flights and 2 of us re-routed to Wizzair into Poznan from Luton at 60 notes per person return. The rest of the CIMSTV gang are also re-routed to Poznan but Ryanair still. As you know we'd done Poznan before using the infamous airpolonia.com 2 years ago, so the routing and train travel is no issue.

Hotels are 'a plenty' in Poznan, and its a town centre I've yet to explore so why not, it fits in with our Monday return.

It also makes the GP weekend a bit of an adventure, out and back into Bydgoszcz whilst convenient (or not so as the case may be for some, thanks to Ryanairs antics now) is not the same unless you have a bit of 1st class PKP thrown in !

Not to say that an out 'n back to Byd for a BKS Polonia v KS Apator Torun derby match would be out the question at some time this year.

As you point out though the e-liga play offs on the 24th may influence another location for the Sunday. The options are plentiful nowadays.

Not to say that an out 'n back to Byd for a BKS Polonia v KS Apator Torun derby match would be out the question at some time this year.

I must be paying you too much Papa ! :)

I must be paying you too much Papa ! :)

Your shout :wink:

btw its Weds May 3rd Bydgoszcz v Torun (out Tuesday back Thursday for £47.98 rtn inc taxes)

or

stay in Poland for the GP at Wroclaw on the 6th, then either Torun, Leszno, Rzeszow or Rybnik on the 7th with flight options back from anywhere in Poland on Monday the 8th .................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stay in Poland for the GP at Wroclaw on the 6th, then either Torun, Leszno, Rzeszow or Rybnik on the 7th with flight options back from anywhere in Poland on Monday the 8th .................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Where are you getting your fixtures from Papa B ? All the lists I have seen have Leszno away on 7 May.

RKM Rybnik - Unia Leszno

CKM Włókniarz Częstochowa - BTŻ Polonia Bydgoszcz

Marma Polskie Folie Rzeszów - Atlas Wrocław

Adriana Toruń - Unia Tarnów ŻSSA

We are looking at going to the Ostrow - Zielona Gora match.

Interestingly, the original plan for Rico and I had us travelling to Bydgoszcz to take in the Torun match before heading for the GP in Wroclaw....Somehow we ended up going from the biggest meeting of the day with, no doubt, the most amazing crowd to the smallest meeting of the day with probably just us in attendance....assuming that Krakow are even still running by then! :o

Given Ryanair's uncertain flight time how happy would you have been to arrive in Bydgoszcz AFTER the big derby match ?

It'll be the first time I have been to Krakow in about 18 months and it's about time I reunited myself with the place, albeit for one night only.

Where are you getting your fixtures from Papa B ? All the lists I have seen have Leszno away on 7 May.

RKM Rybnik - Unia Leszno

CKM Włókniarz Częstochowa - BTŻ Polonia Bydgoszcz

Marma Polskie Folie Rzeszów - Atlas Wrocław

Adriana Toruń - Unia Tarnów ŻSSA

We are looking at going to the Ostrow - Zielona Gora match.

Rico  :rolleyes:

Yep you're right ! Leszno are away, Czestochowa is the 4th home venue. All do-able if you pick and choose wisely your departure airport.

Are you 2 out for the week in early May ?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that it was a bad decision.... :)

I am bloody thankfully that I don't have to worry about Ryanair for that trip as well...

As for the original subject, Poznan, I would be quite happy to take in their meeting on the Sunday after Bydgoszcz if there wasn't anything massive EL-wise in the immediate area....and B52 hasn't bought too many crazy shots after the GP to make me feel ill the next day :P:D