British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve jones

Gollob to quit GP series?

As is seen by Gollobs reaction, these decisions can seriously affect a riders career.

Should it be like that?

Sounds much like life in general then, some can hack it and some can't ;)

I have to agree with jblanch69.....the referee imo got both decisions badly wrong.

However we are all human and all make mistakes. It tends to balance itself out over the length of a career-riders just dont make a big fuss when it goes their way!

Andreas handled it correctly and Tomasz seemed to at the time too. The decision was made-it wasn't going to be changed and theres no point making a song and dance about it now imo

Sorry, but I though your anology was a bit simplistic.

I'm a simple sort of person :P;) ;-)

Pack it all in Gollob..............and pop down to Foxhall, please

My thoughts exactly!!! :approve:

Put Gollob on the Bydgoscz track and everyone will be saying how wonderful he is. I don't think these man made tracks help him at all and he is probably more frustrated at these tracks which in turn lead him to falling foul of the referee. I don't think Benfield can afford to lose Gollob as he is someone who will always give a talking point whether on track or Off track. He will stay I'm sure of that :):):)

I hope he goes and the whole thing falls on it's head hehehehe

Then I would like to see each country promoting their own GP for the good of speedway in their respective country :D ON PROPER tracks!

Then I would like to see each country promoting their own GP for the good of speedway in their respective country :D ON PROPER tracks!

So that would mean the British GP back at Coventry. As decent as Brandon is, it is not Ullevi or Millenium Stadium is it?

Let's look forward not back.

And the world team cup would follow so why are you going to Denmark in August if you want it all fall on it's head??????? :);)

quote="shazzybird"]Where we were sat, right above the pit entrance, one of the ref's :?: In black/white shirt, phoned the referee from the pit phone, as we were watching the main screen to see Mr Posselwhites' reaction, he seemed to just cancel the call rather than answer it :!: Maybe he knew he had made a harsh decision, :oops: but couldn't go back on it once it had been made.

i too sat in the same position, i think that was mr Olsen on the phone, although i think Gollob was fairly excluded in my view, although i would agree that it would have been different if it was rickardson.

There does appear to be more give and take for different rides, gollob gets away with nothing.

It wouldn't have to Jive, BSI aren't the be and end all are they???? Now that Sky are involved they would stay involved I'm sure and the promotors in said countries could take all the television revene that BSI are gleaning from the world championship speedway. I would like to think they would put it to a good cause too :approve:

I have been lead to believe that all the gate money that is taken at the WTC goes to Danish speedway and not to BSI, hope I'm right :?

The money doesn't have to be put into Coventry speedway, I'd much prefer Sheffield or even Peterborough altho Bradford would be my first choice, enjoyed the GP from there a few years back.

It wouldn't have to Jive, BSI aren't the be and end all are they???? Now that Sky are involved they would stay involved I'm sure and the promotors in said countries could take all the television revene that BSI are gleaning from the world championship speedway. I would like to think they would put it to a good cause too :approve:

I have been lead to believe that all the gate money that is taken at the WTC goes to Danish speedway and not to BSI, hope I'm right :?

The money doesn't have to be put into Coventry speedway, I'd much prefer Sheffield or even Peterborough altho Bradford would be my first choice, enjoyed the GP from there a few years back.

No Trees, BSI aren't the be all and end all. But if I was to choose between the organisation of World Speedway Championships pre-BSI and now. I'm firmly in the present.

Pre-BSI there was no TV coverage of the World Championship, now you moan that BSI are taking some money from TV companies for getting our sport back on the box. Don't you think they deserve some credit? :roll:

But if I was to choose between the organisation of World Speedway Championships pre-BSI and now.

But now they have discovered speedway it is likely to stay surely? I think speedway should gain from the tv exposure not BSI! The money BSI make from tv rights revenue should go to the speedway authorities for the advancement of speedway, not into their coffers, mind you BSI have made sure that nobody gets their hands on the rights until summat like 2020!!!!!!!

But if I was to choose between the organisation of World Speedway Championships pre-BSI and now.

But now they have discovered speedway it is likely to stay surely? I think speedway should gain from the tv exposure not BSI! The money BSI make from tv rights revenue should go to the speedway authorities for the advancement of speedway, not into their coffers, mind you BSI have made sure that nobody gets their hands on the rights until summat like 2020!!!!!!!

Trees - if you can find an organisation that puts World Speedway back on TV and puts our sport back into the World's great stadia and then wants to give all the money earned away, please tell........ :P

I, personally mind you, don't give a damn about having speedway in the world's great stadia, give the riders a decent track to race on in proper speedway stadia so I can sit in front of my tv and watch a good proggie that'll do for me :)

Like I say the media, well Sky and C4, have now discovered it and the speedway authorities in the staging countries should be gaining out of it, with the profits being put back into speedway in said countries, to perhaps improve stadia, run training courses, all sorts of things! Now instead, all profits are going to BSI, they have their grubby mits on ALL of the world championship meetings until 2017 thanks to the FIM, not voted for by GB, Sweden and Denmark I hasten to add, but what do those countries matter, they have only kept speedway going since it's introduction into Europe in the 20's!!!!

Guest Michal_Poland

Heh, don't worry Gollob won't quit GP for sure. Although.. maybe he should quit? :approve: