British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Andy Smith Testimonial

Just out of curiosity, if Robbo is now fit again why hasn't he returned to the Rockets line-up for this weekend's matches?

Maybe the same reason that Billy Hamill missed an Oxford meeting last season while he rode in Wolverhampton's Olympique: To test his fitness!!

Yeah, it was a decent meeting and a good afternoon. Pleased for Andy :)

Crumpy rode at 60%, which kept the meeting fair :P and I'm guessing Steady was trying something new with his bikes - it certainly worked, whatever it was.

Great to see Robbo riding again.

Nice to see Olly scoring well away from Brandon, it's been a while ! :P

Congratulations to today's organizers.

Nope. As Lee Smethills is only a temp injury replacement, once Robbo is fit, he can go back into the team in place of Smethills regardless of averages.

anyone have pictures from the meeting?

I haven't, Azhdy, but I can offer you this extract from todays Manchester Evening News:

Aces' star Simon Stead showed he was in the mood for the final crunch by winning the Andy Smith Testimonial meeting at Kirkmanshulme Lane last night.

Stead won his five qualifying rides and then stormed to victory in the final ahead of teammate and World champion Jason Crump, Aussie Travis McGowan, and Mark Loram, the 2000 World champion.

Smith, who started his career at Belle Vue in 1982, said: "I was happy with the way the meeting went and with the attendance.

"When we picked this date way back at the start of the season there was nothing much else happening but, by the time we got here, there were all sorts of sporting events going on.

"Consequently, I was very happy with the turn-out. It made a lot of hard work worth the effort."

I think Steve Dixon or another guy may have some pics. Leave with me and I'll try to dig out their addresses.

Ron.

OK Azhdy, try these two adresses:

www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

www.mike-patrick.com

Both Steve and Mike are regular pic men at Kirky Lane so one of them should be putting some online shortly, if not already there.

Regards, Ron.

Guest Steve Dixon
OK Azhdy, try these two adresses:

www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

www.mike-patrick.com

Both Steve and Mike are regular pic men at Kirky Lane so one of them should be putting some online shortly, if not already there.

Regards,  Ron.

Think you mean Ian Charles(Conkers) http://www.iancharlesphotos.net

Edited by Steve Dixon

Think you mean Ian Charles(Conkers)  http://www.iancharlesphotos.net

Azhdy - Steve's right, Ian Charles is the other guy. NOT Mike Patrick.

Steve - Thanks for the correction, me old mate, hope all is well with you.

Haven't seen much from you lately. Of course it could be that my two remaining LGCs are letting me down - again. I take it you are still 'flashing' here and there :)

Ron.