British Speedway Forum

It's the neutral venue/fair for all riders thing of course Tabby :approve:

And the "we want to witness a World Final equivalent meeting at our home track" syndrome ....... I am suffering from it! lol

Edited by Trees

Do you have the benefit of foresight? How can you judge before the meeting has even taken place?  :rolleyes:

I'm not judging the meeting before it's happened!!! But you must admit the Poole riders taking part will have an advantage over the rest of the field before the meeting has even started :rolleyes: . Unless of course someone up there says otherwise. :P

Will never be at Lynn whilst Sky televise it. The tractor wouldn't be allowed out after every race :P

Bazaar

When was the last time you went to the Norfolk Arena my friend? Buster Chapman has done the stadium up. If Bjarne Pedersen and KK dont get in the final tomorrow evening it will be a big shock with their big home track advantage. 

Dont bother going people you will be lucky to see more than 5 passing manouevres in 20 races stay at home and watch it on telly.

To be fair I have never been there, but see pictures and videos of it, but never noticed it had ben done up.

Still you do get some good meetings at Poole, and I think this will be one of them.

I'm not judging the meeting before it's happened!!! But you must admit the Poole riders taking part will have an advantage over the rest of the field before the meeting has even started :rolleyes: .  Unless of course someone up there says otherwise. :P

Nope..as I said 9 of the 16 are current or ex-Poole and it's very rare for a Poole rider to get a maximum these days. We don't have such a great home advantage as you might think. It wouldn't surprise me to see a top 3 with no Poole representation. Fully expect Crump to win it and if any Pirate is going to do anything you might see Bjarne in the final but to win it? Not so sure...much as I'd love one of our lot to do it.

i go to speedway for good racing, not for the most comfy seats to sit on in the warm grandstand  :rolleyes:

and by the way, for once listen to Vincent Vega ... Buster Chapman owns the STADIUM, not just the promotion, more than Poole can manage TheFinger.gif

Yes, and nearly 99 times out of 100 I go to Poole, I see good racing and rarely a dull moment and its a great place with a great atmosphere.

Tbh I wouldnt care, if Reg Varney owned our stadium, I didnt see Kings Lynn making any offers to host any important meetings this year and thats probably down to lack of funding and probably a lack of atmosphere compared to Poole who I guess can manage.... ELRC's and World Cup's.

So has Buster got an air-fence then ?

Because he'd certainly need one for this meeting :P

And IF it had been at KL, surely it would just be transferring 'home advantage' to Nicki, Crump and Adams :blink:

As for Somerset...yeah, fantastic track...but no place for a meeting like this.

Sadly I will not be making my way down to Dorset for this after all. I took a long hard look at my finances and after yesterdays speedway, I just cannot afford the required £200+ needed to go.

It's a real shame as I was looking forward to visiting the area again and meeting up with old friends but needs must......

Hope everyone has a good,safe meeting with some excellent racing.

As for Somerset...yeah, fantastic track...but no place for a meeting like this.

As much as I love watching the racing at Somerset, i agree. There is no way that "arena" (as it's not a stadium by any strech of the imagination) could cope with as many fans as the ELRC will get! the banking is dangerous if you're not stood up the top, with ELRC sized crowds people would be sliding down the banking all night! However, stick the track in Brandon Stadium/Wimbourne Road and you have one hell combination!

I'm looking forward to watching the ELRC with my friends,

a curry,

and several bottles of wine :)

(between us - of course :lol: )

Happy Easter!

For those travelling.............its a beautiful morning down here.Almost cloudless sky

Looking across at the stadium,I can see that staff are already busying themselves.Mind you,that could be the clearing up from last nights dog meeting!

The Sky tv crew are certainly around and about.

Safe journey to one and all.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Cheers for the weather update Bob C we're going to be leaving here at about 9-00am. Speak to you later......

Hope this is a good meeting, as I dont usually get to watch them all live, usually on the replays the next day, but it is on before Coronation Street today lol, so my mam cant complain lol.

So, my prediction is....

1. J Crump

2. B Pedersen

3. N Pedersen

4. L Adams

1. H. Andersen

2. J. Crump

3. B. Pedersen

4. N. Pedersen

as for Somerset, i have to agree...... but it has been said we have the best track in the whole counrty :) But yes, the facilites aren't there for an event like this... still i can continue dreaming :)