British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Should Nicki P Have Been Excluded

The same action was made by Tony Rickardsson in the Final - 4th lap, end of 1st corner - I think that Tony should have been excluded too

If Tony can get away with it then i think Nicki can get away with it :approve: The ref didnt say anything.

Yeah, because I watched the racing, thought to myself: looks like that was over the line with both wheels and was half expecting him to be excluded. So what? Genuine point.

Edited by Grachan

I don't remember if or when I ever saw an exclusion for both wheels over the white line, but it's been very, very rare and I'm positive that I've seen riders break the rule at least once per season and hardly ever suffer punishment. Perhaps refs need re-education to ensure the laws are applied correctly?

The one that aggreived me most was many years ago at Brandon, when Ole Olsen won a tight race against PC by blatantly cutting a corner. All the Aces fans were up in arms, but the ref and all Bees fans suddenly did a Wenger and were afflicted by selective blindness!! :shock::blink:

Yeah, because I watched the racing, thought to myself: looks like that was over the line with both wheels and was half expecting him to be excluded. So what? Genuine point.

So nothing. I was just responding. If Nicki bashing wasn't your intention I apologise, but that's the way it looked.

Genuine point. Yes, I agree that riders crossing the inside line is a valid topic for discussion. Wasn't it Bager that was excluded at P'brgh last year for having both wheels over the inside on the run to the first corner?

I also remember Greg H going way over the inside in a GP (Poland?) a few years years ago (2000ish).

The answer is simply to have curbs instead of lines.

I don't see why people are commenting on the width of the line. Why does it matter how wide the line is?

Quite right 21stCH I guess as long as one wheel wasn't still on the track then they were breaking the rules!

The only way a referee can enforce it is if they change the rules that neither wheel is allowed over the line, then the puff of white dust will give it away.

At practise on Friday, Crumpy was doing practising inside the white lines! So I think they were all at it really. The line did seem a bit wide to be honest!