British Speedway Forum

I didnt see Kings Lynn making any offers to host any important meetings this year

'cough' British U21 Final 'cough' :rolleyes:

Edited by stevehone

'cough' British U21 Final 'cough'  :rolleyes:

cough cough I said major competitions cough cough stand corrected cough cough :blink:B)

Sadly I will not be making my way down to Dorset for this after all. I took a long hard look at my finances and after yesterdays speedway, I just cannot afford the required £200+ needed to go.

It's a real shame as I was looking forward to visiting the area again and meeting up with old friends but needs must......

Hope everyone has a good,safe meeting with some excellent racing.

I dont blame you at all crazysue.

The prices to watch speedway from individual GPs down to conference league are becoming more and more farcical each year.

I doubt the BSPA, take anything like travel, food and large family costs into an account and they need some sort of a better discount system to encourage more families to come and watch speedway like kids for free etc instead having to pay 14 pound or a week or in this case 34 pound for a couple of adults and I think is it 20 pound for kids or something like that.

Its beginning to become a joke. :mad:

cough cough I said major competitions cough cough stand corrected cough cough  :blink:  B)

Beg to differ there Bazaar.

It is a MAJOR meeting,and is regarded an important stepping stone.

When it was held regularly at the dear departed Canterbury Speedway,it was a wonderful day out.Other than the World Final,it was always the meeting that I looked forward to most.

I agree it seems to have lost some of its prestige lately,but I am sure that Kings Lynn will do their best to bring it back.

BobC

Well thats a fair enough of an opinion and I personally like watching the younger riders as you do get closer racing then league, but if your going to call that a major competition on the world stage, then the poles and swedes could say their under 21s is a major competition or the finns saying their national competition is the biggest event in speedway etc.

Really I would say any major copetition in the world would be GPs, World Cup, GP qualifying, WU21 final etc.

By your argument bizaar3, can we really class the ELRC as a "major" competition? I doubt it.

Sorry if this has already been asked (yes I am too lazy to trawl through the 12 pages, lol) but is this just a 20 heat meting or have we semi finals and finals to worry about?

Pete

Sorry if this has already been asked (yes I am too lazy to trawl through the 12 pages, lol) but is this just a 20 heat meting or have we semi finals and finals to worry about?

Pete

Think it's 16 heats (5 rides each) and then the top 4 through to the final.

When it was held regularly at the dear departed Canterbury Speedway,it was a wonderful day out.

Wonderful memories of those meetings with PeterCollins, Michael Lee, and Chris Morton amongst the winners. :approve:

Think it's 16 heats (5 rides each) and then the top 4 through to the final.

That doesn't calculate Bud, you need 20 heats for all 16 riders to have 5 rides. :wink:

The Easter bunny ( :wink: ) said 'semi' so i'm guessing it will be top 2 straight to the Final and then the next 4 in a semi with the top 2 in that also progressing, as in the Sean Wilson Testimonial...

By your argument bizaar3, can we really class the ELRC as a "major" competition? I doubt it.

Why cant noone of this forum actually get my name right.

Its not bizaar, or bazar3, its actually bazaar3(oh why should I be taken seriously with a stupid name like that anyway).

I would personally consider any meeting which has nearly all the worlds top elite to be a major meeting, so although there not as major, riders championships and gold bar meetings to be near enough major.

Anyway, the point is Poole hosts comptitions like World Cups, and Kings Lynn probably never unless BSI buys off Buster Douglas. :wink:

In the end it's going to be armchair speedway for me today :(

1... Bjarne

2... Scott

3... Grumpie

Bin :wink:

Think I will make a proper prediction since Im going to see this one but a lot could depend if NP makes the final and starts off gate one. :rolleyes:

1 Crump

2 B Pedersen

3 Nicholls

4 Adams

although id like an each way bet on Karlsson and Kasprzak.